Neo Geo Controller USB Adapters

seen

n00b
Hi guys, I hand made 6 Neo Geo controller USB adapters. Here's some info about me and previous projects I made: http://www.konlabs.com Here are some specs:

* Old AES and new CD/CD-Z style joystick compatibility.
* Plug and Play device. No drivers required.
* Extremely responsive controls based on Thrustmaster™ firmware.
* Works in emulators or any joystick based games.
* Hand-made and thouroughly tested.
* Only six units were made and each one is numbered.
* USB cable also serves as a 6 foot extension cord.

and pic:
brochure_photo_main_ebay_photo.jpg

If you wanna get one head on over to the marketplace.

Last edited:

Temjin

B. Jenet's Firstmate
seen said:
Hi guys, I hand made 6 Neo Geo controller USB adapters. Here's some info about me and previous projects I made: http://pages.prodigy.net/tan.ax Here are some specs:

* Old AES and new CD/CD-Z style joystick compatibility.
* Plug and Play device. No drivers required.
* Extremely responsive controls based on Thrustmaster™ firmware.
* Works in emulators or any joystick based games.
* Hand-made and thouroughly tested.
* Only six units were made and each one is numbered.
* USB cable also serves as a 6 foot extension cord.

and pic:
neobox_small.jpg

If you wanna get one head on over to the marketplace.

Cool stuff!...that´s all I wanna say actually!
:buttrock:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Produce masses of those and manage a cool sale with Shawn.

I'd like to get a reasonable price for one of those things.

seen

n00b
I can't make any more of them, because they're hard to make without a manufacturing process. I did this by hand and it took a while to get it to look professional. I counted the time it took me to make them and that's the price I got. Sorry if it offends some people but my labor is not cheap.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Yes, head over to his selling thread and see how much he's asking (prepare for a good laugh).

Anyway, this is not news nor rumors, just a scumbag that has noticed how much some people here are willing to fork out (KPJ's princess stick anyone?) and now thinks he can make some good money off neo-idiots.

Ban & delete is the cure.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
MKL said:
Yes, head over to his selling thread and see how much he's asking (prepare for a good laugh).

Anyway, this is not news nor rumors, just a scumbag that has noticed how much some people here are willing to fork out (KPJ's princess stick anyone?) and now thinks he can make some good money off neo-idiots.

$200 ??????

Shit ! Forget all I said one my first reply to this thread. :emb:

seen2k

n00b
MKL said:

Yeah that's right ban and delete what you don't like. He did ban me BTW. If you don't like the adapter just move on, don't reply. How have I violated the rules of this board to be banned like this. I've been a poster on TNL and this board since 2002, and it interests me that some people can just disregard the rules and toss me out because the price I set is too high to meet their standards.

This is pathetic, I'm sorry.

seen2k

Temjin

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Do you really need to ban a guy for selling them for 200$?
I think it´s great that MKL sells them for 20$. I had never seen
USB adapters for the Neo before.
This got way more dramatic than it had to be. MKL, just needed to tell
us that he could do it for 20$, no need for offensive language and baning?!

I think some of you guys should give seen2k a break. Introducing something new to market, esp if its in prototype phase (although judging by the picture, your craftsmanship is very good!) is very expensive.

If you guys don't like the price, move on. Its the same ideology if you were at Walmart or Best Buy...

This is the US of A here, and anybody is entitled to make a business for themselves. Part of that is creating a widget that is manufacturable, marketable, and sellable. Yes, $200 is way out of spec; $50 is more like it if you ask me but he's trying.

Seen2k- your labor rate is one thing but for prototype runs like this, which may in all honesty have flaws, despite your pioneering efforts. A self-imposed labor rate should be negated with first run manufacturing. People don't want to pay extra for work done that isn't perfected yet. I'm not dissing you, that's just how it is.

Good luck with this project though.

seen2k

n00b
Electroman said:
I think some of you guys should give seen2k a break. Introducing something new to market, esp if its in prototype phase (although judging by the picture, your craftsmanship is very good!) is very expensive.

If you guys don't like the price, move on. Its the same ideology if you were at Walmart or Best Buy...

This is the US of A here, and anybody is entitled to make a business for themselves. Part of that is creating a widget that is manufacturable, marketable, and sellable. Yes, $200 is way out of spec; $50 is more like it if you ask me but he's trying.

