NGFUsa.com final firesale? (a.k.a. NGF: The Dying Whimper)

Daedalus

If there's a Bandwagon. I'm on it!
Thanks for letting me know. I have no idea why the links broke when I changed that frame. Seems to be a javascript error.

The code is super simple, but I have no idea why I am getting an "unknown object" code 0. Seems like it should be because of a missing page (bad link), but I checked the link/page and it is there.

I will take a look when I have time to make an update I guess.

What I am really looking for is a person living in Japan that can handle dealings with clients from Japan, since most of this stuff will probably go back to Japan to hardcore historians.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem...
i.e. links still don't work on simple code
P.S. The (') are in BOLD!!!

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
hmm

looking back on things now,i think chris shouldn't have joined forces with dion
chris seems like a nice enough guy to me
he seems to really know and care about neo geo stuff
stuff that 99 % of the posters here don't even know about
i respect him for the love he has for the neo geo
specially now that this site has turned into...i don't know...surely not a neo geo site

they were doing things back in 1998-1999-2000 etc that were so ahead of the time
they really could have been number 1
unfortunately,i think dion's ego got in the way
i don't really think the neo meant something to him
it was just a way to show off and be the center of attention
so you had to read about stamps on the manuals,carts and about frauds and crazy drama / various bullshit
that was really crazy and simply ruined it all for them

but it's all part of the past now
so how lame it is to see people like rade and others insulting chris after all these years
all they can do is post their crap in unrelated
chris could probably talk about neo geo games / stories for hours..

good luck with your sale

This is all 100%.

I had some very nice deals and some personal communication with Chris, who proved to be the most honest and kind person. And proved to know the Neo for real.

this thread is a disappointment, cock sucking chrisr for neo geo paraphernalia?

you 2 are down to makismo / leslie collins level now.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
this thread is a disappointment, cock sucking chrisr for neo geo paraphernalia?

you 2 are down to makismo / leslie collins level now.

I don't know if you've ever had personal dealing experience with Chris.

I've had. I'm talking out of that, first-hand experience.

Which is worth to me like 100x than any Internet drama, yes?

Chris even took his time to free ship to me some very special SNK mementos of his own. Some nice stuff he just wanted to share with me. We just talked about that, I shipped it back to him (again: sorry for the big delay, Chris! :( ), and he has always been the most passionate and respectful person towards any discussion bit.

This is my experience. This is reality.

It's not that I can deny that, or I can feel like embarrassed by stating that, for some other folks on the Internet call my name along with others. Who cares, really?

I just hope you take my words for what they are: truth, plain and simple. :)

Last edited:
attachment.php

now is the part where you convince me that snk inserts are wrong and should be destroyed.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
I would not destroy an SNK insert, that is, but I respect the fact that if you legitimately OWN an item, you can do whatever you want with that item. I think this is a very simple point.

It's not that Chris sneaked into anyone else's house, stealing his own goods and doing shit with it.

Please, just leave Planet Drama and come back to Earth.

On top of that, do you possible realize the simple fact people (like YOU) keep going on posting and reposting those pics just make a perfect sensical reason for them to having been shooted?

This is pathetic, really.

Indeed I think shredding those insert was a sad trollish way to whore attention.
Indeed I think going on and on with this kind of drama is kinda worse.

PS

IIRC, as for the 'Mooky case', Chris actually went and apologize with him, or checked if he was ok, pissing Dion off. IIRC this was posted by Mooky himself. I insist on the fact Chris has always been a nice guy, and I DO SECOND Fran's opinion about Chris having been possibly wrong just with jumping on Dion's wagon. But I don't know the case reasons and detail, so I'm not here to judge either.

Last edited:

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
I used to hang out with Chris on irc a long while back, and bought several carts
from him. I don't ever remember him being a
jerk on irc either, and the deals went smooth.

what is pathetic is defending chrisr over snk authentic napkins and toilet seats.

Why are you defending chrisr if it´s not for personal gain?

I should send you some snk crap (that you need to return me later) so you can fight teh internet for me.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
I'm defeding my own honest opinion on a person I cosider a good guy out of my first-hand experience.

You may be that greedy kind of man who just dous things for personal gain.
I don't know you thus I don't know, but since you continue to suggest such a logic, I guess that's in you.

