CRT Fetish Thread

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
So i finally took the plunge in getting a PVM. I ended winning on ebay a Sony PVM-20L2MD. So i take it, i need a BNC Connector Scart cable? Is there a cheaper option then ebay, they want $35+shipping.

Is the seller daskrabs? He's a user on here.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
So i finally took the plunge in getting a PVM. I ended winning on ebay a Sony PVM-20L2MD. So i take it, i need a BNC Connector Scart cable? Is there a cheaper option then ebay, they want $35+shipping.

There are a couple of people on eBay, retrogames cables UK, and daskrabs that still make these cables. You'll need a female scart to BNC cable so that the console scart cables (male) will plug in. You can go that route or have a male to male go from that monitor's scart to a scart switch.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member

grats man i remember someone posting a link on a site that was selling cables and i bought one off there but hell if i remember what the site was lol

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
I'm not sure if I posted the current setup video from my collection thread, but here it is. Featured is a Samsung GXTV, Sony PVM 20M4U, and a Sony PVM-2030.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I went with Daskrabs for cheaper. Now im hoping the PVM arrives safely.

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
on a similar note, i've been considering one of those HDMI~HDMI+L/R STEREO RCA converter boxes for the PS4 when i finally get one,
but i've heard these noises about the PS4 somehow recognizing that you are using one and bricking itself on you for your trouble.

anyone know anything about this?

aaronjmill

Zero's Secretary
chiming in to also back retrogamingcables.co.uk. haven't had a problem with my SCART to DB25 adapter on my 2030. it got here surprisingly quickly too for something shipped from the UK.

aaronmjr

Mr. Big's Thug
chiming in to also back retrogamingcables.co.uk. haven't had a problem with my SCART to DB25 adapter on my 2030. it got here surprisingly quickly too for something shipped from the UK.

Snap a couple screenshots next time you're playing a game! I'd love to see.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
on a similar note, i've been considering one of those HDMI~HDMI+L/R STEREO RCA converter boxes for the PS4 when i finally get one,
but i've heard these noises about the PS4 somehow recognizing that you are using one and bricking itself on you for your trouble.

anyone know anything about this?

I think you'll be alright as long as you put vibration-dampening feet on it.

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
kindly be a pal and shove it where the sun don't shine, would you?

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
My NES looks fantastic on my PVM, even though it's in composite. I also hooked up my Wii and Wii U to it via component and they look pretty good. Now if only Shovel Knight could be displayed in 4:3...

simon_C

n00b
Gaiares on a Model 1 Genesis, rgb modded and on a PVM-2030

EOmB9H9.jpg

simon_C

n00b
How do you rgb mod a model 1 genesis? Don't you just buy a cable?

That's all I did :O

It's cooler to say "mod."

Because i did mod it. I did'nt buy a cable because i am against expensive proprietary cables and connectors. I am modding all of my consoles to use standard VGA ports with standard VGA pinouts so i can use standard vga cables to hook them up with a standard vga switch.

genesis and pvm-2030 RGB adapter cable:
3A4e6wF.jpg

shit quality pic, so sue me.

saturn ports:
SYCfpIx.jpg

simon_C

n00b
Another un-necessary molestation of a console.

:oh_no:

Oh shut up. I saved those. They were both broken. They would have been garbage otherwise. Its not like they're rare either. I think i paid 20$ for each of them, and the genesis came with a free (albeit broken, but now fixed) Sega CD, which I am now going to paint brown and green argyle patterns on just to annoy you. :loco::lolz:

Last edited:

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Stock Genny/MD and Saturn RGB Scart is some of the best out-of-the-box RGB out there on some of these older consoles, especially compared to the likes of SNES/SFC etc. Great, your consoles were broken but I guess I'd rather see them fixed, kept stock and enjoyed as I doubt this VGA mod will produce a better picture than the stock RGB. Expensive and proprietary? No and no. Folks on this forum have made such cables off and on for no more than 10+ bux over the years. Hell, even FleaBay is riddled with options in this price range too. Bummer.