What anime are you watching?

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
Cyber City: The Final Collection, Galaxy Express 999 and Adieu Galaxy Express 999 I got on DVD in the mail last week which I watched because it has been a loooong time since I seen them. To bad that Cyber City Oedo 808 OVA only had 3 episodes because it was a cool cyber-punk anime and it has the same animation as Demon City Shinjuku, Ninja Scroll and Wicked City. :cool:

Last edited:

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
SPINMASTER X said:
Riding Bean and Gunsmith Cats. The car chase scenes are just too sick. I love the amount of detail in the cars. That doesn't exist anymore cuz they just use computers and half of the frames of animation and everything looks so stiff because of it.

Awesome choice man, the series, both of them, are fantastic. Where did you get those? I used to own Gunsmith Cats on VHS way back when and as a stupid kid, threw them out as they were just VHS, now I can't find them around. -_-

Doctor Shroom said:
Finished Darker than Black a few days ago...the fuck is up with that gainax ending? Thats the third series I've seen this year which has a shitty ending like that.

Woah, thanks for the warning there bro, don't need another series that bombs at the last moment... still pissed at how Gantz ended (I know, read the manga, blah blah blah...)

ObeyMyEgo said:
Just watched Highschool of the dead.

Kinda sucked. To much bounce and tits. Sorry anime tits dont do it for me.

Even if you like anime tits, that series is a disappointment. They covered so little during the show between the shot episodes, the constant recaps, I mean hell, episode 4 is 95% all recap... a recap of THREE EPISODES?!? That is just fucking lazy.

It's quite honestly a rental quality title, I'd recommend watching it once, it's a pretty fun show, but they could have done better and more in one season than they did.

Been busy with anime myself, cleared through a bunch of series...

My-Hime & My-Otome - Both were fun series with a solid mixture of character development, drama, humor, plot, etc. Watching one right after the other is fun too, because of how they take the characters from My Hime and make them new people in My Otome but essentially the same models in the new series.

Stellvia - Actually got into this because the art for this series was done by Makoto Uno who did the art for Witchblade, but this is actually turning out to be a really great space drama. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Chobits - 4 episodes in and I already can't wait to see how it finishes. I can see why so many people like it, it's got this really cute charm to it. The main guy seems like a bit of a hopeless loser, but in a fun way and Chi is funny. Reminds me of Nyu from Elfen Lied, except without the rampant killing.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
(can't quote right now)

Apart from the ending DtB is a really good show but it feels like they didn't know how to properly end it so they did some retarded EVA-kinda shit. The other two series I've seen this year are The Big-O and Madoka and the Big-O had it even worse, there's no explanation what really happend but otherwise it's a really great show but I hate it when awesome stuff ends with some half-assed dumb ending. Madoka wasn't quite a bad but still rather unsatisfying. Cowboy Bebop did it right back then.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Riding Bean and Gunsmith Cats. The car chase scenes are just too sick. I love the amount of detail in the cars. That doesn't exist anymore cuz they just use computers and half of the frames of animation and everything looks so stiff because of it.

You don't see this shit nowadays:

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
Merc would love Cyber City Oedo 808 which I ordered from Amazon for $2.99 and this 3-part anime is awesome! This anime needed more episodes. :)

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Eden of the East- It's alright, not as good as I thought it would be but enough to keep me watching even with dub being the only option on Netflix.

The whole "johnny" thing is getting to me though, even with all the out there stuff that has happened so far anytime any one says that it just sound stupid.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
I've been watching Durarara since it came on Adult Swim a few months back and I gotta say this show is so good in so many ways! My goodness, it's freaky!
Been watching it too and liking what I see.
Durarara!! is great, and yes, very weird. It requires some patience but I think the payoff is great.
Quoted for truth.
I got flcl in the mail. Yay.
Short series but one I never tire of watching.
Chobits - 4 episodes in and I already can't wait to see how it finishes. I can see why so many people like it, it's got this really cute charm to it. The main guy seems like a bit of a hopeless loser, but in a fun way and Chi is funny. Reminds me of Nyu from Elfen Lied, except without the rampant killing.
I enjoyed Chobits but then I'm a big CLAMP fan ;)
Its old but am watching Paranoia Agent. I've seen it like a dozen times already.
Another good series. I had the DVD set however I can't seem to find it anywhere :(

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
I'm also watching Durarara via AS, along with Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. Durarara is alright so far and FMA is pretty good.

My attention span isn't long enough to watch/download anime when on the computer, so I'll only watch something if it's on TV. As a result, there's a lot of stuff I haven't seen, and can't be bothered to.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Is the ova worth it ? I'm just asking since there are boots of it heck it doesn't even,have a official release still :scratch:

It's "okay" but I'd have paid for it on GDVD alright. Luckily, Milkman X and I did a VOTOMS exchange
between one another (since I suck at getting torrents to work for me). I made him copies of the out
of print VOTOMS soundtracks... I got DVDs with most of the OVAS subbed for once.

