offical wwe thread

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I'd like to check out Lucha Underground especially since they have Ricochet and John Morrison, plus del Rio coming in next year, but no el Ray network for me or anyone that carries it. Have watched single matches and highlights on PWInsider and was very impressed.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I need to see if I get one of the networks that carries Lucha Underground. I would sometimes see some AAA stuff when we used to have Dish Network but for some odd reason I didn't care much for it.

It figures I was out in Las Vegas on a good night for Monday Night Raw. I only saw some parts of the beginning when it finally aired at 8 PST but since I was on New York time I couldn't stay awake for most of it. I'd like to see The Ascension as part The Authority team, like HHH could have them as hired guns to take out some of Team Cena beforehand, but it looks like their going to make them feud with Balor and Hideo in NXT so I don't see them coming up to the main roster until after the next NXT big PPV. I'm not sure how much in advance NXT is taped but I wish they'd air it live. I never miss a show now. I much rather see the young, hungry, up incoming talent then watching everybody go through the motions on Monday night. It was the same thing when I went to a local wrestling school on Thursday nights instead of watching Smackdown. Everybody there was doing their best to get noticed and they all put out their A game. I'd much rather see somebody trying to prove themselves then having the same weekly matches they only do again on the PPV's.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I haven't watched Raw or Smackdown in a while but thursday night I haven't missed NXT

I'm liking the second episode of Lucha Underground more then the first, really wasn't feeling the first episode

Last edited:

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
NXT is pretty much the show to check out for the best wrestling. Rumors keep saying that the former Kevin Steen will debut at the next live Takeover event

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
If the rumors of a series of vignettes being shown of him leading up to that NXT special are true then it's really good times ahead

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Danielson got interviewed on SI.com, said he doesn't have any pain but can't get strength back in his arm. Sounds like it's pretty iffy as to whether or not he'll be able to go for WM 31, which would be a bummer, for sure.

All the more reason to get Sami Zayn called up, I think. Granted, I hope it doesn't come off like he's just the D-Bry replacement, but if Danielson really can't go by the Rumble or so, jeez, get Zayn in there. Actually, they tend to like to put new guys in there, maybe that would be a good time to get him up. Have him put in one of those marathon kind of Rumble showings, get some good spots in.

Just can't help but feel like Danielson could be done. Weird health issues don't bode well. Sure hope not, but I'm not optimistic.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Holy shit, that's how you book a relatively boring SS match around like 3 guys that are interesting.

The Ryback push/storyline alone was enough to get me back interested in the match, and just as the show was ending I was thinking to myself, well, Ziggler will have to get hurt and get replaced by Orton somehow and then MOTHERFUCKING LUKE HARPER kills his ass and looks like he's getting a megaheel push.

Fuck yes, this is going to be an awesome show with a total of two matches and a bunch of crap.

Oh, and I fully expect that Team Cena wins, but that Sheamus will FINALLY turn heel at the end, somehow. Ryback as a face and Orton as a face practically begs that someone besides Harper step up to be a really strong heel. Rollins is carrying the ball really well (and I fully expect that he'll come out of WM with the title, since I have zero faith in Reigns' health), but Sheamus is in desperate need of a refresh, and a bad-ass heel would suit him well, character-wise. He's already established as near-unbeatable, so turn him after the match, have him crush a few mid-top-of-the-card faces, and he's in good shape to wrestle either Daniel Bryan at WM (if available) or go against, say, Dean Ambrose or what have you (if Ambrose isn't main eventing. Crazy to say that, yeah, I know, but given the status of Reigns' health, I think it's entirely likely at this point that the main event is some combination of Lesnar/Ambrose/Rollins, with Rollins cashing in if he's not in the match proper).

edit: holy shit that show even made me care what KANE was doing. Great booking for the first time in a long time. Nice to see that again.

edit edit: with CM Punk long gone, Luke Harper is my man. Hell yes. Finally, oh hell, hell yes.

