The Walking Dead TV series courtesy of AMC.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
OK so that old teddy ruxpin looking motherfucker just bit the dust....

What the story with their prisoner? My brother tells me theres a dark side to him....and in the episode there was an allusion to him being a possible rapist. I hope he gets killed off.

looks like it according to the sneak preview for next week. but that could be someone else :D.

im curious to see how carl reacts to this whole situation at the end of the episode. it's his fault!

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
looks like it according to the sneak preview for next week. but that could be someone else :D.

im curious to see how carl reacts to this whole situation at the end of the episode. it's his fault!

Carl is looking like a chip off the ole block in this ep.....he's turning into a totally incompetent fuckup like his mum. =)

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Walking-Dead-Dale-Hats-1318871096.jpg

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
The episode was ok, Carl is just painful to watch as an actor, and how in the world did the walker get behind Dale when he just came from that direction.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
how do walkers have the strength to just rip someone open with their bare hands anyway?

you die and get super powers!?...

sign me up!

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
how do walkers have the strength to just rip someone open with their bare hands anyway?

you die and get super powers!?...

sign me up!

ROFL seriously. This show is borderline retarded sometimes.

As for that episode, I'm quite displeased with Dale's departure. Why the fuck would they kill off such an important character in such an arbitrary way? So what about Andrea's and Rick's character? Who is going fill that void? Some other arbitrary ass random stand in character?

That shit was freaking stupid.

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
New episode of Walking Dead is just an example of how production differences can effect a single actors role.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
All I know is that I was damn glad that I was WRONG... that the dead cow didn't become a Zombie Cow, because if it had I'd have stopped watching the show right then and there. I didn't see Dale being killed off so soon, but at the same time, he kinda got on my nerves. Not nearly as much as Lori though, I can't stand her, I hope she gets killed sooner than later. Andrea and Maggie are the only ones I think are alright. Carl, IMO needs to fucking turn into a mini version of Shane (since we all know he's gonna have to be killed off before the end of season 2 most likely), and IMO, he should have been the one to put the final shot into Dale's head. I realize he's trying to adjust to the fucked up world he lives in, but it's time he started learning responsibility. If he's a fence sitter it's because of his wacko melodramatic mother. Personally I feel when Shane is killed off, the show is gonna go to shit, but that's just me.

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I love how walkers are so fucking noisy and loud, except when they're 2 inches from a person's back.

I also love that a walker can't get his foot out of mud but he can rip open a stomach with his bare hands.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
That zombie was grinding XP the whole time after he got out of the mud.

He probably bought the 'Use Gun' ability with his Souls and was packing that heat Carl dropped earlier, but when he saw the area boss was just a random old man, he decide to save the ammo and just attack without anything equipped.

He posted the vid on Youtube to prove his mad skillz.

Another episode with some really bad writing.

Dale has to die in this episode, so let's just have him wandering around in the dark by himself while everyone else is executing a prisoner. Because, you know, that makes perfect sense.

One of the strengths of the original story is that, more often than not, Kirkman managed to avoid the standard horror trope pllot conveniences. The comic (which, remember, I still don't know even exists) wasn't flawless in avoiding them, but more often than not it did a pretty good job of coming up with reasonable scenarios for character death.

In this season, we've already seen way too many instances of characters acting stupid for no reason other than to initiate a plot necessitated zombie attack.

This production is troubled. It feels like too many different people, with their own interests in the show's direction, are involved in the creative process. It has all the telltale signs, which start with certain parts being very smartly written and well acted juxtaposed with certain parts being worse than fanfic contrivances.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Waiting for Kane to show up and tell Rick he's just as evil as everyone else...

sp3ctr3

Mr. Big's Thug
Was a bit surprised that Dale got chewed up. He's the only person to question the groups actions, and seems like he was the only one thinking about not letting go of that last bit of humanity. Will the group go on a rampage now and go into 100% survival mode?

Also, with Dale out of the spotlight, will they finally do something about C-Dog? He didn't have a single line in this episode. We only saw him during their 'meeting'.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Maybe he becomes the voice of reason in Dale's place. After the words Dale shared with hm on the highway and the kindness he showed him while everyone was out looking for Sophia, maybe they'll have had some kind of influence on him.

If they were to do that with the character, I'd roll with it. At least it would give him something to do.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
C-Dog? Lmao. Like they want to give him lines.

C-dog is just playing token black guy until they can get a token black woman, at which point he will probably get killed.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
C-Dog? Lmao. Like they want to give him lines.

C-dog is just playing token black guy until they can get a token black woman, at which point he will probably get killed.

Another thing they could do with him is never give him any lines but also never kill him. And never show him doing anything that has any meaning, either. Just show him standing with the group once in a while during long, slow, melodratic group meetings.

People could run office pools on how long it'll be before the next C-Dog appearance or can have a drinking game revolve around his appearances.

You could even have the other characters forgetting about him and when they see him, they can be all 'Who are you?'

My legitimate guess:

They're keeping him around solely so that Merle can kill him in a hate crime retribution for leaving him on the roof back in the first season. Because, you know, the way to really drive home the point that Merle is a racist scumbag is to have him kill a black guy on the show.

Even though we already know Merle's a racist scumbag and the scene wouldn't really serve any purpose.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
My legitimate guess:

They're keeping him around solely so that Merle can kill him in a hate crime retribution for leaving him on the roof back in the first season. Because, you know, the way to really drive home the point that Merle is a racist scumbag is to have him kill a black guy on the show.

I had the same thought while watching the last episode. He's just idle Merle fodder

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Another thing they could do with him is never give him any lines but also never kill him. And never show him doing anything that has any meaning, either. Just show him standing with the group once in a while during long, slow, melodratic group meetings.

That made me laugh, imagining him standing around with no lines while the governor commits perverted acts on the survivors.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
People in this show have to die, that's just the way it is. Characters will roll in and out.

I also was about to say WTF to a zombie cow.

I'm fucking sick of this farm though. If they don't leave the farm soon, i'm leaving this show. That place has zero plot and not enough farmer's daughters.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
That made me laugh, imagining him standing around with no lines while the governor commits perverted acts on the survivors.

That could be his moment to have a line, and it wouldn't even cost the producers anything to write new dialogue because they could just lift it from the last scene where he actually did anything.

C-Dog: I'm sorry, man! I'm sorry!

(runs away)

Then he could just go back to being in the background again. He's so unmemorable that even the victims he could have spared hideous tortures forget he was there.

It'd be a great gag the production could just keep running with. I don't think that would ever get old.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It's so weird hearing people complain about the farm.

I never watched an episode of Lost or Survivor, but were people complaining about the island?