mawa_nl

Kuroko's Training Dummy
My pickups today
e9dqir.jpg

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Negro you cray cray.

Good music is the only thing that version has going for it.

Yodd, pls..

You knoe I only play my games w/ my eyes closed. X_x

Back OT. I received a CDi in a trade. Am too embarrassed to post a pic. 😁

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Oh, and the game has a difficulty level your average humanoid can get down with too.

carnage6

n00b
Picked up a neo 6 slot arcade unit with 19 games for $1000CAD. The games were pretty good ones too like Blazing Star and Metal Slug 4 for instance. Great deal.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Got a really nice deal on a bunch of Nintendo games that were on my wishlist. Got a great deal, worked out to be like $8 a cart. I actually owned most of those GBA games when I was younger but some asshole in college stole them out of my dormroom :mad:

Oh yeah the seller randomly included an NES PCB, turns out it's an Earthbound reproduction? Very cool! gonna have to find a crappy donor shell and get a nice label printed up. I have finished Earthbound on the SNES but have been meaning to try the unreleased prototype rom of the Mother game we almost got.

0a6cc86f-ab28-47c1-bb80-7eb0823b8eca.jpg

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Back OT. I received a CDi in a trade. Am too embarrassed to post a pic.
Woo, I just remembered playing some kind of mini golf game in a Center Parcs (Netherlands) my family went on vacation to like 20 years ago... as part of a publicity action there were CD-i consoles in every bungalow and you could rent games/movies for the thing... there was also a pinball game available that didn't suck too bad.

//EDIT: Yup, we played "The Wacky World of Miniature Golf" and "Pinball"... but looking at some gameplay videos on youtube those games are actually ass.

Last edited:

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
First JAMMA purchase, direct from Tokyo

I recently had the good fortune to take my first trip to Tokyo, and of course I made it a priority to pick up some games.

First stop was Akihabara market and I was absolutely blown away with what was available, including not one, but about 4 or 5 dedicated SEGA buildings.

After playing some games at some various arcades, I made a bee-line to find the ultimate arcade shops - MAK! and G-Front.

Could not find MAK! (but I did find and buy a cool Anime wig for my Fiance), but G-Front had a clear sign so I was in luck.

Upon entering I saw a large bin of MVS games. Prices were not cheap, but also not outrageous. I've never seen so many MVS games in one spot. Too bad that I did not find any that were on my list (except for some Real Bout - but I can get that in North America pretty easy). Shit - sorry that I did not take a pic of this MVS bin!

Seeing as there was no MVS games that I wanted, I figured this was the perfect time for me to start my JAMMA collection. And as you can see in the pic, there were a LOT of selection on the JAMMA front. See behind the guy, as well as many many more in boxes in in the back of the shop.

g-front_small.jpg

There was a "Menu of JAMMA games" available to peruse, but it was in Japanese. I tried my best to decipher, and had some success, but yah... Here's a pic:

g-menu_small.jpg

I settled on picking up one of my favorite CPS1 games - and a fitting one to start off my collection: Capcom's Final Fight!

cps1_small.jpg

Now I'm looking for a nice Supergun with RGB to get this going. I'm currently looking at the Boardmaster which is made from a SEGA arcade panel. Any thoughts on this?

miisalo

Astra Superstar
15397987198_9b8923a357_c.jpg

Works perfectly with 126" screen.

Also bought 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD for steam games

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Projection?

Yes, projector screen. Can't be really used for serious gaming. xrgb's lag + projector's / amp's lag = good for puzzle games and occasional gaming, but you need to learn to predict whats coming in fighting games. My 15" crt is better that way.

I have another projector that has RGB (VGA) input and has less lag, haven't yet tested that with xrgb-3 and b0 mode.