Neo Store Recalls SS5S Carts

JFlex

Marked Wolf
From the NeoStore main page
"Samurai Shodown V Special home cartridges to be recalled for reprogramming. Full details to be disclosed on the next business day, which is Monday, August 2nd. Before taking any action, please wait for this upcoming announcement for complete return instruction."

Finally some good news. If programming includes the fatalities I will definitely buy this cart. :D

Last edited:
Any confirmation if this includes both the English and Japanese version? Or is it just Samurai Showdown V Special (English version)?

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
GothicSamurai said:
Any confirmation if this includes both the English and Japanese version? Or is it just Samurai Showdown V Special (English version)?

No. That's what was announced, nothing more, nothing less :annoyed:

JFlex

Marked Wolf
I would say both.....we'll get the full story next Monday. I can't imagine they would do one and not the other.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
JFlex said:
I would say both.....we'll get the full story next Monday. I can't imagine they would do one and not the other.
:lol:
If they correct the game in it's pure form,it would shock the hell out of me..I'm almost ready to bet something of value that Playmore will add insult to injury with the this so called "fix" Remember they broke the game in the 1st place :rolleyes:
-BB

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
BIG BEAR said:
:lol:
If they correct the game in it's pure form,it would shock the hell out of me..I'm almost ready to bet something of value that Playmore will add insult to injury with the this so called "fix" Remember they broke the game in the 1st place :rolleyes:
-BB

I'm 101% they will do the same 'fix' offered in Japan. Or they will have 6 versions of the game:

- JP AES bugged;
- JP AES 'fixed';
- JP AES unlocked;

- US AES bugged;
- US AES 'fixed' (if anyone in Japan buys the US version, anyway...);
- US AES unlocked.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I'm happy to hear that some action is being taken. However, I guess we'll have to wait and see whether this "action" is what we've been hoping for.

And I'm pretty sure that this recall will involve both US and JPN carts - I don't think SNKP would sink quite that low.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
I have one thing to say about snk playmore.

:oh_no: :oh_no: :oh_no: :oh_no: :oh_no: :oh_no: :oh_no: :oh_no: :oh_no: :oh_no:

KOF Max Impact is their last chance.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Verythrax said:
I'm 101% they will do the same 'fix' offered in Japan. Or they will have 6 versions of the game:

- JP AES bugged;
- JP AES 'fixed';
- JP AES unlocked;

- US AES bugged;
- US AES 'fixed' (if anyone in Japan buys the US version, anyway...);
- US AES unlocked.

Im not sure what they will do but like you Im quite sure they will offer the same fixes in all regions. Its just a question of if the sound problems are related to the M rom only, if it is then it makes P rom modification less likley. We will just have to wait and see.

Raz

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Razoola said:
Im not sure what they will do but like you Im quite sure they will offer the same fixes in all regions. Its just a question of if the sound problems are related to the M rom only, if it is then it makes P rom modification less likley. We will just have to wait and see.

Raz

Yes, but SNKP stated that they will put the fatalities back, but without the splitting in half scenes, so 'm pretty sure that it will envolve other roms, too.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Verythrax said:
but without the splitting in half scenes
I'm like..... why bother?? and I did'nt think that the SvCC fiasco would ever be duplicated or topped...
Lesson learned?? "Skies the limit", is a two way street.
-BB

Last edited:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
These are the items that you want to hang onto and you want
to hang on tight! If/when SNK makes an "updated" or "corrected"
version, I will simply buy that too. Or, if need be and they require
you to send them an old cart, no problem, I will simply buy another
cart from shawn and send them that one! lol
But no way in HELL will they ever get my cart back!

It's GONE!

I always stick with the original.

This is because collecting ANYTHING is a matter of fetish to the end, say adoring an object. Thus, the object must be as real as possible, as closer to the original as possible.

When ANY item is first out of its factory, it's distributed, that's it. Complete with any plastic, seal, chellophan, whatever. That's the finalized 'set'. And must NOT be altered in order to preserve the originality of the object.

No swapping of any part, no patching, whatever.

I preordered (in Japan) TWO copies of the game already, as I always do, yet a PATCHED copy would be anywan meaningless to me.

Another 'corrected' run from the begging would be another story.

Well this is good news. Since the carts will be "fixed", that could mean:

1.) Our US and/or JP carts will be sent back to Neostore, for 100% credit towards a new shipment of fixed carts.

2.) Our carts will be sent back to Japan to be fixed.

Either way, this presents a nightmare, and a potential moneymaking opportunity for collectors. Heh I wonder if the original issue English version will be worth uber money later.

