Espgaluda 2 Port (potentially) announced for J360...?

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Yes, I'm 99% sure those sales numbers are domestic sales only and don't include imports. The number isn't bad for a shmup. It's only a little lower than Futari's sales for the first week (but Deathsmiles sold almost twice as much).

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Yes, I'm 99% sure those sales numbers are domestic sales only and don't include imports. The number isn't bad for a shmup. It's only a little lower than Futari's sales for the first week (but Deathsmiles sold almost twice as much).

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

It sounds like we will have our work cut out for us to make sure the US Deathsmiles does well. From what I gather, the minimum print run for any normal US 360 game is well over 70k units. If they don't sell through all of those at a fair rate, I doubt we will see any more localized Cave games.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Price point is going to have a huge sway in this. The average US gamer has been conditioned to think 2-D games come with 20 other games on some sort of a comp, or that if it is a shump it is only worth 30-40 usd new. It is preaching to the choir for me to say in this thread that RaidenFA was a bargain @ 40 bucks given what the pcbs cost, and after paying 100 bucks for late DC releases that 60 usd for DeathSmiles 360 is cool. The average US gamer isn't reading this thread tho. That is the potential prob with Cave US releases being successful- we are talking about a niche title needing to do huge numbers or else. . .not too realistic of an expectation, that. Here's hoping however.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The thing is that in the US the arcade shmup scene is gone, so people won't be comparing this game with an arcade shmup. The only other comparison would be retro shmups that mostly comes in compilations.

The other factor is the loli theme. Reminded me of Triggerheart Exelica on the XBLA. Heard that game was already taken down due to slow sales though. So the theme is probably not helping here.

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
I'm not sure that's right. Is Triggerheart really gone? I know it's still on the JP marketplace.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
The thing is that in the US the arcade shmup scene is gone, so people won't be comparing this game with an arcade shmup. The only other comparison would be retro shmups that mostly comes in compilations.

The other factor is the loli theme. Reminded me of Triggerheart Exelica on the XBLA. Heard that game was already taken down due to slow sales though. So the theme is probably not helping here.

It hasn't been removed. Microsoft hasn't removed any XBLA games due to slow sales thus far.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Oops, my bad. I kept thinking it was a Midway game for some reason. It's still on the xbla available for purchase.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
FINALLY got this in the mail today. I'm confused as shit. Google time.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
So for those that played the shit out of both.Whats the superior game?Futari or Esp 2?
i´m buying Esp2 by the end of this month.

fake

15 Year Member
So for those that played the shit out of both.Whats the superior game?Futari or Esp 2?
i´m buying Esp2 by the end of this month.

I've played the shit out of Futari, but have only played Galuda 2 for an hour. My first impression is Futari is much better, but that's not to say Galuda 2 is bad by any means.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Well I just picked up my second 360, its a hacked one and this one apparently plays ALL regions. Paid 160 bucks for it.

So now I am downloading galuda 2 since I dont currently have mine from NCSX yet (waiting on ketsui and Death smiles 2 to be released and they are holding my package). I also bought the LE edition so this copy is a must for me. I hope it works....

EDIT: I just realized it will work.... its region free. I need a region locked game....

fake

15 Year Member
I'm confused a bit about the game's system. What's the point of the getting gold? It seems like gold has the same value as gems, so why spend your gems to collect gold?

Also, I've noticed that at the end-of-stage screen, it tallies up my gems and gold, and the amount is the same that was on the screen when I beat the boss. But other times, it says I had a lot more than the number from when I beat the boss...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
You can only get so many gems before the counter stops unlike the gold which goes higher. On the first galuda it was 500, if I'm not mistaken Galuda II goes up to 999 or so. My advice would be to play the game on novice so you have a chance to understand the system better in less hectic situations.

fake

15 Year Member
You can only get so many gems before the counter stops unlike the gold which goes higher. On the first galuda it was 500, if I'm not mistaken Galuda II goes up to 999 or so. My advice would be to play the game on novice so you have a chance to understand the system better in less hectic situations.

It's not that it's too hectic - I can deal with the bullets just fine, but the system just wasn't making sense to me. I played a bit more and the gems go up to 500 while the gold goes up to 1000. So, from what I can gather, the system exists so that you can get a maximum of 1000 (x 100) more points than if you just tried to collect gold. But still, you have to spend gems to get gold, and not only that, the gold depletes pretty quickly during boss fights. Just seems weird to me. :scratch:

Today my mom asked me, "What's an Espagoodla?"

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The amount of gold you are holding determines the rank in addition to point values. For every 100 gold you have the rank goes up by 1.

fake

15 Year Member
The amount of gold you are holding determines the rank in addition to point values. For every 100 gold you have the rank goes up by 1.

Ooooh. I'll stay away from the gold then :glee:

This game is pretty tough. I think it would be easier to 1CC than Futari because of the fewer levels, but it's harder not to screw up. I've come SO close to killing the third boss.

fake

15 Year Member
This game is fucking hard, even considering it's a Cave game. Does anyone else agree? I can't even reach the fourth level.

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
On the ranks of difficulty of Cave games, it's definitely near the top, right under Pink Sweets. I can't beat the 4th stage yet, but even if I did, 5 would destroy me, let alone a sixth stage with a disgusting final boss.

fake

15 Year Member
On the ranks of difficulty of Cave games, it's definitely near the top, right under Pink Sweets. I can't beat the 4th stage yet, but even if I did, 5 would destroy me, let alone a sixth stage with a disgusting final boss.

OK, good to know I'm not the only one having trouble. I checked the leaderboards of the 360 mode and less than 20 people have 1CC'd it so far.

98PaceCar

n00b
I'm just starting out with this one, but I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm not a seasoned shmup player, so I'm sticking with novice arcade mode. My best is a bit over 59 million on a 1CC run, but I was wondering what would be considered a good score or not? Am I even in the ballpark yet or still have a long way to go?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Is this worth importing for $80 to a casual shump fan?