AES Clear Protective Cases

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
Even if ziplock bags were archival, they'd be more of a pain than these cases are. Overall I like the cases and am glad I got them. You do have to pay attention when putting a game back into them, but it's really not that bad.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
These cases are ideal though for the vagrant collector. The one who doesn't have a home to live in. The one who would rather keep his rare titles after redundancy > selling them to make the mortgage payments.

So, they do have a purpose.

For everyone else, the best protective case is their house...

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Only way to do it is store your stuff in boxes made from this

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
The added advantage to Ziploc baggies though is that they keep the games fresh longer than your average protective case/bag.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
At the very least, it keeps the vinyl cover of the cases from sticking to each other. That's reason enough for me.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
One has to be careful with ziplock bags. A lot of them will yellow and release chloride gas that damages stuff.

Just make sure to get some polypropolene/mylar/archival type stuff if you are that serious.
Simple nylon bugs may release chloride gas as well?

housethemous

New Challenger
Bumping a dead thread here -

Anyone know where to pick up any more of the AES Clear Box Protectors?
The original seller from eBay appears to be all sold out :\

Does anyone have experience with this SaveYourGames company linked above or know of another company that's manufacturing these?

Cheers.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Look - I don't know shit about where to buy these AES cases, but I suggest at least 1 more layer on top of these fuckers, as they scuff easily - Gotta protect the investment in your investment.

My suggested storage method for an AES game: Cart in original snap case, snap case inside one of these sleeves, no less than 6 mil plastic bag to stop from scuffing, then a white cardboard/corrugate slip case to stop UV light from fading the art.

Oh you're in Pennsylvania - dry as shit in the winter, humid as fuck in the summer? What kind of room you keep these in - climate controlled? You might want to look into a large safe deposit box at your bank.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Look - I don't know shit about where to buy these AES cases, but I suggest at least 1 more layer on top of these fuckers, as they scuff easily - Gotta protect the investment in your investment.

My suggested storage method for an AES game: Cart in original snap case, snap case inside one of these sleeves, no less than 6 mil plastic bag to stop from scuffing, then a white cardboard/corrugate slip case to stop UV light from fading the art.

Oh you're in Pennsylvania - dry as shit in the winter, humid as fuck in the summer? What kind of room you keep these in - climate controlled? You might want to look into a large safe deposit box at your bank.

Take it down a notch bud.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member

Relax and have a Hot n Ready.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'm actually surprised he sold out. He had tens of thousands of these things. Maybe it's time for Windy to step in.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Forgive me fellas, you know I get carried away when it comes to storage and preservation of these investments.

You always lie down and take it up the clacka like an old granny. Fight back for once.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Forgive me fellas, you know I get carried away when it comes to storage and preservation of these investments.

I know what you mean. It's not like it's an MVS cart in a shockbox and clear plastic though. I have these for my sealed AES games that I had doubles of. I don't use these for the games I actually play though.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager

You forgot about the VGA grading outer case Mikey.

Fucking amateur...

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
I know what you mean. It's not like it's an MVS cart in a shockbox and clear plastic though. I have these for my sealed AES games that I had doubles of. I don't use these for the games I actually play though.

Lamuna.

BlackFlag

Formerly Lamuna
That protective case from the saveyourgames guy is pretty expensive...why not just put your games in a box or something...better protection than the plastic sleeve...

GinForBreakfast

Quiz Detective
In this thread people are _not_ recommending protection cases made of PVC because of it containing acid, a question follows however.

What's the original clear plastic covering the inserts of both old-style and new-style cases made of? PVC?