Anyways, if I had a choice, I would like my US exchanged for a fixed JP version. That way I would get my fatalities back, and have the supreme JP artwork and insert and be so gleefully happy of Shawn. I would also forgive SNKP.

<waits for August 2nd>

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Damn. This came a bit too soon. Me and Raz (well, mostly Raz) were going to try to unlock the fatalities with my copy, on the 14th.

Now I have three choices:

1. Not send the cart in, hope for the best in unlocking the shit.

-Resolution 1.1: It's a success, I get the full fatalities and my untouched cart is über-rare.
-Resolution 1.2: It won't work, I've missed my window of trade, and my untouched cart is über-rare.

2. Send the cart in, get the semi-fatalities

-Resolution 2.1: I'm semi-glad, and I'm still hoping for the full fatalities to be unlocked.
-Resolution 2.2: I'm semi-glad at first, but because SNKP took their chance and removed any traces of the fatalities, thus foiling attempts of restoration, I'm fully-pissed.

3. Get a full refund. (If this is an option offered by the NeoStore? Wonder how very light insertion marks enter into this?)

-Resolution 3.1: I use the money to buy the MVS version (later). I'll get everything that was supposed to be included in the game in the first place. Still would prefer the AES cart though...

Arrgh! I'm torn!

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
fatality

I am sure they have already said they will not fix the fatalaties...
In fact I would put money on that.................

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I can't believe some people think that the inferior censored
version will be 'Uber Rare'
what a bunch of fucktards. :oh_no:

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
thegreathopper said:
I am sure they have already said they will not fix the fatalaties...
In fact I would put money on that.................

Have you read the boards recently?

Based on translations by several members here of a japanese message from SNKP, it is currently believed, that they will reinstate the fatalities, but so that you won't see anything cut in half. Bodies, heads... will stay in place.

I know, it's confusing (and another miss by SNKP), but SOMETHING will be reinstated. But does it mean they'll alter the animation of the cut-fatalities? THAT is what we're pondering.

xtoo_short20x said:

Well, it's going to be.

All of Shawn's stock will be altered, right? And since most of the pre-orderers will be sending back their copy for alteration, the remaining copies will indeed be rare.

Not to me, but to collectors. It is the ORIGINAL, after all. Think of it as a typo or a misprint on an old post-stamp, for example. See what I mean?

Last edited:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:

C'mon ! It's because the fact they'll remain 'virgin' nothing else.

I don't doubt to see further people keeping the 'virgin' version as a collectible and playing the 'fixed' version for fun. This Neo Geo world is crazy. There are no rules to keep these games cheap. Someone always try one way or another to pump them up in value. What can you do about it ?

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
yes yes yes

Oh yes I have read the boards recently have you ??
The game is still going to be censored compared to the mvs version,
that is the point I am making.....

finngamer said:
Have you read the boards recently?

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
thegreathopper said:
Oh yes I have read the boards recently have you ??
The game is still going to be censored compared to the mvs version,
that is the point I am making.....

Man, you have a point and that's the ONLY real point.

What really matters to know know is the ACTUAL content of the original release chipset.

Is the full Level3 violence really present but just locked out?

If so, I would rather hope for a custom full unlocking than for a sloppy yet 'official' half-restorarion hackjob that would mostly cut out the real deal once for all.

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
finngamer said:
Damn. This came a bit too soon. Me and Raz (well, mostly Raz) were going to try to unlock the fatalities with my copy, on the 14th.

-Resolution 1.1: It's a success, I get the full fatalities and my untouched cart is über-rare.
-Resolution 1.2: It won't work, I've missed my window of trade, and my untouched cart is über-rare.

-Resolution 2.1: I'm semi-glad, and I'm still hoping for the full fatalities to be unlocked.
-Resolution 2.2: I'm semi-glad at first, but because SNKP took their chance and removed any traces of the fatalities, thus foiling attempts of restoration, I'm fully-pissed.

3. Get a full refund. (If this is an option offered by the NeoStore? Wonder how very light insertion marks enter into this?)

-Resolution 3.1: I use the money to buy the MVS version (later). I'll get everything that was supposed to be included in the game in the first place. Still would prefer the AES cart though...

Arrgh! I'm torn!

I think you should keep your copy so that maybe you and Raz can find a way to unlock the violence setting.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
uber-rare? yes. uber-valuable? I doubt it.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
It's funny, imagine they release a game for 359$ and all the first batch is defective and it doesn't work at all so they do a recall. Would collectors stick to it anyway? "Hey, I got the uber-rare version, the one that doesn't work, everybody else only has the common version that works, losers".

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
finngamer said:

Arrgh! I'm torn!

no need to make your mind up just yet finn, we'll get a better idea of what's going on with the new update from the NeoStore on Monday...what's one weekend?
;)