Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I preordered mine from GS.com and it arrived today... I just finished playing a few of the games on the handheld unit itself, and I'm very impressed with it. IMO everything else that comes with it is icing on the cake. I like the novelty of the whole docking station as a console idea, and got a big kick out of the packaging for it all. It adds to the overall experience. I was also very surprised to find that the joystick is quite similar to the original - I expected it to be smaller, or something. Nothing like this can ever be perfect, especially given a decent amount of hype, but ultimately I think they did a great job with it, and I am happy I purchased one! A nice addition to my collection of pretty much every device to play the neogeo games on haha

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
How much does he think he's going to get for that? Right now literally everyone who has a system has that game. His only hope is for a collector to want a second sealed copy.

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I hope no one else ends up with a smashed Neo, although I don't think it's too likely seeing as how it was shipped in a trash bag. What I don't get is why they are doing this with a $200 electronic item. I just bought Skylanders Giants last month and it came in a box well packed and protected. What the fuck. The rep told me he saw other complaints being filed about their Neo's being shipped in plastic wrap. Not a good sign.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Burning Fight and Mutation Nation are both good bad games, like much of the early Neo games. Need to add Ninja Combat for the holy trinity of awesome crap.

The best I can tell, it only seems to be charging when you have the dock switched to "on."

Yeah that's how it's happening which makes no fucking sense.

SSS

neo retired
In case you guys aren't keeping up with the hacking thread. Turns out it has a 2 gig sd card for memory

Last edited:

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
In case you guys aren't keeping up with the hacking thread. Turns out it has a 2 gig sd card for memory

I figured they would have something like that so you could insert the purchased games and have it add (copy) it with the rest so they all show up on the menu without
having to card swap for a few games.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I went to Best Buy today and found a Vita case for about $7 so I picked it up. It came with a case, a microfiber cloth, screen protector, and game card carrier. The screen protector works for the NGX it just needs to be cut down slightly and the case works great for the handheld. Here is what the box looked like
photodec2021011pm.jpg

And here it is after I modified it ;)
photodec20101035pm.jpg

Last edited:

swlovinist

I am THE IMMORTAL!, RESPECT ME or face, Random You
Mine arrived...and in good shape. Whew! I got scared after seeing what others have posted about the "trash bag" it got sent in. I am looking forward to seeing what other games get releases. After swearing to never ever playing Magician Lord after beating it...I find myself drawn to play it again.

Iinfinite

n00b
I just had a chance to review my unit from Game Stop. The HDMI image seems to look best when I set the video processor to "16:9 normal" mode (scale but don't stretch), 1080p with black bars on the sides. I also noticed the screen "tearing" artifact on certain games that have more side scrolling (not a big deal but kinda distracting).

Mr. Zurkon

Zero's Secretary
Finally got mine tonight! But this was after calling the Gamestop I pre ordered at only to find out that they still didn't receive my system, fortunately I decided to check stock online to see if any of the other stores had one. And I found another Gamestop in my town that said they had it in stock, I called and they said the one they had was from someone who cancelled a pre order so they could sell it to me if I wanted it. Of course I went to pick it up, and now I need to cancel my pre order at the other location, good thing only 50 bucks was put down on the pre order :) Love the packaging, great attention to detail. Personally I think the dock does not feel cheap at all for what it is, the stick for the most part feels great. Would prefer a metal base though and a sturdier directional stick like the bean shaped neo cd sticks I have, I don't have an original neo stick to compare this to. LOVE the handheld, I think they did everything right with it. Feels like a great quality piece of machinery and Im super pleased with it. The speakers are actually better than I expected, but I have to say that I'm not fully satisfied with the dock's video output. Hdmi is nice and bright but doesn't look as good as my Aes does. Through the av cable on my crt it looks decent, but dull and dark. Acceptable yes but when I switched av channels to do a back and forth comparison of Metal Slug, the difference was huge. I'll still play it on the tv, but mostly Ill be using the handheld, and it sure as hell doesn't beat the Aes by any means. So overall I'm quite happy, minus the Gamestop experience of course. Looking forward to new games coming out (they better have cases damn it) and whatever else the future may bring for this great little handheld. I hope Tommo gives it the attention I think it deserves :)

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Mine arrived...and in good shape. Whew! I got scared after seeing what others have posted about the "trash bag" it got sent in. I am looking forward to seeing what other games get releases. After swearing to never ever playing Magician Lord after beating it...I find myself drawn to play it again.

Did u order from BB?

SlickDizzy

Mr. Big's Thug
For what it's worth, mine was ordered from Target.com, and came packaged in an oversized box filled with packing peanuts; totally immaculate.

image-1_zps9f96d7e6.jpg

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
I went to Best Buy today and found a Vita case for about $7 so I picked it up. It came with a case, a microfiber cloth, screen protector, and game card carrier. The screen protector works for the NGX it just needs to be cut down slightly and the case works great for the handheld. Here is what the box looked like
photodec2021011pm.jpg

And here it is after I modified it ;)
photodec20101035pm.jpg

KILLER

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Yeah that's how it's happening which makes no fucking sense.

I've been charging mine over USB. It charges fine while the device is off, so I'm guessing the dock must just cut power completely to the port when it is switched off. That's actually better for the battery. Honestly, I used my dock for the first day, had some fun, but I think more than anything the stick is going to get used on my computer and the dock is going back in its box. The unit itself is perfectly fine for me ;)

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
I hope no one else ends up with a smashed Neo, although I don't think it's too likely seeing as how it was shipped in a trash bag. What I don't get is why they are doing this with a $200 electronic item. I just bought Skylanders Giants last month and it came in a box well packed and protected. What the fuck. The rep told me he saw other complaints being filed about their Neo's being shipped in plastic wrap. Not a good sign.

I'm betting mine are being shipped in a bag. Every one of them has the UPS tracking with the weight as 6.00 lbs. I'm guessing that's what the boxed system weighs exactly. I should know tomorrow (Friday).

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I wonder why Shawn isn't stocking these in the Neo Store. Seems like something he would have been behind years ago.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Remind me again as to why people are excited about this?

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Once these things start selling for cheap... I wonder how long before we start seeing consolized MVS projects using the dock. Pop off the hinges, put a rectangular block in the middle to give more vertical clearance. Widen the cart slot area...

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Once these things start selling for cheap... I wonder how long before we start seeing consolized MVS projects using the dock. Pop off the hinges, put a rectangular block in the middle to give more vertical clearance. Widen the cart slot area...

Shoot I was thinking of what kind of MAME set up someone could jam into this dock, replace the video ports and get some real clean video output comin outta here with some hyperspin action, Hella tight.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I wonder why Shawn isn't stocking these in the Neo Store. Seems like something he would have been behind years ago.

Shawn mentioned he was going to carry this in the NeoStore but he probably said fuck it.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I doubt he would sell any... Amazon does free shipping, so does Target/Walmart if you have their cards.

Wynd

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I went to Best Buy today and found a Vita case for about $7 so I picked it up.

That Rocketfish starter kit is $8 on Best Buy's website with free shipping right now. Ordered one for my X.