Why haven't any of you doll fuckers started a Game of Thrones topic?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The show has made some really weird executive decisions

Making Ser Trant into a pedophile was unnecessary. It was a waste of time. Who are the producers catering to? I would have preferred that they dropped that scene.

It is pretty obvious where they are going with it. It gives Arya the opportunity to assassinate him.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
not just the Eyes Wide Shut people.

Heh, that's what I've been referring to them as well.

I really don't expect a show to be 100% perfect in content, because none of them are in hindsight. In any given episode, I expect some "WTF is that shit" moments concerning content.

What I DO expect is consistency in design unless you give a damn good reason why it changed. In the show, the Unsullied aren't to be fucked with...the mention of Daenerys's army of them often beings fear into the faces of those that hear it (according to the show). They are described as ultimate fighting machines, free form fear or doubt and fighters that ignore pain...

So to me...this was the fact. Unsullied = ultimate fighting army. Never do they give a reason to change this definition in my head...

So, what happens when they are finally put to the test? They drop like flies at the hands of rather unskilled fighters (save a few main characters like grey Worm). Lame, poor writing in my opinion.

Pretty much...the whole "Mother of Dragons" plot-line has been total shit, give or take. Where I want to blame the actress, I am also aware that bad writing can make any actor look bad.

How is Daenerys portrayed in the books? In the show, she seems an unsure, unseasoned fool with a rather quick temper and crybaby attitude. Like a spoiled rotten 17 year old with a ton of $$...not appealing in the slightest.

I'll say it again...if we, the viewers, are supposed to be cheering for her to win it all...the show's creators have failed miserably. I do not find her character interesting in the slightest, I find her to be a snotty cunt and I couldn't give a shit if one of her dragons used her as a toothpick come next week.

Sadly, I really do feel the shows creators are expecting us to want her to come out on top...and by what I've read elsewhere...few do.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I haven't read the books although I started A Song of Ice and Fire recently to kind of compare/contrast what I've already seen, and will probably do the same with the other books.

I agree that the unsullied were initially portrayed as the ultimate army for hire early on. To see them literally get mowed down this season in just about every confrontation seems a bit inconsistent. But like I said, I kinda lack perspective on the book thing.

Good stuff the last two weeks though. As I think more about the series, I almost wish it had a big screen budget and/or more time to tell the multiple story arcs a la LOTR or something.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I really don't expect a show to be 100% perfect in content, because none of them are in hindsight. In any given episode, I expect some "WTF is that shit" moments concerning content.

What I DO expect is consistency in design unless you give a damn good reason why it changed. In the show, the Unsullied aren't to be fucked with...the mention of Daenerys's army of them often beings fear into the faces of those that hear it (according to the show). They are described as ultimate fighting machines, free form fear or doubt and fighters that ignore pain...

So to me...this was the fact. Unsullied = ultimate fighting army. Never do they give a reason to change this definition in my head...

So, what happens when they are finally put to the test? They drop like flies at the hands of rather unskilled fighters (save a few main characters like grey Worm). Lame, poor writing in my opinion.

Pretty much...the whole "Mother of Dragons" plot-line has been total shit, give or take. Where I want to blame the actress, I am also aware that bad writing can make any actor look bad.

How is Daenerys portrayed in the books? In the show, she seems an unsure, unseasoned fool with a rather quick temper and crybaby attitude. Like a spoiled rotten 17 year old with a ton of $$...not appealing in the slightest.

I'll say it again...if we, the viewers, are supposed to be cheering for her to win it all...the show's creators have failed miserably. I do not find her character interesting in the slightest, I find her to be a snotty cunt and I couldn't give a shit if one of her dragons used her as a toothpick come next week.

Sadly, I really do feel the shows creators are expecting us to want her to come out on top...and by what I've read elsewhere...few do.

I don't like Denaerys either, books or otherwise. But in the books you see into her head and understand her thinking. I don't think the actress who plays Denaerys is particularly good. But she was hot. Barring further sex scenes I would enjoy seeing her get killed off, but like you observed, the directors have other plans.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It is pretty obvious where they are going with it. It gives Arya the opportunity to assassinate him.

She didn't need it. I think the directors felt that they needed to justify her murder. Apparently, they are feeling the need to answer for themselves a lot these days.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Banshee... this is not...

...I can't get attached to any of them... I hope they all die in a nuclear holocaust or something...

xROTx

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
She didn't need it. I think the directors felt that they needed to justify her murder. Apparently, they are feeling the need to answer for themselves a lot these days.

I think it is just an element of storytelling.

She trails the target, finds the weakness and uses it to her advantage.