As for me, I'm not like that. Sorry to let you down, huh?

so we return to my first post, you´re aiding a know neo geo bootleger over the kindness of your heart.

makismo / leslie collins style.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
back to the light hearted thread

maybe the "fire" in the sale is herpes or VD, and they are selling to buy some good meds to help things out

just a thought

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I just want to come in and say that Fran is a stupid, stupid asshole.

Please continue.

(Never had any dealings with Chris Ray, so I don't have anything negative to say about him.)

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
i feel (slightly) sorry for funny people like qube and ki_atsushi
i barely know who they are but they are so angry with me...it's bizarre

they truly seem upset and they don't mind posting their unrelated crap here
guys,just let it go and behave yourselves if you can

the thing is : your "opinion" mean nothing because you mean nothing to me
you both are so useless and shit in my eyes that i can't be annoyed by your comments / insults

maybe if people like neobomberman or wasabi or true neo geo fans said something negative about me..now,that'd be lame

but ki-fucking-atsushi ? lol

metallizer :
please don't be a sheep,you are trying so hard to "fit in" with your ngf hate ?
we are just expressing our opinion and we are not condoning the bad things neogeofreak did in the past
destroying inserts,stamps on manuals / inserts,frauds,etc
that's just shameful shady crap
but it's all gone and part of the past.it's all over now.
the gay jokes and the rageful comments etc
maybe they were funny in 2004 but now ? meh

bottom line :
dion probably doesn't even know the difference between joy joy kid and last resort?
while chris seems to really care about snk / neo geo
that is all
maybe am i wrong,who knows
i don't really know them anyway

there's no need to make such a fuss

please don't be a sheep,you are trying so hard to "fit in" with your ngf hate ?

this is just some counterweight, I don´t get why are you bending things for chrisr.

in the end of the day he did all the actual work of ngf.

As far as I can remember he is vainglorious about it.

or did he apologized and I missed?

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
With Christopher Ray you have the good cop in the good cop/bad cop relationship.

He's still a bit of a dick. He was stamping the inserts with Dion. He was shredding the inserts with Dion. He chuckled as he and Dion forced Jigen into a photoshoot. He probably burst a nut laughing when Dion headlocked Mooky.

Let's try to abondon this revisionist's version of what NGF was all about.

He has never once renounced Dion Dakis or apologized for their general ass-hattery. They still claim to be insiders of the old SNK and the only true fans of the company.

Chris, to this day, continues to tow the line that NGF-USA had some kind of intimate association with SNK.

Like 'sage said, if they know so much about the company, why don't they share more? The want you to think they were partnered with SNK, but in fact, they were a couple of rich groupies who bought their way into a lot of merch and some photo-ops with stolen jackets and carpets.

Their entire story is ambiguous for a very good reason.

I'm sure guys like Shawn and other high rollers know the exact nature of Chris Ray and Dion Dakis' relationship with SNK, but there seems to be a lack of definitive, once and for all, explanation of it.

I know most can merely observe NGF antics from the last 15 years and conclude that they are a step above snake-oil salesman, but there's always this ambiguity about NGF, and Chris Ray's truthfulness, I'll never understand.

I hope, one day, we can get the whole story or about as whole as we can get it to be. Seriously, it would make for a fucking New York Times best-selling book.

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
The debate about NGF is pointless, as it is over and done, and crazy as it seems, it is 10 years since the last real Neo Geo game was even released.

I can give me usual point by point analysis, but you can just check old threads for that.

But to reiterate a point, the reason Dion and I dominated the neo geo scene was first and most importantly, we were true SNK Neo Geo fans. Around since the system was released, and historians and collectors before there were such people. Posers that came along after (read Shawn) were the ones that came into the neo as fadsters looking for a fan club of people.

If you think Dion or I are not deeper in knowledge on SNK/Neo Geo than even most former SNK Japan employees (let alone the morons from SNK America) you are sadly mistaken. Add that with the fact we both won gameplay tourneys at the original Neo Shodown in Atlanta back in the day, and it all adds up to the simple truth. Love or Hate, nobody can deny we have always been the original superfans.

The 10 years of post Neo drama here is pretty much what someone else said, nothng to do with the Neo Geo.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Posers that came along after (read Shawn) were the ones that came into the neo as fadsters looking for a fan club of people.

