Post Your Recent Purchases!

matt5cott

n00b
5 years I've been after NITD, finally I have it, crossed swords was another unexpected pickup, the price was right :)

pickups.jpg

And the cherry on the cake, after 5 years of having one game in my collection with a ripped label (Garou MOTW) I now have a minty Garou MOTW, which is why I have the Garou twins currently, interestingly one has Toshiba printed all over the shop, one does not.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
fami2.jpgfami3.jpgfami4.jpgfami5.jpgfami6.jpg

I recently received the Twin Famicom that Lem modded for me (RGB, Audio, Controller Ports) and was finally smart enough to order the right cable to use it => awesomeness
(The Picture of the shirt is just that of a pal who insisted on playing every Wrestling game we find on that console, on the image with the controller it's also his hands ;))

Videos:
http://1drv.ms/1D0BIfr
http://1drv.ms/1D0BPYB

Last edited:

sparksterz

Camel Slug
I like the read one better... but holy crap I'd love either one, especially with RGB. Another nice addition Berry!

I had one, and I gotta say I much prefer a A/V Famicom and a Disk System. Controller lengths, less modular repairs/upgrades...idk I prefer the look of it, but not the execution.

qurao

n00b
Finally got the last few needed to complete my SNES region unlocking mod. Lifting the tiny pins off the board wasn't as bad as I was fearing, but I did have to count my way to the correct legs numerous times, just to make sure; I had a hard time keeping my eyes focused on something so tiny.
IMG_20150327_203407_zpss8cn5gp3.jpg

IMG_20150327_203426_zpszroqtqdt.jpg

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
Not exactly video game related but since a lot of people here collect Lego, I got this set today:

2015-03-28 13.05.58.jpg

Haven't built anything out of Lego for a while and was looking for a good set to get the ball rolling - the above Technic 8110 set, now officially discontinued, but still available, seemed to be generally recommended as one of the best Technic sets ever so I decided to go with that.
Will probably take a while to build, especially with all those stupid things such as work, sleeping and eating getting in the way :lolz:

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
Not exactly video game related but since a lot of people here collect Lego, I got this set today:

View attachment 23986

Haven't built anything out of Lego for a while and was looking for a good set to get the ball rolling - the above Technic 8110 set, now officially discontinued, but still available, seemed to be generally recommended as one of the best Technic sets ever so I decided to go with that.

Will probably take a while to build, especially with all those stupid things such as work, sleeping and eating getting in the way :lolz:

You're right, it's one of the best Technic sets currently available, congratulations.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Well the wait is finally over, I have been after this game for years and years. I completed it on an emulator back in 2000 and nearly got the cart around 2004/5 but wasn't really into retro games until more recently. Pardon the pun but I finally pulled the trigger for Chrono Trigger!!!!!!!!!!!

It is boxed and complete with original registration card, mint condition posters, full colour manual and a cart that looks like it is brand new. The box is nice and sturdy but has signs of wear, but overall I'm very pleased. This sure beats playing the crappy iOS version that I have on my iPad.

IMG_3922.jpg

IMG_3923.jpg

Not taking chances playing an epic PRG with a 20 year old battery for my save games, I installed a battery holder and a new CR2032 battery :)
IMG_3924.jpg

Now equipped with a fresh battery to look after my saves, lets rock!
IMG_3925.jpg

Last edited:

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Nice get Larrs. Chrono Trigger on SNES is a treat to be savored. Good call on replacing the battery. :)

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
What kind of battery holder are you using in there?

Hi Shadowkn55,

I buy these from Hong Kong via eBay, I have replaced over a dozen batteries in SNES carts using these. You need to mod them slightly, you bend both pins downwards so they fit through the holes in the cart's PCB, the pin at the top needs to be trimmed down a little, I use a pair to nail scissors to clip it but its also worth putting a glob of super glue on the back and let it dry to stop the connectors raising up when you bend the pins.

This video is handy for members looking to do something similar:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYFXNEH_vvk&spfreload=10
The holders are these ones: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-Pieces-...893?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c70d66d45

Hope that helps :)

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Hi Shadowkn55,

I buy these from Hong Kong via eBay, I have replaced over a dozen batteries in SNES carts using these. You need to mod them slightly, you bend both pins downwards so they fit through the holes in the cart's PCB, the pin at the top needs to be trimmed down a little, I use a pair to nail scissors to clip it but its also worth putting a glob of super glue on the back and let it dry to stop the connectors raising up when you bend the pins.

This video is handy for members looking to do something similar:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYFXNEH_vvk&spfreload=10
The holders are these ones: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-Pieces-...893?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c70d66d45

Hope that helps :)

I was either considering doing the battery holder or replacing the sram with fram and forgetting the whole battery issue till the end of time.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I was either considering doing the battery holder or replacing the sram with fram and forgetting the whole battery issue till the end of time.

Now that sounds like an awesome plan, if you manage the mod I'd be interested to see how you got on. I never have come across a completely dead battery on an old game so far but don't want to take chances. I really need to replace more for my original GameBoy games but since the carts are very shallow I have not found a holder that is low enough.

statix138

Crossed Swords Squire
Well the wait is finally over, I have been after this game for years and years. I completed it on an emulator back in 2000 and nearly got the cart around 2004/5 but wasn't really into retro games until more recently. Pardon the pun but I finally pulled the trigger for Chrono Trigger!!!!!!!!!!!

It is boxed and complete with original registration card, mint condition posters, full colour manual and a cart that looks like it is brand new. The box is nice and sturdy but has signs of wear, but overall I'm very pleased. This sure beats playing the crappy iOS version that I have on my iPad.

IMG_3922.jpg

IMG_3923.jpg

Not taking chances playing an epic PRG with a 20 year old battery for my save games, I installed a battery holder and a new CR2032 battery :)
IMG_3924.jpg

Now equipped with a fresh battery to look after my saves, lets rock!
IMG_3925.jpg

Very nice! I spent so many hours play Chrono Trigger as a kid and I still play it from time to time. Glad I kept all of my SNES stuff from when I was a kid.