Also, if they changed their minds and decided to actually introduce Sami Zayn via The Bunny thing, that'll be... interesting. Looks like more and more possible, given all the work with Tyson Kidd, but damn, that would be really fucking weird. I really do like the slow heel turn for Adam Rose, though. Dude was originally supposed to get saddled with the Santino comedy relief deal, this is a solid way to go compared to that- that's where I could see it actually being Zayn under the bunny mask, he was Rose's friend from NXT, wanted to follow his friend and stay buddies, try to help him out, Rose repaid him by turning on him.

And Mini Miz and Mizdow?! Damn, best show in a long time. The Mizdow booking has been freaking brilliant- it's hard to believe WWE writers came up with that, and the reaction to the crowd reactions is, like, shit, I dunno, way too smart for them. It's pretty much perfect, makes me afraid to think they'll keep it up.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Aaron Idol Stevens/Damien Sandow has eaten a lot of shit sandwiches over the past 10 years. Fired from developmental twice. Given shitty gimmicks. Lost briefcase and turned into a comedy jobber. Turned it all into a positive.

I did like Kane putting over Ryback with the choke slam reversal. Big thing to do.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I'm digging the Ryback push. The guy undeniably has an 'it' factor and as a monster babyface, he's a shit ton more compelling than Roman Reigns to me.

WWE is really doing a lot of great stuff right now.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
I'm digging the Ryback push. The guy undeniably has an 'it' factor and as a monster babyface, he's a shit ton more compelling than Roman Reigns to me.

WWE is really doing a lot of great stuff right now.

Especially when other key members of the WWE are out or are doubtful in returning soon. Ryback's return will pay off for him in the long run IMO.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
It was a couple months ago that Ryback was already talking about "I'm going to do the feed me more thing again sometime soon" so it's pretty interesting to see him getting the promised push now- seems like a clear case of a guy who kept his head down and did a lot of jobs when he was told to, asked to be a team player, has steroids in his past, but after proving that he's willing to play ball and do what he's told, he's right back in the main event when the time is right (aka he's the kind of guy Vince likes).

I'm not into the "The Big Guy" thing, though. Just call him Ryback, already.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Despite his cold-lifeless rollout, Ryback has lots of charisma (check his twitter). The wwe cameras caught all of his heat generating charisma while part of rybaxel. I saw him at house shows and he was awesome. But that wwe camerawork of only doing close ups missed the mark.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Despite his cold-lifeless rollout, Ryback has lots of charisma (check his twitter). The wwe cameras caught all of his heat generating charisma while part of rybaxel. I saw him at house shows and he was awesome. But that wwe camerawork of only doing close ups missed the mark.
Yeah, I know- I liked his "am I breaking kayfabe or not am I a nutjob or not?!" half-gimmick for a little while there, the one where he actually pantomimed typing on a keyboard when he came out to the ring while he was still jobbing all the time.

Dude does indeed have plenty of charisma. He has a great look, and he's convincing in the ring. Really kind of crazy if the bookers/writers manage to screw it up with him again. I would be pretty surprised if he doesn't stick at the top of the card this time around.

One other thing that stuck out to me from Raw- Nikki Bella has improved a lot. She's gotten so she's solid in the ring, and she's a decidedly better actress than Brie is. She's actually a pretty good heel. I assume the plan is for Brie to cost her the title at SS (then what, back to Paige and AJ again? Finally Charlotte hopefully for something different?), have to admit I didn't think I'd be seeing Nikki as the far stronger half of this program going in.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If I were booking it, I'd have the Nikki/Brie thing run it's course at the end of the month thing. Have Nicki disown Brie. Send Nicki down to NXT for a series of tapings (they usually run 4 at at a time), where she is looking for a new sister/protege/partner.

Finally, Bayle takes the plunge and becomes Nicki's new sister/protege/partner/intern/enforcer/punchingbag/go-for. Do the whole Heel-Veteran/Babyface-protege thing (think Daniel Brian and AJ Lee) where you use the relationship to build heat for the boss, and sympathy and support for the underling.

