kof 2004 (secret beta test)

celebrityfest

Rugal's Thug
From snk-capcom.com

first impressions from the alledgadly secret alpha test

- game speed back to 02 standars, the tag is the only fast stuff
- tag still the same rules than 03, no health recovery
- chars portraits appear next to life bar. if kim is active then the kim portrait will be shown.
- life bars are the same as 03
- choose between 2 game modes: the SDM mode with no cancelling, dash nor CD attack; and the super cancelling mode with only LDM for the leader, dash, CD attack and just defended.
- even though big part of the sprites were cut from 03, they don't look as pixelated as neowave.
- fifth button is for the tag function
- very flashy intro beginning with the new chars (kashmiur, tania, rock, hotaru, soiree,alba,mignon,lien), the returning (geese, kensou, bao). resembles the 99 intro. Then a collage with kyo, iori , ash, soiree and alba. intro is kinda long, the longest in all kof's.
- there's one stage ripped from svc chaos, the last one before the boss fight.
- you fight against a 03-standars-under-powered kusanagi for the 4th match. it's a subboss fight like the angel-k9999-kula in 2002. u fight between the special team of kusanagi, rose and adel. the three hidden chars.
- music is a bunch of remixes from previous OST specially from 00 and 03
- nothing changed for the sound department. voices remains the same
- nice select screen with a card style like in 96 with a blue background. portraits are gettin' smaller but the chars draws are well done with the same style as 02.
- lots of special intros, chang and choi hit kim in his intro with jhun. ryo has special intros with yuri,robert,king and terry. kyo and iori regain their 01 intro with more and new dialogues. k' has special intro with kyo, ash, kula and tania. Kensou and Bao have a very and "must seen" intro against Ash.
- if you defeat kusanagi/adel/rose with DM, SDM or LDM you'll fight Malka. if you don't, then you'll fight mukai for the bad ending (what happened to me lots of times and didn't catch the story of every team).
- chizuru is insanely overpowered and lost her reflection move. she got slower and it's a fortune she made team with kyo and iori again
- game finished with the k' team. before the boss fight malka and mukai say about chizuru's power in ash's control and leona and whip strange dissapearence.
- tania has two k's trademark moves, is she a clon or something?
- kashmiur is a charge and motion char, a mixure just like kim. she has a counter dm similar to the royalty test for the liberalist (angel)
- consider rock howard as an old terry bogard. he's small as chris, no neo deadly rave DM and no double repuken, just repuken.
- hotaru has all her powers from garou except the DM where she absorbs energy from the oponent. she is like malin's size.
- hokutomaru is the same as garou with less speed. he is the size of malin.
- geese has new sprite, clothes same as svc but face has less hair and aging signs, he is getting old.
- Duolon doesn't have his 03 infinite, Lin is the same from 01 and didn't play with Lan.
- didn't play with Jae Hoon, Soiree, Alba, Mignon, Lien, Kensou, Bao, Geese, Kusanagi, Adel, Rose. KOF MI chars are more framed than the rest. imagine kim kaphwan in 2002 compared to the rest of the chars.
- teams and chars as appearing in the select screen:

Soiree, Alba Mignon Ash, Shen, Lien Kyo, Chizuru, Iori
Terry, Joe, Mary Ryo, Robert, Yuri King, Kashmiur Tania
Athena, Kensou, Bao Duolon Lin Lan Kim, Jhun, Jae
K' Kula Vanessa Beni Daimon Shingo Rock Hotaru Hokuto
Geese Billy Gato Empty Card Empty Card Empty Card Roulete

obviously the empty cards will show the hidden chars if you enter the code to unlock kusanagi, adel or rose.
- why to make an alpha test? it's a marketing strategy that goes from down to top. a very exclusive selection of people was made to play the alpha test (30 guys). according to the results from the alpha, snk will fixed the last details to make beta test just in time because as we know beta test not always have changes for the final version. Beta test will serve as a mere intro for the release of the sammy game

i don't think the game would feature old SNK backgrounds in game again.

and this is the roster supposed to go with it :

The released team list for KOF 2004 (a.k.a KOF: The new oncomers)

KOF Fatal Fury: Terry, Joe, Mary
KOF Heroes: Soiree, Alba, Mignon
KOF Anti Heroes: Ash, Shen, Lien
KOF Hizokus: Lin, Duo Lon, Lan
KOF Mark of the Wolves: Rock, Hotaru, Hokutomaru
KOF Korea: Kim, Jhun, Jae Hoon
KOF The art of Fihgting: Ryo, Robert, Yuri
KOF Women: King, Kashmiur, Tania
KOF Divines: Kyo, Chizuru, Iori
KOF Outlaw: Geese, Billy, Gato
KOF Millenium: K', Kula, Vanessa
KOF Psycho Soldiers: Athena, Kensou, Bao
KOF Japan: Shingo, Benimaru, Daimon
KOF Hidden chars: Adelheid, Rose, Kusanagi

i dont think its real....