So far I still think the best of the OVAs is "Roots of Treachery" and "Battle of Heterogeneous Species"

Finished Heretic Saint/Shining Heresy yesterday night, was good to finally know what the hell was being
said, as I only ever owned the VHS copies Tim Eldred dubbed for me off his personal tapes back in Aug '99
that were in raw Japanese.

Palisen Files (currently on Episode 6) could be better IMO, but it's far from horrid. I'm biased though as I
don't particularly care for the C.G. in lieu of traditional cel animation for the ATs, and Heretic Saint was the
last series (of course it's from 1994) to be ALL animated.

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
+1 for Gunsmith Cats and Riding Bean. In my youth, I picked up Gunsmith Cats on VHS on a whim at Tomorrow Is Yesterday in Rockford back when it was the only place in town to get anime outside of Media Play and Suncoast. I loved every minute of it and almost wore out the VHS (and wish I hadn't given it to my sister later...). Last year, I grabbed Riding Bean after learning of its connection the GSC and it was like an absolute nostalgia trip for something I had never seen before.

I'm currently getting ready to go through Zeta Gundam again and probably either start Baccano or Detroit Metal City. I saw the live action version of DMC when someone streamed it online and fell in love with it.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Just finished watching Tokyo Godfathers. Good fun movie. Satoshi Kon, R.I.P, had always been quite tight with his storytelling and direction. Definitely recommend.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
Just started watching these two:

X-Men - The anime take is... okay. Cyclops, Beast, and Prof. X are done very well. Wolverine comes off as way too trusting and Storm... UGH. Way to miss the mark with her character, Japan. Adding Armor to the roster is a weird choice, but the effects with her are pretty cool.

Oh, and random Emma Frost.

Tiger and Bunny - A lot of my friends are going apeshit over this one. I'm on the 5th ep and it's fun, but not OMG AWESOME! It's entertaining enough to keep my interests. I do like how the cast's costumes have corporate logos on them. Very Mystery Men.

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
Been watching The Boondocks, almost done with the third season. It's enjoyable, but the whole racism thing is pretty monotonous.

I feel like I'm missing a lot of stabs at American media that I've never heard of, probably because it's stuff that needs to be stabbed at. I'll finish the third season but I'm not holding my breath for another.

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
I hate to sound like old man river, but I just can't get into modern anime too much. Perhaps I just haven't been turned onto the good shit but aesthetically speaking it just doesn't do much for me. The art style, character types... everything. With that said, I havent actually even watched any anime in probably 10 years but I have been going back and downloading some of the stuff I grew up with the past couple of weeks. Currently watching Shin Getter Robo and have recently re-watched The Dagger of Kamui (one of my all time favorites), Midnight Eye Goku, Yotoden, Curse of the undead Yoma and Giant Robo. Would really like to watch Dangaioh (sp?) again but have not yet been able to find it. I did however watch recently Sword of the Stranger or whatever it is and that was pretty amazing. Though not being what I would consider old school anime, it was excellent animation.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Just finished watching Tekkonkinkreet. I have kind of mixed feelings about it. The first 3/4 of the movie was good with a thesis on organic development vs. artificial development, and the protagonists Black and White also symbolized a similar struggle. The last 1/4 seemed shoehorned in with the cliche of an internal struggle. Would recommend it, but it ended on a rather hasty, unsatisfying conclusion.

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
Im watching Anime on VHS and Im still looking for more anime on vhs especially from us manga corps.
On TV I watch Bleach and Durarara on adult swim but any who Im watching anime on vhs Like
Votoms, Slayers, anyone who wants to rid of their vhs anime LMK.

Ami Tajiri

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I'm watching Samurai Champloo since they added it to Netflix Instant a while ago. Love that series.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
In between Durarara, i'm also watching Panty & Stocking. Every now and then, you just want to watch something so out there and this series is just that. Gainax made it so that alone should tell you how crazy it is by the NAME ALONE! There are VARIOUS shout outs to movies, tv shows, video games, and music in this show, it's crazy!

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
My last purchase was Arrietty (BR), the price was a little steep, but I know the UK (and US) will have a soften filter in it, so the JPN version is best.

The packaging is something else, oh and the film itself isn't bad, it's not 100%, but it's pleasant enough.

photo-147.jpg

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
My last purchase was Arrietty (BR), the price was a little steep, but I know the UK (and US) will have a soften filter in it, so the JPN version is best.

There's no reason to assume that. The US and UK Eva rebuild Blu-rays were exactly as good as the JP releases.