And finally, you get it to where the underling has had enough, and turns on the veteran.... Leading to a classic blow-off.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
So is Luke Harper officially on Team Authority yet? Is Hornswoggle on Team Cena (I'm sitting in class right now)?

edit an hour later reading the recap: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH.

This booking is insane. Put El Torito on the team and it makes more sense than Erick Rowan. Um, yeah. I had forgotten that Orton is shooting a movie and can be booked back as a strong tweener or a face when he comes back, but holy balls, that's just fuckin' weird. Why isn't Renee's hair on Team Authority, I thought he was feuding with that.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
At least I have no idea what in the fuck is going to happen in the main event of a PPV. Usually, you have a good idea whether it be one or two (or even three) possible scenarios.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
WWE RAW Results: 11-17-14

Hey...it's been awhile so let's try this for old time's sake. Results courtesy of PWTorch.com (direct link to Caldwell's complete result). Mostly in-ring stuff plus the final segment that sets up the this Sunday's Survivor Series not-so-pay-per-view.

1 -- IC champion DOLPH ZIGGLER vs. LUKE HARPER -- non-title match

Mr. MITB Seth Rollins was ringside on commentary. Suddenly, Lilian Garcia announced this as an Intercontinental Title match, per information she received during the break.

1b -- IC champion DOLPH ZIGGLER vs. LUKE HARPER -- Intercontinental Title match

After Lilian announced the title match and before the bell sounded, Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble hit the ring to attack Ziggler. Rollins KO'ed Ziggler with the MITB briefcase, then the ref checked on Ziggler to see if he could compete. Ziggler struggled to get to his feet, then told the ref to call for the bell. The ref hesitated as he approached the timekeeper, then checked on Ziggler again. Ziggler demanded the bell and the ref reluctantly called for it.

Harper immediately hit a big boot on Ziggler, but Ziggler kicked out. Harper hit a powerbomb, but Ziggler kicked out again. On commentary, Rollins was stunned by Harper not winning after those two moves. Ziggler then low-bridged Harper, sending him crashing to the floor heading to a mid-match break.

Back from break, Harper punished Ziggler, who continued selling the effects of the pre-match attack. Harper gator-rolled Ziggler, then put him in a chinlock. Harper tried to follow with a corner attack, but Ziggler avoided and hit the Fameasser for a two count. Harper came back with a powerbomb attempt, Ziggler slipped out, and Harper responded with a big discus clothesline. Harper covered Ziggler and it was good for the win when everyone seemed to be expecting a kick out.

Post-match, Rollins tried to end Ziggler with a Curb Stomp before celebrating with Harper. After Rollins left, Harper hung around in the ring to pose with the IC Title belt over a fallen Ziggler.

WINNER: Harper at 8:28 to capture the IC Title. Harper's big singles run has officially begun ... except that he's holding the albatross that is the IC Title.

2 -- ADAM ROSE vs. TYSON KIDD (w/Natalya)

Kidd completed his ring entrance back from break. Before the bell sounded, WWE replayed Kidd submitting Rose last week on Raw. Once the bell sounded, Rose demanded The Bunny stand ringside. Meanwhile, Cole and JBL brought up the deal from Smackdown commentary acknowledging The Bunny as a man inside a costume. Lawler then noted he would like to see some puppies on Raw next week. (Because of the cat and the bunny... yeah.)

Rose's entourage tried to distract Kidd by humming Rose's theme song, then The Bunny hopped over toward Natalya. Rose stopped wrestling to reprimand The Bunny. Rose then turned around to take the Sharpshooter from Kidd. Rose called for help from The Bunny, but the mascoted individual was too focused on dancing for Natalya.