You mean poseur...but seriously... I want to know more. As Chris Sabin/Ancient Flounder said this would make a best selling book. Please share more with us.

SSS

neo retired
When you pronounce "superfans" do you say it with a lisp? Sssthuperfans? At least that's how we picture you and dion saying it while you compare each others receding hairlines.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Wow. Shaun is a 'poser'? That explains why the links on his site all still work, his store is still open, and why he wasn't dragged into court for his stickers and inserts. And you have the nerve to post here? On the 'posers' site you try and unload your doormat? Why not use your own site if your have so much stroke? Oh, and because chrisr says so, Nightmare Tony, Chad Okada, and *everyone* else of OG SNK US branch are 'morons'! Shito, does this sound like a nice guy to you? With all the pretense and name calling i mean. NGFUSA would have the uninformed believe that they were more than they actually were. Resellers that did it authorized, and kept a system (Duo) 'alive' by honoring the 7 year fix it clause? That would be T.T.I. Superfans? You mean people with actual business acumen, publishing relationships, and programing as well as repackaging excellence? That would be Working Designs. You two hacks couldn't even come up with an original name for your enterprise: biting your name off a magazine. This joke isn't even funny anymore. Truly, good luck selling your shit. Can't wait for you to not have a reason to foul the hobby or these boards anymore.

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
SNKUSA and its employees as well as shawn had the same problem, no balls when it came to SNK Japan, which led to disaster for the Neo Geo.

NGF dealt direct with SNK Japan and felt the pain of that relationship, but stood firm and actually got things done on our terms. We liquidated them, forced the exclusive release of KOF 2000 US version, and took the time, effort, and extreme expense of collecting up the history of the neo geo for no other reason but personal interest.

Shawn got involved with SNK Japan after we told them to take a hike on MS3 when they refused let us release an exclusive US release. We released an NGF version which did well. The one and only reason snk japan dealt with shawn was he was willing to dump money into releases that were guaranteed to be money losers. SNK Japan pretty much bankrupted anyone they dealt with with these tactics. Every single release sold by the neostore was a huge loser.

Now here we are 10 years later, and this site is the home of most of the english speaking neo fans in the world, but it is also home to people that were 10 when KOF2000 US came out, and are just people that follow drama, it just so happens this is a neo geo board, but I doubt it matters to most of those people, it could be anything.

As far as advertising on this site, I did not start this thread, but the exposure is fine with me.

Wow. Shaun is a 'poser'? That explains why the links on his site all still work, his store is still open, and why he wasn't dragged into court for his stickers and inserts. And you have the nerve to post here? On the 'posers' site you try and unload your doormat? Why not use your own site if your have so much stroke? Oh, and because chrisr says so, Nightmare Tony, Chad Okada, and *everyone* else of OG SNK US branch are 'morons'! Shito, does this sound like a nice guy to you? With all the pretense and name calling i mean. NGFUSA would have the uninformed believe that they were more than they actually were. Resellers that did it authorized, and kept a system (Duo) 'alive' by honoring the 7 year fix it clause? That would be T.T.I. Superfans? You mean people with actual business acumen, publishing relationships, and programing as well as repackaging excellence? That would be Working Designs. You two hacks couldn't even come up with an original name for your enterprise: biting your name off a magazine. This joke isn't even funny anymore. Truly, good luck selling your shit. Can't wait for you to not have a reason to foul the hobby or these boards anymore.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
lol Fran thinking anyone "cares" about him.
Get over yourself champ.
No one give a shit about you, just the fact
that you're a fucking douche, and
always
have
been
a
fucking
douche.
People are just pointing it out. Feel free to
disagree.
You've proven over the last decade what a douche you are.
Oh noes, Fran doesn't think I'm a "real" Neo fan.
Whatever the fuck that means.
I'm cool with Chuck and Jonathan, guess I'm fer realzzz now.

Last edited:

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
People can defend Chris all they want, his posts speak for themselves. He wasn't corrupted by Dion's ego, he was just as much a part of it.

SSS

neo retired
According to makismo the only rank in the ngf navy is rear admiral. Dion and Chris like a tight ship.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Man, after Chris Ray came in and defended Dion in this thread, Chris' supporters really look like assholes.