Besides, they have already vilified him enough.

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I don't like Denaerys either, books or otherwise. But in the books you see into her head and understand her thinking. I don't think the actress who plays Denaerys is particularly good. But she was hot. Barring further sex scenes I would enjoy seeing her get killed off, but like you observed, the directors have other plans.

The way this character has been built up each season. Has shown how young, in desperate need of counsel, and scared she is. The whole scene in the fighting pits with her just lacked any emotion and fear at all. The girl was severely outnumbered and her death was imminent to the point of basically praying/calling for help. The direction, writing, and execution showed none of that.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think it is just an element of storytelling.

She trails the target, finds the weakness and uses it to her advantage.

Besides, they have already vilified him enough.

Ok, how then? How is she going to kill him such that the story helps foreshadow it?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Ok, how then? How is she going to kill him such that the story helps foreshadow it?

he likes young girls.
She is a young girl.
He expects the matron to provide him with a different young girl every day.

That is how she can gain access.

Last edited:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member

-take the face of a different girl (totally going to be the face of the ill girl the dad brought in),
-assume identity of an underage trick
-go into a private room with her mark, clean his clock
-leave the brothel with a different face

Looks like that's what they were telegraphing with that scene anyway.

EDIT: Oh, Norton.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
gift of the many faced god potion on her body parts.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
he likes young girls.
She is a young girl.
He expects the matron to provide him with a different young girl every day.

That is how she can gain access.

I don't think that the murder will play out that way. Here's why: Arya, despite her training at washing corpses, has been completely lacking in feminine qualities beyond having tits. For her to gain access without knowing how to use the faces and then continue her training would be really difficult.

Sure, she will kill Ser Trant. But if it's as a prostitot then the directors have given up on the characters they are supposed to portray.

Of course it's all possible as Tyrion killed a few masked vigilantes and saved Denaerys's consort. I mean, at this point who knows what will happen.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
From the doe-in-headlights look of the other girl (who was a helper girl or something), you don't have to know much about being a prostitot to get close to Ser Trant.

Could also be a giant swerve.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Not enough milk of the poppy this season.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
The season Finale better be the most insane episode ever.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I miss Prince Oberyn.

I'm still hoping Season 4 Episode 8 was all just a big misunderstanding. :crying:

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
The season Finale better be the most insane episode ever.

Word is that it's supposed to be an insane finale.

It's looking like the characters will more or less be where they were at the end of the fifth book. that's how it's setting up.

So it's likely that next season will be the first season with completely new material that doesn't rely on any of the published novels. I'm sure Martin has shared his thoughts with the show runners so they have a good idea, but it's doubtful he'll have the book published in time for them to start shooting the next season.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
The WWE has taken over writing duties, Brienne and Ramsay are being booked like Cena.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Well...that wraps up some plot lines I guess...

Spoiler:
wait....did I just see theon and saunsa jump to their death?!? And my god...the queens wrath next season...holy shit...

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
It was a pretty terrible finale with awful pacing and more evidence that this show wastes too much time on pointless shit. Other than the 20 minutes at the end of Episode 8, this season was a big letdown.

I'm probably done with it, to be honest. I'm not really digging the deviations from the books and it's been a big letdown to me this year for the most part.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
It was a pretty terrible finale with awful pacing and more evidence that this show wastes too much time on pointless shit. Other than the 20 minutes at the end of Episode 8, this season was a big letdown.

I'm probably done with it, to be honest. I'm not really digging the deviations from the books and it's been a big letdown to me this year for the most part.

What the fuck...there was so much Denarys to fast forward through, and did that shit at the end of the episode actually happen in the books?

Holy fuck did this shit suck.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
What the fuck...there was so much Denarys to fast forward through, and did that shit at the end of the episode actually happen in the books?

It wasn't very good...and it wasn't "shocking" either. I will say that Ramsay's girlfriend and her journey was very satisfying...

The rest? Meh. pretty much what I expected. Sadly GoT has gone from "holy hell...a new episode!!!" to "well...pretty bored, might as well watch something...oh look, a new GoT..."

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
I take it Sansa and Theon eventually meet up with Bran & Co in the next season right?

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member

Yeah, it happened in the book. But the setup was completely different, a bit more elaborate and some other plot threads were integrated into the entire scenario. So much was left out that it's not even the same story anymore and based on the TV show forcing the shock value principle at the expense of everything else (at this point), it wouldn't surprise me if it really was the end for that character despite the entire bulk of the narrative in that part of the world revolving around him.

Last night's season finale was just another example of how badly the show has bungled it with the pacing and character exposition. The whole thing is a shadow of its early glory now.