mvs 150 in 1 cart ????

FrizzleFried

Mr. Big's Thug
just got the cart and was able to try out a few games before I had to leave for work. I did notice half of the games I've tried so far have sound issues, distorted, clipping, music cuts out, etc. Some of of the older games i tried didn't seem to have this issue though.. not sure how normal this is. It's in my 2 slot MVS. I guess i'll try taking out the 2nd cart and try each slot independently to see if that helps at all.

Not normal. None of the games I've tried on my cart exhibited blatant sound issues. Sure... some may have a sound effect off or something... I am not sure... as most of these games I am trying for the first time, but there surely aren't any "missing music" or other extremely obvious issues.

FrizzleFried

Mr. Big's Thug
One thing I HAVE noticed with the 150-in-1... they take over the on-board memory of the MVS. By that, what I mean is that I can set the soft dips on the 150-in-1 and it will save them... so far MANY MANY more than 8 that I was told it would save... at least 2 dozen thus far... which is good.

The bad thing is that the other 3 carts get screwed. I can not save soft-dip settings nor any high scores on the other 3 carts. My hypothesis is that the 150-in-1 takes the whole memory that would be used for the soft-dips and high scores normally to store more soft-dips only for the 150-in-1 (it does not save high scores at all)... but what do I know.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The reason why carts in the other 3 slots won't have their high scores or dip setting saved is because every time you choose a title from the multicart menu, the multicart wipes the backup RAM clean.

FrizzleFried

Mr. Big's Thug
The reason why carts in the other 3 slots won't have their high scores or dip setting saved is because every time you choose a title from the multicart menu, the multicart wipes the backup RAM clean.

That makes sense. Does it store it's own Soft Dips on a chip in it's own cart that it loads in every time or something?

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Does anyone know if the 150 in 1 multicart works with the Phatom1 converter?

bacteria

n00b
Ok, read most of this thread just now. I've a MVS1B board and from what I read the 138 cart looks the best as you can apparently remove all the games you don't want off the menus, yes? There's only about 19 games i'm interested on the cart so would prefer to just have these as options. Can someone explain how to only show the games you want on each bootup - someone posted a quote of how to do it but the English was so bad it didn't make sense!

Also, how long is the board in relation to the motherboard, is it quite small?

Concern I have though is someone also posted that this extra board pulls more amperage off the system, if this is the case, how much are we talking about as extra? (i'm not using a computer PSU for intended powering but regulators off one DC adaptor, so this might be relevant and make a difference between 138 and 150 cart).

thesamuraifrog

New Challenger
@MegaGraffin

Yes, it works. I tested it months ago with the Phantom 1 Converter. But what i have to say is, that after i while using this 150 in 1 Multicard games show error like Metal Slug 6, level stops suddenly, there are also Sound problems, so be shure you buy not the original it is just a copy.

andrew96

n00b
I have a MV-1F board and i bought the 150 in 1 cart, it just will not store any high scores once the machine is switched off, when machine is switched back on it goes back to the game selection screen as well, a bit disapointing as it would have been nice to come back on with the game last played with high scores.
My back up battery is good!

But overall good value and loads of games!

Andrew

FrizzleFried

Mr. Big's Thug
I have a MV-1F board and i bought the 150 in 1 cart, it just will not store any high scores once the machine is switched off, when machine is switched back on it goes back to the game selection screen as well, a bit disapointing as it would have been nice to come back on with the game last played with high scores.
My back up battery is good!

But overall good value and loads of games!

Andrew

That is correct. High scores are not saved because the memory is flushed each time you select another game. One benefit is that it seems to store soft dips for a TON of games...

FunkieTom

n00b
Quick question on the 150in1 cart... what level of difficulty are the games set on?

I am asking because I have a 111in1 and all games are on LEVEL8. Which kinda sucks.

the 111in1 has no difficulty adjustment? I just figured out how to adjust difficulty on the 120in1, you have to flip the 4 and 5 dips on the console.

sharps

n00b
help...
hi, got 2x aes cosole, both 3-5 mobos, 1 with unibios, both with 10v 700ma psu.
i got a 150 mvs cart and i have 2 mkII super converters.
1 converter, brand new wont load the start screen, the second does, but...
only a few games load, view point last resort...have bad bass distortion, a couple dont.
kof and metal slugs etc will stat the neo geo splash screen then keep rebooting and looping.
i got a ac/dc multi volt transformer, tried 9v and 12v @4amp..still no luck.
driving me mad...any one can help theres a thank you x1000 for ya

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Which KoFs keep resetting? I have the same problem with my Metal Slug X cart and I can't figure out what the hell is the problem is.

Edit: Metal Slug 4 doesn't work either on a 10V console.

Last edited:

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
help...
hi, got 2x aes cosole, both 3-5 mobos, 1 with unibios, both with 10v 700ma psu.
i got a 150 mvs cart and i have 2 mkII super converters.
1 converter, brand new wont load the start screen, the second does, but...
only a few games load, view point last resort...have bad bass distortion, a couple dont.
kof and metal slugs etc will stat the neo geo splash screen then keep rebooting and looping.
i got a ac/dc multi volt transformer, tried 9v and 12v @4amp..still no luck.
driving me mad...any one can help theres a thank you x1000 for ya

Evening mate ;), put it in the tech help section, you should get more answers there.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
We should be seeing a price drop of the 150-in-1 very soon.

valgalder

Kula's Candy
definitely not worth it, if you already have a 150. Still no Sengoku 2 or Shock Troopers, Magician Lord, Nam, Ninja Combat... just a bunch of stupid KOF hacks

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I still don't understand why they make these with so many hacks. I bet if they made these 150-in-1 carts with all legit games people would pay easily $2 per game.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Looks like the 150-in-1 can be expanded much further.

Currently the 150 uses 14 C roms, 3 P roms and 5 V roms. The cart PCBs have empty slots though, 3 P roms, 3 V roms and 12 C roms. So it defenitely can hold the entire Neo library plus homebrews.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
They still haven't added the games I want...yet!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
definitely not worth it, if you already have a 150. Still no Sengoku 2 or Shock Troopers, Magician Lord, Nam, Ninja Combat... just a bunch of stupid KOF hacks

Except for Magician Lord, every other title in your list in included in the 138-in-1.