Post-match, The Bunny entered the ring and tried to act sorry for Rose's loss. Rose went for an attack, but The Bunny ducked and out-wrestled Rose before dry-humping him from behind and leaving the ring. The Bunny did a dance move on the stage, now looking to show up Rose instead of being subservient.

WINNER: Rose at 1:53.

3 -- RYBACK vs. CESARO

Cesaro was already in the ring back from break. Ryback controlled early on before Cesaro responded with a t-bone suplex. WWE then cut backstage to show John Cena for the first time on Raw. Cena was watching the match on a monitor. Back in the ring, Cesaro double-stomped Ryback in the gut for a two count, then settled into a headlock. Cesaro followed with a big powerslam, then he clotheslined Ryback over the top rope to the floor. They're making Ryback look weak so early in his return.

Back from break, Cesaro was still in control, now in the ring. Cesaro uppercut Ryback, then clotheslined him to the mat. WWE cut to another shot of John Cena watching the match on a backstage monitor. Back to the match, where Cesaro missed with a top-rope move. Ryback then made a comeback before delivering a powerbomb out of the corner. But, Cesaro came back with a big German suplex. Cesaro tried another, but Ryback elbowed out. Another German from Cesaro, then a second. And a third for a two count. Cesaro then came off the top with a big elbow drop to the chest, looking like a babyface executing a cool-looking move. Ryback kicked out, though.

Cesaro tried to follow up, but Ryback tossed Cesaro into the air for a big powerslam. Ryback then got the crowd involved teasing the Meathook Clothesline, but Cesaro blocked and hit an uppercut for a two count. Cesaro then teased The Neutralizer, but Ryback blocked. Meathook clothesline, then Ryback hit Shell-Shock to a light reaction. Ryback covered Cesaro for the win.

WINNER: Ryback at 14:12. On paper, this sounds like a pretty big match, but WWE gave the audience no time to anticipate or appreciate the match-up. That, plus the surprising length of the match, contributed to the quiet response throughout. And Ryback was curiously booked to highlight his weaknesses before eventually getting in his signature offense for the win. Cesaro got the spotlight, though. This was just odd if WWE is still in the Ryback Business.

4 -- U.S. champion RUSEV (w/Lana) vs. HEATH SLATER -- non-title match

Rusev waited for the bell, then superkicked Slater in the mouth. Rusev smirked, then slapped on The Accolade for a quick submission win.

WINNER: Rusev via submission at 0:31.

5 -- BIG SHOW vs. SHEAMUS

WWE's counter-programming for Halftime of the NFL game started with Show and Sheamus slapping hands to show respect. Respect quickly went on the window when tempers flared between the teammates. Show knocked Sheamus out of the ring heading to break.

Back from break, Sheamus and Big Show continued battling. Sheamus wanted a bodyslam, but Big Show easily blocked and scoopslammed Sheamus. Show dropped an elbow to Sheamus's chest for a two count, then slapped on his modified Indian Deathlock submission. Sheamus grabbed the bottom rope, though.

Sheamus rallied with forearms to the face, then a knee to the gut and a kneelift. Sheamus wanted a top-rope move, but Show intercepted with a mid-air spear. It was only good for a two count. Show wanted a chokeslam, but Sheamus slipped out and hit White Noise for a two count. Sheamus followed up with an electric chair out of the corner.

As both men remained on the mat, Rusev and Mark Henry marched down to the ring to join the fight. Rusev booted Sheamus in the gut, causing the bell sound. Henry then tore up the announce table before putting Sheamus through the table with World's Strongest Slam. Meanwhile, Rusev put Show in The Accolade back in the ring. Show faded out as Rusev kept the hold locked on. The crowd sat quietly processing the events, then picked up a "Cena, Cena" chant. No sign of the team captain, who was apparently not watching this match on a backstage monitor. Show and Sheamus were shown KO'ed as Cole stacked the deck against Team Cena at Survivor Series when Cena is the only man standing.

