Aero Fighters 3 U.S. AES Discovered!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chamane

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Last game is headed to France :kekeke:

chamane is the proud owner of the last copy. $30000 lighter.

I'll be meeting waku7 this Friday - these dudes are serious collectors. Dude just grabbed a plane from France today.

All gone.

No more.

Congrats Fred, it took a while, but it's all you.
thanks to my friend Billy Pitt (proto man) , and very special thanks to my "brother" Waku (Math 74 , Guerre Froide) for taking the game in the USA . Congratulation for the first 2 owners of the game ...They were faster than me and I have respect for them .
And thanks to OL'D DIRTY TONK ...:)
Regards,
Fred .

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Fred didn't care if anyone knew he bought the game.

The other 2 owners wish to remain private.

I see "private collector" has struck again.

chimp.gif

After all this stress, I'm taking the family on vacation.

When I get back at the end of April, we will begin working on the next thing.

This is going to be HUGE drama.

and lolz.

End of April?

You guys going on a month long Mediterranean cruise?

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
All I'm just saying is Simone that in the Neo scene stranger shit has happened. The more I read Geddon's posts about this cart the more I'm convinced it's legit. Geddon wouldn't stake his reputation on saying something was legit if it wasn't

Just some thoughts about what is going on with reputable people in the neo world.

Derek,
why you think "reputable" equals expert?
I'm no expert at all myself, just to be clear.
With all due respect, Geddon has never owned a full set of US/euro home carts to my knowledge. Last I have read from him was his theoory about old english neo cd games having only english manuals and no back in english format..that is totally uncorrect.

Again, I respect Geddon and others for being very passionate about the neo but they are no neogeo authorities in my eyes.

Last edited:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
yes, because of some little details that were found when comparing to an authentic snk cart.
A very good friend of mine bought a $2k Chibi quiz in Japan and discovered after months and very in-depth examination that it was a fake and had to sodl it off for $200.

Your friend is dumber than you are if he blew 2k on something and didn't examine it in depth first.

I'm sure you signed off on it, showing your SNK expertise.

IF you were into neo home cart collecting, you would perfectly know all that.

I was for a long time and cashed out.

If you knew anything about counterfeiting, fraud, forensic examination or printing processes, you wouldn't be posting in this thread or admit you haven't the foggiest fucking idea of what you are talking about.

Tacitus

Staff member
yes, because of some little details that were found when comparing to an authentic snk cart.

Hence, NOT PERFECT.

Are you really this stupid or are you just trolling?

chamane

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Derek,
With all due respect, Geddon has never owned a full set of US/euro home carts to my knowledge. Last I have read from him was his theoory about old english neo cd games having only english manuals and no back in english format..that is totally uncorrect.

Again, I respect Geddon and others for being very passiante about the neo but they are no neogeo authorities in my eyes.

So , I should be an expert because I already owned all the cartridges in US and JP format (I have sold my U11 to Adol who sold it to shawn who sold it to Wolf ) , all the CD 's (both US and JP) Ghostlop' s Proto etc ....Let me make my report when I will have enough time ...

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Last game is headed to France :kekeke:

chamane is the proud owner of the last copy. $30000 lighter.

I'll be meeting waku7 this Friday - these dudes are serious collectors. Dude just grabbed a plane from France today.

All gone.

No more.

Congrats Fred, it took a while, but it's all you.

Expect conversions popping up in the next two months.

FTL

Staff member
Here is what a VERY expert collector whose opinion I highly consider has to say about the topic in question:

"The lack of solid proof is a huge worry. I don't know Tonk to be able to trust him.

But the level of detail - do conversions bother producing a barcode sticker? For $30k, I guess people would.

Geddon's reports so far mean nothing to me. Whatever he says about trying to be neutral, it is clear that at some level he believes it is real so his reports are biased, albeit I suspect unintentionally.

But then the issue is what if there really is AF3 US and another copy is found that differs to these.

And I do trust Adol in that he saw a copy many years ago...or at least that he thinks he saw one...BUT that does not mean the ones now are real. Adol's sighting is very common knoledge"

That pretty sums up everything.

SSS

neo retired
FTL is just jelly he didn't find these carts and no one asked him for his input.

suck it up, bro. No one considers you an authority on anything Neo.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Derek,

Again, I respect Geddon and others for being very passionate about the neo but they are no neogeo authorities in my eyes.

Quit trying to sow doubt to get one of the buyers to sell you theirs, it's not gonna fucking work.

FTL

Staff member
FTL is just jelly he didn't find these carts and no one asked him for his input.

suck it up, bro. No one considers you an authority on anything Neo.

I'm glad none asked my opinion. And I wouldn't give my opinion to use it as a guide for a $30k purchase. It is a huge responsibility I don't want to take. Take note of it please.

I'm not a wannabe neo geo authority.

I just posted my views and that's it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm glad none asked my opinion. And I wouldn't give my opinion to use it as a guide for a $30k purchase. It is a huge responsibility I don't want to take. Take note of it please.

I'm not a wannabe neo geo authority.

I just posted my views and that's it.

A simple claim of not believing the cart is real would be sufficient, Simone. But you have stayed in the thread, circumlocuting points you already made to discredit the cart, and in the process you decided to obliquely call Geddon a wannabe neo geo authority, while saying you are not, even though your own price guide valuations have been dubious to the bulk of the members.

