Post Your Recent Purchases!

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Hello, Im new to the whole MVS scene but I recently picked up a Neo Geo mini off craigslist, it came with three games. The games are Golf, KOF 96 and All star professional baseball but the only downside is that the screen sometimes flickers creating a washed out image on the monitor whenever I tap on the joystick. Once I unplug the big long wire in the back of the crt monitor it temporarily fixes the problem for about 2 or 3 days then it happens again. Anyways excited to finally be able to own one of these, hopefully i'll come across a full size version!

Welcome, and nice pick-up. Minis don't exactly grow on trees. ;)

If you want a full size version I'll trade you ;-)

Exactly.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Last edited:

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Awesome get and awesome game! Is that the official side-art? Never seen it before, then again, there are so many versions of SF2.

Indeed, i think it's because the size makes it ideal for home use.

That's the official side art for street fighter 1, albeit with some bad sun fade it's supposed to be red not pink.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Pleased to now have KOF99

I've been playing my way through the entire series, currently still on 94 because it's so great! :)

KOF99_zpstdtkz6e7.jpg

Also purchased Bang Busters courtesy of Frazer!

12339342_1670537083189760_4091809909736343530_o_zpsetcshg2i.jpg

And finally got a Egret 2 to go with my Astro City!

Here comes a new addiction to buying CAVE boards :(

image_zpsq3nghn2g.jpeg

Last edited:

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
Nice Tom!!
I ve been looking for a kof 99 for a while without luck...!!nice find!

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Awesome get and awesome game! Is that the official side-art? Never seen it before, then again, there are so many versions of SF2.

Thanks LS and BK. as westcb said, it's street fighter 1. Pretty cool find and the price was right.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Pleased to now have KOF99

I've been playing my way through the entire series, currently still on 94 because it's so great! :)

KOF99_zpstdtkz6e7.jpg

Also purchased Bang Busters courtesy of Frazer!

12339342_1670537083189760_4091809909736343530_o_zpsetcshg2i.jpg

And finally got a Egret 2 to go with my Astro City!

Here comes a new addiction to buying CAVE boards :(

image_zpsq3nghn2g.jpeg

Those are some serious gets.

pheonixman

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Nice one Tom :glee:

Tell me this though what do you think of KOF99 compared to 98, I recently picked up 98 but can't get on with it :tickled: maybe something to do with the fact I got a KI2 pcb which I can't stop playing.

That Egret looks mint if only I had the extra room :D so I could have a 4 button Neo style layout for my MVS games bit of a pain keep changing the cable everytime I switch between PCBs.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Nice.. I also have US copy of KOF 99.

It seems like a hard one to find, and a great game too.

Nice Tom!!
I ve been looking for a kof 99 for a while without luck...!!nice find!

Thanks Ηλιας, I hope you manage to find it soon :)

Nice find for Kof 99!
K' music is one of the best :)

Cheers

Those are some serious gets.

Thanks mate, The price was excellent too!

Nice one Tom :glee:

Tell me this though what do you think of KOF99 compared to 98, I recently picked up 98 but can't get on with it :tickled: maybe something to do with the fact I got a KI2 pcb which I can't stop playing.

That Egret looks mint if only I had the extra room :D so I could have a 4 button Neo style layout for my MVS games bit of a pain keep changing the cable everytime I switch between PCBs.

I love the KOF series but I'll be honest I'm finding I need to spend some serious time with each one to get the most of them.

I haven't put many hours into 99 yet - I'm trying to play through each one in turn until I can complete them with ease.

The Egret II is nice, I plan on using it for CAVE games mainly :)

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Pick ups for the past Month. Thanks to Mike for the PGM2 group buy.

(photobucket won't flip, don't feel like re taking picture)

city41

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Guardian Force is the true hidden gem there.

For sure. I haven't played it in over a decade, but I loved it back in the day. Just played it a bit and already digging it.

The Salamander pack and Parodiuses are also great. Strange how I like these games but find Gradius to be meh.

And damn, the Saturn port of KOF95 is fantastic. It seems pretty much perfect. Every other Saturn Neo port I've played has been good, but at the very least have muffled sound effects (and they changed some of the sound effects in Metal Slug for some reason...)

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
For sure. I haven't played it in over a decade, but I loved it back in the day. Just played it a bit and already digging it.

The Salamander pack and Parodiuses are also great. Strange how I like these games but find Gradius to be meh.

And damn, the Saturn port of KOF95 is fantastic. It seems pretty much perfect. Every other Saturn Neo port I've played has been good, but at the very least have muffled sound effects (and they changed some of the sound effects in Metal Slug for some reason...)

Which is the better version of Salamander PC-Engine or Saturn? I've played Life Force and love that game.