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Dang it, you're the mugen guy. Don't suddenly use another member's AV to start posting fake shit, please. If it's real, post a link.

celebrityfest said:
From snk-capcom.com

first impressions from the alledgadly secret alpha test

- game speed back to 02 standars, the tag is the only fast stuff
- tag still the same rules than 03, no health recovery
- chars portraits appear next to life bar. if kim is active then the kim portrait will be shown.
- life bars are the same as 03
- choose between 2 game modes: the SDM mode with no cancelling, dash nor CD attack; and the super cancelling mode with only LDM for the leader, dash, CD attack and just defended.
- even though big part of the sprites were cut from 03, they don't look as pixelated as neowave.
- fifth button is for the tag function
- very flashy intro beginning with the new chars (kashmiur, tania, rock, hotaru, soiree,alba,mignon,lien), the returning (geese, kensou, bao). resembles the 99 intro. Then a collage with kyo, iori , ash, soiree and alba. intro is kinda long, the longest in all kof's.
- there's one stage ripped from svc chaos, the last one before the boss fight.
- you fight against a 03-standars-under-powered kusanagi for the 4th match. it's a subboss fight like the angel-k9999-kula in 2002. u fight between the special team of kusanagi, rose and adel. the three hidden chars.
- music is a bunch of remixes from previous OST specially from 00 and 03
- nothing changed for the sound department. voices remains the same
- nice select screen with a card style like in 96 with a blue background. portraits are gettin' smaller but the chars draws are well done with the same style as 02.
- lots of special intros, chang and choi hit kim in his intro with jhun. ryo has special intros with yuri,robert,king and terry. kyo and iori regain their 01 intro with more and new dialogues. k' has special intro with kyo, ash, kula and tania. Kensou and Bao have a very and "must seen" intro against Ash.
- if you defeat kusanagi/adel/rose with DM, SDM or LDM you'll fight Malka. if you don't, then you'll fight mukai for the bad ending (what happened to me lots of times and didn't catch the story of every team).
- chizuru is insanely overpowered and lost her reflection move. she got slower and it's a fortune she made team with kyo and iori again
- game finished with the k' team. before the boss fight malka and mukai say about chizuru's power in ash's control and leona and whip strange dissapearence.
- tania has two k's trademark moves, is she a clon or something?
- kashmiur is a charge and motion char, a mixure just like kim. she has a counter dm similar to the royalty test for the liberalist (angel)
- consider rock howard as an old terry bogard. he's small as chris, no neo deadly rave DM and no double repuken, just repuken.
- hotaru has all her powers from garou except the DM where she absorbs energy from the oponent. she is like malin's size.
- hokutomaru is the same as garou with less speed. he is the size of malin.
- geese has new sprite, clothes same as svc but face has less hair and aging signs, he is getting old.
- Duolon doesn't have his 03 infinite, Lin is the same from 01 and didn't play with Lan.
- didn't play with Jae Hoon, Soiree, Alba, Mignon, Lien, Kensou, Bao, Geese, Kusanagi, Adel, Rose. KOF MI chars are more framed than the rest. imagine kim kaphwan in 2002 compared to the rest of the chars.
- teams and chars as appearing in the select screen:

Soiree, Alba Mignon Ash, Shen, Lien Kyo, Chizuru, Iori
Terry, Joe, Mary Ryo, Robert, Yuri King, Kashmiur Tania
Athena, Kensou, Bao Duolon Lin Lan Kim, Jhun, Jae
K' Kula Vanessa Beni Daimon Shingo Rock Hotaru Hokuto
Geese Billy Gato Empty Card Empty Card Empty Card Roulete

obviously the empty cards will show the hidden chars if you enter the code to unlock kusanagi, adel or rose.
- why to make an alpha test? it's a marketing strategy that goes from down to top. a very exclusive selection of people was made to play the alpha test (30 guys). according to the results from the alpha, snk will fixed the last details to make beta test just in time because as we know beta test not always have changes for the final version. Beta test will serve as a mere intro for the release of the sammy game

i don't think the game would feature old SNK backgrounds in game again.

and this is the roster supposed to go with it :

celebrityfest

Rugal's Thug
Hell i didnt know that. calm down this is news and rumors right?

If its fake well get rid of it.