WINNER: No Contest at 11:14. Clumsy set-up for the match, which was apparently supposed to be Show and Sheamus being convinced to fight each other for the dangling carrot of a title shot, but that was not stressed during the match, nor did it resonate with the audience. The booking just sucks the life out of these characters.

6 -- NIKKI BELLA vs. BRIE "A.J. LEE" BELLA -- Exhibition match

Before the bell sounded, Lilian Garcia announced this as an "exhibition match." The crowd sat quietly not moved by the announcement. A.J. Lee's music played again for the real Divas champion to join the announcers for commentary. "C-M Punk" chant once the bell sounded. Nikki quickly controlled her sister dressed as her PPV opponent, and Brie went along with playing a tackling dummy as part of her 30 days of service punishment. But, A.J. stood up ringside and distracted Nikki, allowing Brie to surprise Nikki for the win.

Post-match, Nikki tried to beat up her sister, but A.J. jumped into the ring and knocked down Nikki. A.J. and Brie celebrated in the ring, but A.J. wanted the spotlight for herself, so she dropped Brie and posed with the Divas Title belt.

WINNER: Brie/Fake A.J. at 2:05. If the booking holds up with A.J. standing tall here, then Nikki wins on Sunday.

7 -- THE USOS (JIMMY & JEY USO) & LOS MATADORES (DIEGO & FERNANDO w/El Torito) vs. WWE tag champs RHODES BROS. (GOLDUST & "STARDUST" CODY RHODES) & THE MIZ & DAMIEN SANDOW -- eight-man tag match

As the bell sounded, Cole noted the Rhodes Bros. got into with former German goalkeeper Tim Wiese on the European Tour over the weekend. Los Matadores took control, did their pose, and Sandow suddenly entered the ring, took a bump on air, and rolled out of the ring to sell the effects of punishment taken by Miz. Bodies flew to the outside and the faces stood tall heading to break.

Back from break, Goldust posted un Matador. On commentary, Cole relayed "breaking news" that they will have an update on Team Cena after the match. Meanwhile, the crowd came to life chanting for Damien Sandow to enter the match. Instead, Miz worked on un Matador. Goldust tagged in, then teased tagging in Sandow, but Cody stole the tag. Sandow eventually took the tag, but Miz tagged himself in. Sandow took his medicine and returned to the ring apron.

Hot tag to un Uso at 10:30. Bodies flew out of the ring, then Cody found himself alone in the ring with the legal Uso. Cody managed to hit Dark Matter, and it was good for the pin and the win. Cody and Goldust stood tall in the ring, then Miz and Sandow mean-mugged since they're on their own in the Tag Title match on Sunday.

WINNERS: Rhodes Bros. & Miz & Sandow at 11:35.

Arena: Triple H's music played to bring out Triple H, Stephanie, and all of Team Authority on the stage. Earlier Tonight: Dolph Ziggler lost the IC Title and was taken out by The Authority. Then, Mark Henry and Rusev took out Sheamus and Big Show.

Back live, The Authority was in the ring standing on one side of a contract table. Hunter talked about history being made on Sunday. He said The Authority will stand tall. He lost his words and acted like something was wrong. He almost seemed to be doing a health scare angle. Hunter then collected himself and talked about how important WWE is to the McMahon Family. He said "this" is the air they breathe. Hunter looked into Steph's eyes to tell her that they will not lose. Steph agreed.

Hunter addressed his troops, saying they will not lose. "We cannot lose," Hunter said. He shouted toward the back that this is the last chance for every member of Team Cena to back out. He said if they don't back out now, they will wish that they had. Steph said sometimes it takes more courage to back down from a fight than to start one. She said her father challenged them to become better leaders, and they assembled a monstrous team for Survivor Series.

Steph then introduced what's left of Team Cena. Out came John Cena selling concern having no one to stand with him. Cena then smiled and stomped down to the ring, not afraid of the deck being stacked against him. Cena stood on one side of the table as Hunter noted he can't see the rest of Cena's team. Cena said Hunter has jokes, but the jokes stop on Sunday.

