Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
I'm interested in getting a few Sega prize figures to decorate my gaming area or tv.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
I don't get the criticism of NECA either. Other than some breakage issues with the joints on their recent DC stuff (Reeves Superman in particular), they've been firing on all cylinders in my opinion. They've become the company McFarlane Toys should have.

While Funko's stuff doesn't appeal to me personally, from a design/aesthetic standpoint, their products are very popular, so I think they're going to around for quite a while.

With prices always climbing, I often wonder why the toy industry doesn't crash (not that I want it to or anything). The cost bump started with the economic downturn and corresponding increase in oil prices (high oil was the primary reason most toy manufactueres cited for jacking up their costs), but, of course, with oil much lower these days, we haven't seen any corresponding relief on sticker prices for toys.

I don't argue that a Marvel Legend figure shouldn't cost more in 2016, due to inflation, but an almost 300% increase since the mid-2000s ($7 --> $20) is complete bullshit in my opinion.

It really comes down to personal preference, my few experiences with NECA products ended in dissappointment so I don't like to buy their products as a result

And the Legends markup is batshit crazy, they're just not worth 20 bucks to me, but it's the only way to get some solid Marvel superhero toys nowadays so to date the only one I've bought was a Spider-man for my kid, I've been very hesitant to get him a Hulk to go with it due to the ridiculous price

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I have couple hundred game and anime related prize figures I collected from 04'-10' if anybody wants any shoot me a PM with what you're looking for.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I'm interested in getting a few Sega prize figures to decorate my gaming area or tv.

For what they are, Sega prize figs are pretty good.

What you buy from Japan is likely made in Japan so the quality control is much higher than something from a US figure producer which has their products manufactured in China.

Do you seriously believe they're actually made in Japan? All of the figures I own, all I bought in or from Japan are made in china.

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Do you seriously believe they're actually made in Japan? All of the figures I own, all I bought in or from Japan are made in china.

I seriously do, as several of mine have "made in Japan" stamped on them. If you're buying Bandai, Takara, etc. stuff, they're going to be made in China. If you buy certain items from Medicom or basically anything made of sofubi, they're going to be made in Japan.

groundzero

Cheng's Errand Boy
Voltron He-Man and GI Joe from the 80's. I also like Side Show collectables at comic con every year.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Some of the new junk. Got 3 of these High Score Girls, mainly for the mini-cabs

nendoroid-high-score-girl-akira-oono-419855.1_zpszwq6c73o.jpg~original

1377084_1684802211777180_4451177652188197004_n_zpsdbnnp9kt.jpg~original

12479210_451205005076171_1120990965_n.jpg

12530753_920113671435296_792237775_n.jpg

12558522_184780431884862_1426929670_n.jpg

12568859_1744685009097714_1677097981_n.jpg

12501986_1037625332946052_1816016870_n.jpg

12407484_1503212239984597_2071318290_n.jpg

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
That's a mighty impressive haul!

That new Devastator is badass, and I've read that the Japanese version, like you have, is the one to get. In the US, I believe Hasbro cut some of the articulation and didn't include the smaller guns for the individual Constructicons if I'm remembering right . . .

I also like that the manufacturer went the extra mile with that Ken Masters figure and provided his stage background as a diorama including the mighty barrel.

I'm generally not a Hot Wheels guy, but those Nintendo-themed vehicles are mighty cool.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
My boss who's in her early 40's said she has all her brothers old Star Wars & Gi Joe toys somewhere in her attic. She said I get dibs...

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
That's a mighty impressive haul!

That new Devastator is badass, and I've read that the Japanese version, like you have, is the one to get. In the US, I believe Hasbro cut some of the articulation and didn't include the smaller guns for the individual Constructicons if I'm remembering right . . .

I also like that the manufacturer went the extra mile with that Ken Masters figure and provided his stage background as a diorama including the mighty barrel.

I'm generally not a Hot Wheels guy, but those Nintendo-themed vehicles are mighty cool.

Thanks! Yeah it was tough trying to resist getting the US Devastator when it came out, but I managed to hold out for the Takara version which was supposed to be munched improved. Luckily it was all true and the wait paid off haha

I was pretty impressed with the Ryu version that came out earlier and the preview pics for Ken looked really promising. So far 2 for 2 imho, we'll see when Chun Li comes out :)

Totally, same here with the Hot Wheels/Matchbox. They looked pretty neat, decent price and something you don't see very much... so I went for them lol

@M

20 Year Member
@White Devil: I wouldn't wait if I were you; I'd get over there to have a look at the first opportunity. She could have the U.S.S. Flagg, Yak Face, or Blue Snaggletooth up in that attic! Is she going to sell them to you or is she just giving them for free?

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
In the US, I believe Hasbro cut some of the articulation and didn't include the smaller guns for the individual Constructicons if I'm remembering right . . .

That's backwards. Tomy re-engineered the molds to make it like that. That is why the delay in it being released in Japan.

@M

20 Year Member
I didn't know that. My information came from this review exerpt, over at OAFE:

longhaul.jpg

It's a shame both regions don't just get the same toy.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
@White Devil: I wouldn't wait if I were you; I'd get over there to have a look at the first opportunity. She could have the U.S.S. Flagg, Yak Face, or Blue Snaggletooth up in that attic! Is she going to sell them to you or is she just giving them for free?

If she sells them se said $1 a toy at most.
So we will see...
I may actually end up there helping her get to them. She has hords of shit to look through.

hey stealthlurker, who makes that ken sf figure and where can I find them?

I would like to see what other characters they make and maybe pick a couple up. I think I need to own that, very cool.

Thanks!

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
That's a hell of a haul. Is that a D-Arts Zero?

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I didn't know that. My information came from this review exerpt, over at OAFE:

View attachment 32850

It's a shame both regions don't just get the same toy.

Yeah when the first one was shown for SDCC (same as US but with purple chrome) it was asked why guys like Scrapper didn't have elbows. And the reason stated was because Devastator couldn't stand in combined mode. So it was a big surprise when Unite Warriors Devastator got shown from Japan and Scrapper had elbows. There are huge differences between the 2 versions, not just the paint.

I wonder if the US version got rushed to meet the commitment for the SDCC exclusive.