Benimaru

King's Dry Cleaner
Hm.. this sounds very fake. The character roster is a little out of place. Plus the fact that they reuse the backgrounds from svc doesn't make sense since it's atomiswave hardware.

celebrityfest

Rugal's Thug
yeah good point besides im sick of the new character/old character base:

shen/k9999 example.

we want new sprites. and finish kim sprites and ioris.

Benimaru

King's Dry Cleaner
Yeah. Well what also seems weird is the fact that I don't recall SNK ever doing *secret* tests or anything like that. Plus the fact that only 30 people attended sounds incredibly vague

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Benimaru said:
Yeah. Well what also seems weird is the fact that I don't recall SNK ever doing *secret* tests or anything like that. Plus the fact that only 30 people attended sounds incredibly vague

I don´t think it was "secret", but 2003 had one very early on which was not open to the public. It was posted in Cyberfanatics way, way back. Only months later, when they had another one, we found out that it was actually all true.

This one for 2004, though... No way. Too stupid to be true.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
God, I hope it's fake because there's too many things I hate about it.

celebrityfest said:
From snk-capcom.com

That roster's ass, I'm sorry. :oh_no:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Bad ass roster if you ask me. I like the idea of more garou chars.
Hell, even if they arent my faves. Hokuto worries me tho.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Benimaru said:
Hm.. this sounds very fake. The character roster is a little out of place. Plus the fact that they reuse the backgrounds from svc doesn't make sense since it's atomiswave hardware.

Newsflash: Playmore and sense don't mix well.

Can somebody post the original link where this comes from? I don't find all this *that* hard to believe, coming from Playmore. This is more or less what I was expecting, a major reuse of KoF 03, although as long as the characters look "right" I can say I am happy.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
Bad ass roster if you ask me. I like the idea of more garou chars.

Garou characters that are the size of Choi. Like this series needs more characters that are hard to hit due to their microscopic size.

Another reason why I wouldn't believe that roster; no Ikari team. O3 bump off the last of my 4 favorite teams and now 04 just happens to remove one of my most hated. Yeah, right. If fighting games have taught me anything, it's that they'll sooner remove characters I like before they ever touch the ones I can't stand. And it's not like Heidern wouldn't join Ralf and Clark to search for Leona anyway...

Just my two cents.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I like ralf the most of Ikari.
I personally dont care if they take a break. Maybe its time.
I just dont want endless matches via just defending, and stupid tagging.
One thing that bugged me about 2003 was weird juggling.
Like Kim would do his LDM and then do a sA right into a tag.
Shit like that.

This roster is probably not true because of the addition of geese.
They wont redraw that sprite. Knowing them, he probably is in and he was added right off 96 with some cheap ass new additions.

edit:shit I didnt know this was that mugen dude

Last edited:

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
It would be nice if Soiree and Alba were translated to 2D though........

SNZero

Mr. Big's Thug
no yamazaki? that would blow, especially since they are including Geese, the story line potential would be great.
I dont see Chang anywhere in the character list, which can only be a good thing, if this was real. But somehow i doubt they wud get rid of him.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
i hope this aint true. where missing too many things for this game to be complete. like all new sprites with more frames than sf3. what about the missing teams. no mai. and not to forget yamazaki. (Also Yamazaki seems to be loosing it worse and worse by the day will we see the return of the "Orochi" Iori Leona and possibly a even more beserk Yamazaki?) quote from svc or another site. orochi yama would be too cool since he is the only true orochi member still remaining. wouldnt mind him being teamed up with iori and another chara (leona)

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Let's just wait and see...

If it's true, then I would be glad that Kensou, Hotaru, Hokutomaru and Geese would be in it. Sounds weird that a screen beta test would happen with this title "under the radar", but I wouldn't knock Playmore for it.

We'll just have to wait and see if this all rings true or not. I'm not going to call the source a liar. Would love to see the game once it is finally available, but I'm patient. :)

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Its exceptionally fake. The same person posted a "rumored secret alpha test of SvC2" at the same time and it was just as, if not more ridiculous. No sources for either.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Are people not reading or something? I thought it was clear that this person made it up to justify it being here as a rumor. Jesus, what a fucking retarded thread. It would fit nicely under my boot which should bash your thick skull in.

*EDIT - Nevermind, I saw the retarded post at s-c.com. Everything above still applies, though.

Last edited:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
MUSOLINI said:
i hope this aint true. where missing too many things for this game to be complete.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You think anything like that is going to happen?

nothingxs

King's Dry Cleaner
SnairDogg said:
The people that post at snkneogeousaconsumer.com are fags.

I'd love to hear an actual explanation for this one. o_O

Also, that roster is bullshit. The Ikari team is superpopular and all three characters get a lot of use in a lot of different teams. Why the hell would they take them out?