Cena said everyone will be watching on Sunday when they see Hunter's team lose. And then they will be out of power. Stephanie sarcastically asked what team will beat them when Sheamus has already been taken to the hospital. Steph said Cena is the only one who will throw his career away facing them. Cena shouted back at Steph that she won't be yelling at anyone after Sunday.

Cena said Team Authority thinks they have it all figured out. But, they come out here every week putting these people to sleep, then do what's best for themselves, not what's best for business. Cena said he'll even pick four people out of the crowd for Sunday. "Is there anyone here who wants to kick the crap out of The Authority?" Cena asked. Cena then left the ring to get some audience participation to wake up the crowd. Cena high-fived some fans in the crowd, then said all of his team members have passion for WWE, while their team is a bunch of suck-ups and sell-outs.

Cena said he's even going to give people a preview of Sunday. He said the King and Queen will saunter down to the ring with noses up. They will take their ringside seats watching as the man in the yellow shirt is destroyed. But, one by one, they will fall. Kane will be the first to go. Why? He's a butt-kissing, bootleg Jim Carrey. And then Luke Harper will fail. And then Rusev. He said that's when things get serious. Cena said Hunter will get hungry after Steph throws up from nervousness, so he has no problem feeding him Sexual Chocolate (Mark Henry).

And that leaves just one, Seth Rollins. Cena said he's the bleach-blonde brunette with a fetish for latex. And when he gets his attitude adjusted, Hunter and Steph will have to watch the ref count one, two, three. Cena said Hunter's life will flash before his eyes seeing all of the lives and careers ruined before he's relegated to scrubbing toilets. Steph slapped Cena, so Cena cleared the announce table. Cena told her to get out of the ring because it's go time.

Cena and Hunter squared off, then Dolph Ziggler's music played to bring out Ziggler to join Cena. Ziggler was holding his neck to sell pain. After a pause, Big Show's music played. Out came Show shaking off The Accolade to stand with Cena and Ziggler.

Hunter counted how many team members he has, then Erick Rowan's music played. Out came Rowan down to the ring, shooting Luke Harper's eyes out of his head. Rowan stomped down to the ring and pointed at Harper as Hunter sold concern. Steph said that's a big surprise, okay, but it's still only four. Steph told Cena he's still one man short and facing career suicide on Sunday.

Steph gave all of them one more chance to reconsider. Suddenly, Cesaro's music played. Cesaro jogged down to the ring and stood opposite The Authority. Then, he faked out Cena and stood with The Authority. Steph said the look on Cena's face was awesome. Steph cackled and asked if there are any more surprises. Suddenly, Ryback's music played.

Ryback marched down to the ring looking for a seat at the big table. The fight was on and Cena teased an AA on Cena, but Hunter blasted Cena. Hunter wanted a Pedigree on Cena, but Ryback hit the ring to stare down Hunter. Cena then stood up in the background, whipped Hunter around, and sent Hunter through the table with an AA. Steph freaked out as Rowan, Show, Ryback, Cena, and Ziggler stood tall in the ring. Steph then slipped into the ring to check on her husband. JBL called this career suicide for Team Cena. Meanwhile, Hunter talked to Steph under his breath. Cena acted stunned that he finally formed a team, let it sink in, and did another curtain call as Cole did big hype claiming that WWE changes on Sunday. Raw signed off 13 minutes past the top of the hour.

THE NEWS: It's Cena, Ryback, Rowan, Show, and Ziggler against Rollins, Kane, Henry, Rusev, and Harper in the PPV main event.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
So anyways, will damien sandow be able to transcend the character changes necessary when he finally turns on the miz? I mean, he can't do the stunt double schtick solo.

I think so.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
At least I have no idea what in the fuck is going to happen in the main event of a PPV. Usually, you have a good idea whether it be one or two (or even three) possible scenarios.
El Torito run-in.