Seen2k- your labor rate is one thing but for prototype runs like this, which may in all honesty have flaws, despite your pioneering efforts. A self-imposed labor rate should be negated with first run manufacturing. People don't want to pay extra for work done that isn't perfected yet. I'm not dissing you, that's just how it is.

Good luck with this project though.

Thanks Electroman. The truth is I can't make any more of them and this is not a prototype phase. I just made 6, that's all. They're difficult to make if you want them to look like they're factory made. That is true of any product not just these adapters. If I wanted to sell one of these for $50, I could have instead gone to radio shack, got a cheap box, drilled a hole in it, put a 16 pin tin shell connector in it and called it a day. I didn't do that. Here are the parts that I used:
components_small.jpg

Most of these parts are from digikey. Bust on me all you want but making these took research and effort.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
seen2k said:
Thanks Electroman. The truth is I can't make any more of them and this is not a prototype phase. I just made 6, that's all. They're difficult to make if you want them to look like they're factory made. That is true of any product not just these adapters. If I wanted to sell one of these for $50, I could have instead gone to radio shack, got a cheap box, drilled a hole in it, put a 16 pin tin shell connector in it and called it a day. I didn't do that. Here are the parts that I used:
components_small.jpg

Most of these parts are from digikey. Bust on me all you want but making these took research and effort.

erm...do you realize that you're asking $1200 for putting together the stuff in that pic? If at least you were a legend... :tickled:

And the essential point you're missing is that the romz people use teh romz precisely because they don't want/can't afford to spend to play.

And again, this is not news nor rumors. I started making my own adapters long ago and didn't feel the need to open a thread in this section, or any other sections for that matter.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
thrustmaster firmware, lmao

$20 in parts and 30 mins of labor = $200? wow youre fucked up.

and thrustmasters are shitty pads to hack btw. theyre really easy to, but the use of multiple grounds causes for multiple pains in the ass (read: ghosting)

seen2k

n00b
MKL said:
erm...do you realize that you're asking $1200 for putting together the stuff in that pic? If at least you were a legend...
Um, I'm not asking anything, just stating what I used, you're free to disagree.

and thrustmasters are shitty pads to hack btw. theyre really easy to, but the use of multiple grounds causes for multiple pains in the ass (read: ghosting)
They worked fine for me so far. I only found one ground, not multiple.

$20 in parts and 30 mins of labor = $200? wow youre fucked up.
Hilarious. 30 mins of labour. :loco: You don't really care about the quality of anything do you. I'm not even going to continue this, because at this point it's shooting gallery for you.

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Well, it's a cool concept, but I will concede that the price point is a little out there. But people have payed more for less useful neo items in the past, so I really don't see what the big deal is - overpaying is an NGH tradition, after all.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
christ, and I thought the NGF one was expensive for $95

bwahaha

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Rom whores are using an X box to play now a day . Make an X box version of a princess stick and you might sell one . As for these all I can say is "teh lol"

Jedite

Bunker Buster
Not a bad accessory but, price is way too steep. You can buy an X-Arcade for the computer for only $100.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Nice work…very professional looking. The price is kind of high.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Very nice concept, but considering that a Neo-Geo AES system goes for around that money, people won't even consider buying it.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
would someone move this piece of shit non-news thread to somewhere like the war room

p.s. Here's the news, this guy really thinks his time and effort is worth 200 bucks

legendofspeed

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Since he's spamming all the forums (selling, news & rumors), I figured I should have fun spamming his threads:

He calls his product the "MiracleRay USB converter". I'll just say, It'll be a miracle if someone buys one......

He actually had the balls to type "Only 6 were made. This is number 6." Nice job trying to pretend to sellers that this is a rare official product. Hopefully all ebayers are like me and aren't so easily misled.

As a hardcore ebayer, I already know your bound to lose money:

$0.60 is your initial auction fee
$5.00 for reserve auction type
$2.40 for setting the reserve at $149.99 (which I bet you did)
$8.00

EIGHT MOTHER TRUCKING DOLLARS, if those things don't sell, your out by $16. I have two ebay tips for you. First, make one auction, no reserve, see how it sells. Now you have an idea of where you can start the next auction. Second, after being a ebay user for a little bit over two years. I know Summer is NOT the best time to post up games, it's called the "Summer game drought". There's a reason why gaming companies don't produce games during this season = no one freaking buys them.

Okay I should stop scolding you. I hope you the best of luck on your auction.