Is this really what you want to come off as? You're not a bad guy, in fact, you're a very good person, but you're coming off badly the harder you try to discredit this game.

FTL

Staff member
A simple claim of not believing the cart is real would be sufficient, Simone. But you have stayed in the thread, circumlocuting points you already made to discredit the cart, and in the process you decided to obliquely call Geddon a wannabe neo geo authority, while saying you are not, even though your own price guide valuations have been dubious to the bulk of the members.

Is this really what you want to come off as? You're not a bad guy, in fact, you're a very good person, but you're coming off badly the harder you try to discredit this game.

I was NOT referring to geddon as a wannabe neo geo authority but directly to myself.

My multiple posts here were made just for being true to my mind and back up all my statements.

But anyway, I'm done here Charlie and I will say you are right. I'm fed up of all these flames. They were fun but enough is enough...and now back to work.

SSS

neo retired
I was NOT referring to geddon as a wannabe neo geo authority but directly to myself.

My multiple posts here were made just for being true to my mind and back up all my statements.

But anyway, I'm done here Charlie and I will say you are right. I'm fed up of all these flames. They were fun but enough is enough...and now back to work.

quoted for posterity in case you decide to edit.

and.. bullshit on "true to my mind"

Can we get his title of AES Price Guide Analyst removed?

Or maybe at least put quotes around "Analyst"

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member

Simone, I have no problem with you not thinking I'm an expert or a Neo authority. And I fully admit that my report is simply my observations which result in my opinion. All I can offer at the end of the day is my opinion based upon my observation or beliefs, for some that is enough, for others (like you) it is not and that's fine. I'm not trying to get anyone to buy this game, but I have a belief about it that I am sharing based upon my observations, people will act on it or not of their own choosing.

However, I have NO idea what you're talking about regarding my statement about Neo CDs. I can't recall ever saying anything remotely like what you said above (English manuals but no backs?) I'm sure I have stated that there are certain English titles which have a manual and case but the CD is in Japanese (games like Blue's Journey).

I also don't know that you have to own every English AES game to form opinions about a game like Aero Fighters 3. I did compare the game (in person, with games in hand) to every other English AES release of the period with the exception of Slug 1, Kizuna and Ultimate 11. Is there really a meaningful distinction for you there?

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
However, I have NO idea what you're talking about regarding my statement about Neo CDs. I can't recall ever saying anything remotely like what you said above (English manuals but no backs?) I'm sure I have stated that there are certain English titles which have a manual and case but the CD is in Japanese (games like Blue's Journey).

What FTL said about Geddon_it regarding "his theory about old English Neo cd games" is incorrect. I remember Geddon stated there are English Neo Geo CD release with English manual, English back insert, but comes with a Japanese CD. These titles includes, but not limited to, Blue's Journey, Ninja Commando, Rally Chase, Magician Lord etc.

In fact, before Geddon_it expressed "his theory", he emailed me and asked whether I have pictures of these English Neo Geo CD game. I told him what I know and emailed him some pictures of Blues Journey and Ninja Commando English NGCD. I still have these email in my "Sent folder" and my communication with Geddon_it.

From my recollection, Geddon_it never said "old English Neo CD games have no back".

chamane

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
if I remember well , John was saying that certain us Neo cd games have jap back cover ...He was right .I purchased these fucking games for years .I found the answer in a UK store : Raven games ...
Thank you John for your knowledge . Thank you Michael for your integrity ...No reason for me to have the 3rd part .I am sure that the 3 buyers had more than good reasons to buy the game .I was really sceptic at the beginning but I must now admitt that the game is 100 per 100 legit .Buyers are happy and CONVINCED . THAT'S ALL FOLKS .;)

Adol

The French Connection, ,
You meant i "hunted" those games for years, Fred :) purchase = acheter ;)

chamane

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
That's true Andy but my English is as precise as the price guide ...

FTL

Staff member
What FTL said about Geddon_it regarding "his theory about old English Neo cd games" is incorrect. I remember Geddon stated there are English Neo Geo CD release with English manual, English back insert, but comes with a Japanese CD. These titles includes, but not limited to, Blue's Journey, Ninja Commando, Rally Chase, Magician Lord etc.

In fact, before Geddon_it expressed "his theory", he emailed me and asked whether I have pictures of these English Neo Geo CD game. I told him what I know and emailed him some pictures of Blues Journey and Ninja Commando English NGCD. I still have these email in my "Sent folder" and my communication with Geddon_it.

From my recollection, Geddon_it never said "old English Neo CD games have no back".

Sorry Kit and Geddon. The mistake was more clear regarding english cds, my bad I didn't recall correctly. Anyway:
Here you go.
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...th-SPINECARD&p=3234748&highlight=#post3234748

Ninja commando exists with english cd as well. Same goes for world heroes 2 jet. Magician lord was found with engish cd as well.

Just goes to prove how hard can be to state "truth" in neo geo world.

Tacitus

Staff member
Sorry Kit and Geddon. The mistake was more clear regarding english cds, my bad I didn't recall correctly. Anyway:
Here you go.
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...th-SPINECARD&p=3234748&highlight=#post3234748

Ninja commando exists with english cd as well. Same goes for world heroes 2 jet. Magician lord was found with engish cd as well.

Just goes to prove how hard can be to state "truth" in neo geo world.

I wish you would just wash your mouth out with buckshot already.

Status
Not open for further replies.