Hard to argue there- I would have said The Authority has to lose, but what would take its place? VKM? He's boring at this point, too. Would also make it harder to keep Rollins spotlighted, though it might make it easier to push him as legit if he has to "earn" clean(er) wins.

Regardless, I think this will happen during the match: Rusev destroys Cena to start the lead up to a potential WM match between the two, and will either get himself DQ'ed (injuring Cena in the process) or will walk out on the rest of The Authority for whatever reason (thus proving Steph right not to trust him and Lana).

So anyways, will damien sandow be able to transcend the character changes necessary when he finally turns on the miz? I mean, he can't do the stunt double schtick solo.

I think so.
Yeah, he should be able to. He's popular enough, and he seems to be able to take pretty much any gimmick and run with it now. Also a very solid worker.

TNA's last "new" show is tomorrow night. They're in negotiations to move to a new cable network, not one that I'd heard of (can't remember it off the top of my head), it had 2/3 the coverage Spike did- 60 million homes as opposed to Spike's 91-ish million. Dixie Carter is supposed to have an announcement on a deal sometime this month or in December, but I would guess that it won't be for as good of money, so I bet the payroll gets cut, again.

Here's hoping a few of the old NXT guys end up back in WWE, i.e. Bram and EC3 (if Randy Orton can get a rule named after himself and be on, what, strike 20, then hopefully Bram can learn that fighting cops is bad and get another shot).

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I was laughing my ass off last night when they had the Grumpy Cat on. First because they kept calling it a "he" when it's a girl cat, but when it was falling asleep during the skits and just the pure silence from the audible was just the cherry on the sundae. I like they've got Rowan on Cena's team and it's great to see a face Ryback return. But the Mark in me just wanted to see some of the NXT guys come out as backup.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
El Torito run-in.

Hard to argue there- I would have said The Authority has to lose, but what would take its place? VKM?

I liked sting as the authority figure on Impact. Though babyface authority figures get old fast.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I liked sting as the authority figure on Impact. Though babyface authority figures get old fast.
God, do they ever- granted, TNA probably isn't the best example to use for anything right now, but Angle is a great example of this. He's freaking terrible as the face GM. Though it is fun to try to guess just how often he'll forget his lines in any one show. MVP is so good as a cocky heel, was so much more fun to watch than Angle, even given the more-so than useful convoluted booking of why-the-hell-not just give yourself title shots every match?

That would be a good use for Sting, I hadn't thought of that. My guess, unfortunately, is that Vince is going to come back as a face- he tends to think that when ratings are down, he can pull them up.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Sting worked well as a babyface GM because he another authority faction to go against (Hogan/Immortal).

Or when Teddy Long was feuding with Johny Ace.

The biggest problem with having "The authority" in today's wwe is that it is hard to get into because everybody knows that no matter what happens on screen, Hunter and Stephanie will running the show.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Sting worked well as a babyface GM because he another authority faction to go against (Hogan/Immortal).

Or when Teddy Long was feuding with Johny Ace.

The biggest problem with having "The authority" in today's wwe is that it is hard to get into because everybody knows that no matter what happens on screen, Hunter and Stephanie will running the show.
True- when they're the actual authority no matter what happens, it does take you back out of the storytelling a little.

I do appreciate just how damn good Steph, in particular, has gotten at playing her character, though. She's an amazing heel. Her and Heyman are fantastic performers, they carry a lot of the shows and segments they're in. Her ego still shows up a lot, but she's willing to show ass for the roster a decent amount, too, like when Vickie left and Steph was willing to let Vickie make her look like a fool.

Just saw the Divas traditional SS-style match that got added- um, okay. I guess everyone needs to be able to plan for a snack/beer/bathroom break at some point.

And here's hoping that Caldwell was right and Nicki goes over AJ, would be nice to see the Divas division get a little bit of shakeup.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
When is Tamina supposed to be back?

That is what the division needs. Especially if AJ is leaving.