Talk about the NGPC Mofos!!!!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I hate seeing this forum get filled with PSP, DS and other crap and no NGPC talk.

Anywho, I finally got a copy of Delta Warp for a good price, $17 boxed.

Interesting game, I still need to get used to the spinning aspect of it so I tend to do too many moves and have to redo puzzles over and over to get a good time. Never had this much fun with it since I played Picture Puzzle.

Anyone else get a new NGPC game or just got an NGPC?

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
I've had one for about ... holy shit it's been like 7 years now (WTF!) and I love the thing. Every now & again, I get the urge to play some awesome games and play that thing to no end.

My favorite game for it has to be BioMotor Unitron and Faselei! I'm still amazed how great the design & graphics are for Faselei, given what the system was limited to. I love the system of plugging in commands and hoping that you got it all right compared to what some of the enemies may do. The strategy is frustrating at times, but rewarding when done right. Anyone that has that system that doesn't have Faselei is doing themselves a disservice.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I love the NGPC. I always keep it at the ready, with Puzzle Bobble and the Metal Slugs.

migo

n00b
Well, I'm eagerly awaiting the NGP The Chosen One just shipped out to me :) Can't say much beyond that.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
My faves on the NGPC are KOF R2 and Ogre Battle Gaiden.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
My faves on the NGPC are KOF R2 and Ogre Battle Gaiden.

A lot of people dig Ogre Battle, I just couldn't get into it. KOF R2 is good, but ironically I think it's one of the weaker fighting games on the system. Last Blade ranks as the best to me, followed by Match of the Millenium.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'm still bitter about the NGPC-not because of the system itself, but because I've bought about a billion of them. I theoretically have a NIB one, but I think I lost it when I moved. My other NGPC doesn't work so well, I need to hunt down another new one.

Supasaru

Windjammers Wonder
<3 Biomotor Unitron and Cardcaptors.

What was the title with all the minigames? I can't seem to remember. You had a game where you cut straw dummies as Jubei and another one where you shot down Martians as Fio....

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
What was the title with all the minigames? I can't seem to remember. You had a game where you cut straw dummies as Jubei and another one where you shot down Martians as Fio....

Match of the Millennium. Damn, now that was a fine handheld fighter.

I still have an NGPC, but I sold off all my rare games a few years ago when I was really broke. Now I just have Metal Slug 2nd Mission. I used to have Faselei! and a few others that were worth a penny or three... I wonder how much it would cost to get 'em back.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
A lot of people dig Ogre Battle, I just couldn't get into it. KOF R2 is good, but ironically I think it's one of the weaker fighting games on the system. Last Blade ranks as the best to me, followed by Match of the Millenium.

Yeah KOF R2 is weak as far as fighting game on the NGPC goes, but it reminds me of that Street Fighter Kids (Famicom boot of SF2) goofiness all those years ago.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Yeah KOF R2 is weak as far as fighting game on the NGPC goes, but it reminds me of that Street Fighter Kids (Famicom boot of SF2) goofiness all those years ago.

Quoted the wrong person,sorry.

Last edited:

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Mithos and I linked up and played some MOTM at my last gamenight. Once he gets a better deck in CFC we'll link that up too :D

Logicdustbin

Sieger's Squire
I always like Gal Fighter (as far as fighting game go).

started playing Cool boarders, can't say I really like it tho....

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
What's the going rate for a NGPC? After playing some games on Mithos' and watching play against DanAdamKOF, I really want to pick one up.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
I always like Gal Fighter (as far as fighting game go).

started playing Cool boarders, can't say I really like it tho....

Man Cool Boarders was not my cup of tea. Didn't play well at all in my opinion.

Gals Fighter was cool, and as they haven't gotten much mention the Card Fighters games are AMAZING. I seriously have over 300 hours between SNK and Capcom versions.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
What's the going rate for a NGPC? After playing some games on Mithos' and watching play against DanAdamKOF, I really want to pick one up.

Here's a good current thread where we just talked about prices :)

lions3

Igniz's Servent
I guess I need to keep an eye on ebay for a cheap NGPC. I've been curious about it for a while but you know i've never even seen one in person. :oh_no:

How often do you guys use it? More or less than your MVS/AES? Just curious.

