Post Your Recent Purchases!

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
And the list goes on. I just found out if you don't skip the scene after you win a fight and go to the next the game freezes too. I sort of hate to send this thing back to China because it was so damn cheap and it'd take forever to get a refund. Not sure what to do at this point. Thanks for the help again. Hopefully someone has an idea what the hell is going on here.

Unless someone can confirm otherwise, that is a repair job. Those 4 should either be EPROMs or 2 more mask ROMs and 2 open spots. Never seen a factory cart that looks like that. It may be SNK repair though - check the solder joints on the back. Cannot tell from pic.

MidnightAbyss

Mr. Big's Thug
Unless someone can confirm otherwise, that is a repair job. Those 4 should either be EPROMs or 2 more mask ROMs and 2 open spots. Never seen a factory cart that looks like that. It may be SNK repair though - check the solder joints on the back. Cannot tell from pic.

Yeah. I'll probably start by reflowing the solder joints and go from there. By the way, the last chip does have a jumper wire on it. You can't see it in the picture though. The scans of the board show a black wire jumping pins on the last chip. Thanks again for the help everyone. I will be back after a couple hours and a few beers.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
And the list goes on. I just found out if you don't skip the scene after you win a fight and go to the next the game freezes too. I sort of hate to send this thing back to China because it was so damn cheap and it'd take forever to get a refund. Not sure what to do at this point. Thanks for the help again. Hopefully someone has an idea what the hell is going on here.

A lot hassel to return item back to china. I had a thread about it and it took me a long time to get money back.

MidnightAbyss

Mr. Big's Thug
A lot hassel to return item back to china. I had a thread about it and it took me a long time to get money back.

Yeah. It's not fun.

Quick update. I got distracted and haven't reflowed the solder yet. I did run a CRC check in Unibios and it failed all across the board.

Edit: Reflowed solder on the four chips and not a damn thing has changed.

Edit2: Reflowed whole top board and not a damn thing changed.

Edit3: I think this thing is roached. Any ideas about where to go from here? Maybe I should make a separate thread so I'm not filling this one up with my problems.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Edit3: I think this thing is roached. Any ideas about where to go from here? Maybe I should make a separate thread so I'm not filling this one up with my problems.
Yeah, might be time someone burned you replacements for those "repaired" chips, so you can switch them out... that'd be the next step I'd take. But I'm not that knowledgeable, maybe just open a thread in tech.

Edit.jpg

Portland Retro Gaming Expo is this weekend. Only 4 guys had MVS carts, and only one had anything that wasn't super common (I'm talking US Samsho 1, Fatal Fury 1). Picked both carts up for 100 bucks, and the Mega Man for 22.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
I was at PGRE too. Wasn't looking for anything in particular so I just picked up some random stuff:

6JMbOQ5.jpg

Also sup Quan. Saw you working your booth, but didn't get a chance to stop and say "hi". My friend and I were appreciating how all the Nintendos in the console free play area were hooked up with BLW.

Last edited:

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
It's not quite videogame related... but I am super happy I was able to get this original:
$_57.JPG$_57 (2).JPG

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
It's not quite videogame related... but I am super happy I was able to get this original

It's not an original it says right on the COA that it's a giclee with an addition of 200. It's even numbered on the print itself.

Ren-chan

It's not an original it says right on the COA that it's a giclee with an addition of 200. It's even numbered on the print itself.

Oooh, I see!

Edit:
Yup about the 200, I saw it yesterday, anyways, it's an "original" (print) as for disney eyes, isn't it? I mean... this certificate is made for a reason, uh?

Last edited:

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Oooh, I see!

Edit:
Yup about the 200, I saw it yesterday, anyways, it's an "original" (print) as for disney eyes, isn't it? I mean... this certificate is made for a reason, uh?

Gigclee by definition simply means a high quality ink jet print from a digital scan of the original drawing or piece of art.

Basically, 200 of these repro prints were made for the ASIFA event in 2007 as stated on the COA. It is hand signed by the artist and numbered which is where most of it's value comes from.

Speaking of value, if it were the original, I am pretty sure it would have commanded more than the $195 OBO it just went for on ebay yesterday... same 43/200 print.

Ren-chan

Gigclee by definition simply means a high quality ink jet print from a digital scan of the original drawing or piece of art.

Basically, 200 of these repro prints were made for the ASIFA event in 2007 as stated on the COA. It is hand signed by the artist and numbered which is where most of it's value comes from.

Speaking of value, if it were the original, I am pretty sure it would have commanded more than the $195 OBO it just went for on ebay yesterday... same 43/200 print.

Yep, that one was mine. I am not used to original sketches value, I once bought one of the original Ultimate Spiderman pages from Todd Nauck for a friend who was getting married and it was an A3 page at 350usd, signed and dedicated. I just thought it was an ok-ish value, anyways... I've never been able to find anything (lion king related) from Andreas Deja and I just couldn't let that one pass lol.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
TerryA40End.JPG TerryA40End.JPG

Here is a example of a real production drawing. This is a Key/End cel I got many years back. I wonder if someone framed it originally, as the trace lines are faded beyond belief.

Ren-chan

I got a friend who also collects a lot of those, he has a billion from Dragon Ball / Dr. Slump hehe. Pretty expensive ones he has!
Also, those from Fatal Fury you got are totally awesome. Are yours expensive?

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
Good choice. Also spending some time with the game. I see a lot of people doing hard levels. But doing a good one is not that easier.

Agreed. I'm a fan of well balanced levels that feel like they could have come direct from Nintendo. The ones that people just flood the screen with random crap or have levels that autoplay don't feel good or fun to play.

I played one level that I couldn't figure out how to even get it started. I downloaded it an opened it in the editor mode and the guy had a warp pipe that leads to a section with nothing in it. Real garbage level.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
View attachment 29560

Portland Retro Gaming Expo is this weekend. Only 4 guys had MVS carts, and only one had anything that wasn't super common (I'm talking US Samsho 1, Fatal Fury 1). Picked both carts up for 100 bucks, and the Mega Man for 22.

Hmmm, well with the label on that Last Blade, and you saying you got it from the one guy that had stuff that wasn't super common I'm going to guess you got that from shadowkn55's booth (the Arcadeworks booth w/the Omega & BLW). But hey, that's 2x the amount of guys that carried MVS carts this year as I only saw 2 tables last year w/carts.

Most of my $ that I spent this year was at the live auction. Which had a shit ton more people attending it than last year.

Stacey Adam

New Challenger
Got a NOS instruction decal strip of Martial Master for the PGM system off ebay for $7.00 shipped. As far as I know you don't come across these often, especially in English.

IMG_20151019_094327645[1].jpgIMG_20151019_094546117[1].jpgIMG_20151019_094615747[1].jpg

Hmmm, well with the label on that Last Blade, and you saying you got it from the one guy that had stuff that wasn't super common I'm going to guess you got that from shadowkn55's booth (the Arcadeworks booth w/the Omega & BLW). But hey, that's 2x the amount of guys that carried MVS carts this year as I only saw 2 tables last year w/carts.

Most of my $ that I spent this year was at the live auction. Which had a shit ton more people attending it than last year.

You are correct, sir. Repro label doesn't bother me, the carts were fairly priced.

I actually skipped the auction this year. Too rich for my blood plus I'd been there since 7am already.

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
nice find.best port of dragon spirit, and dragon saber is in my top ten favourite shooters of all time,pick it up if you can.