Supasaru

Windjammers Wonder
Now I'm getting nostalgic for my NGPC....

MoM, Biomotor and CardCaptors were always my favorites. I would play CardCaptors whenever I had 5 minutes free.

Xian Xi should make another thread in this spirit of this one:
Too many SSFIV threads - Talk about NGBC!

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Still own about 35 games or so, and just picked up the official wireless adapters for the thing.

Best portable period, although, I need to play it a little more then I currently do.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
How often do you guys use it? More or less than your MVS/AES? Just curious.

I don't get much use out of mine, to be honest, but I played the hell out of it back in the day. I'd still play it if I got some new games (which I might do sometime.)

The NGPC's release was a pretty fun time. Gaming in the US kind of sucked then, especially handhelds, as the only system we had was the aging Gameboy since the competition was long since dead. There wasn't a whole lot of compelling GB software coming out either, just a small handful of games.

Then comes the Neo Geo Pocket. Technologically, it wasn't that much superior to the Gameboy, but SNK put out a lot of great games for the system in a fairly short time. Before release I feared that we would get watered down ports of AES hits, but they instead designed the games with the handheld in mind, and a lot of the games were actually more fun than their AES counterparts.

I originally bought a Japanese unit from an import shop, but it eventually gained enough popularity to be carried by a lot of the chain stores, such as EB and Best Buy. Sales weren't huge, unfortunately, but a lot of good stuff came down. I'm not sure that any other system has such a great ratio of quality games, as there are very few bad NGPC games.

To this day, the NGPC still has a lot of unique games that have not been bested on superior systems. Nobody has made better portable fighters than the various excellent titles for the system, nobody has made portable sports games as fun as Neo Geo Cup 98 (and I don't even like sports games!) and it's debatable if anyone's made any shooters better than the Metal Slugs.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
I must say, my NGPC and games has sat untouched for almost a year and I just broke it back out a few weeks ago. I have to say after playing SS64, SS2 NGPC is so much more fun now.

Delta Warp is a fun game. I got frustrated with it and stopped playing.

Cool Cool Jam! still sucks though...

klargon

n00b
I joined this forum just to talk about NGPC (hence the low post count). Imported my first NGPC from Hong Kong in about 2002. Since then, I've owned a lot of hardware and software, and sold it too.

I currently have about 9 NGPC's, more than half of them are slimline. I recently frontlight modded one (at second attempt), although I didn't do a perfect job of it. I've got a stockpile of GBA's now, so I aim to get a perfect one at some point in the near future.

I've owned a lot of games, but I've sold most of my UK clams (as they're worth a bit), and just kept cart-only games. I've got pretty much all of the non-rare titles. To be honest though, I don't play the NGPC very often. Last year I bought a few JAP-only titles. I always wanted Ganbare Neo Poke Kun, so I picked that up. I have a few dubious looking adventure games that sadly don't seem to have translations. I have Mezase Kanji-Ou, too, pointlessly. I should probably sell em, as I won't play them.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
I joined this forum just to talk about NGPC (hence the low post count). Imported my first NGPC from Hong Kong in about 2002. Since then, I've owned a lot of hardware and software, and sold it too.

I currently have about 9 NGPC's, more than half of them are slimline. I recently frontlight modded one (at second attempt), although I didn't do a perfect job of it. I've got a stockpile of GBA's now, so I aim to get a perfect one at some point in the near future.

I've owned a lot of games, but I've sold most of my UK clams (as they're worth a bit), and just kept cart-only games. I've got pretty much all of the non-rare titles. To be honest though, I don't play the NGPC very often. Last year I bought a few JAP-only titles. I always wanted Ganbare Neo Poke Kun, so I picked that up. I have a few dubious looking adventure games that sadly don't seem to have translations. I have Mezase Kanji-Ou, too, pointlessly. I should probably sell em, as I won't play them.

Ganbare Neo Poke Kun is the one of if not my favorite pocket game. If you were thinking of selling it, don't. Spend some time with it if you haven't, as it is a really great game. Unique and fun and oozing with Japanese wierdness.