Kof 03 pics

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
1298_1.jpg

And all these years I was hoping my persona would appear...
WOW...must be personal...heh.
-BB

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
I know roker, you had the info before me, but its easy to understand my topic name haha, Good going.

NO STYLE DM

NEST Puppet
i feel glad that the first art ever revealed of kof2k3 is of fatal fury charctors , but does that mean that the new fatal fury team will be like :
TERRY (MOTW custome) , JOE , and GRIFFON .
that would be cool , and i hope VERY VERY VERY much that they would tell us how did terry get his new clothes , he didnt just steal them from gorgio armani didnt he ?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Who wants to bet that Terry will be at least 75% ripped from MOTW?

Scalpeur

Genam's Azami Sharpener
I hope the sprites will be those of MOTW and that the other characters will be redrown.
I think SNKP will use what was done for garou2 in this KOF.

Can't wait for the first screenshots
:multi_co:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
It's cool and all, but I feel it is three years too late and reeks of sprite rips! I just hope SNKP can pull it off and doesn't just take the MOTW characters and reduce the animation so they fit in the game. Also, I too wanted to see a lot of characters redrawn... and not ripped from other games where they were redrawn... REDRAWN FOR KOF.

I know it is a moot point, but I just hope this can be pulled off. I know they don't have the staff they use to, but I feel like the games we get are second tier at best... oh well... Here's hoping it is amazing!

-Nick

Underdog

Camel Slug
It strikes me as a little odd that there are two MOTW characters and Joe on the same team. Wouldn't another MOTW character have been a better fit?

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
SonGohan said:

Is that a bad thing? as long as they keep his animation intact and the rest of the characters fit the style?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
SonGohan said:

I don't know if they could do that.

I thought the sprites in MOTW where shorter than the characters in KOF

SNK Junkie

n00b
This information alone is enough to make me salivate.

Random Thoughts:

1. If they do rip Terry's sprite from Garou, at least they picked a good game to rip from. With Falcoon now there, hopefully the inspiration will come to re-draw everything. Although, what's the release date for '03?

2. Strategy wise, this team rocks.

3. Speaking of strategy, does anyone know what the supposed new system is like ? Obviously, it's still 3 on 3, but what did they mean by new, or was something lost in the translation, as always?

brammes

n00b
Remember me!!! The guy who post the line up for this game, lets see how many more characters from my post show up in this Game!!!!! :D

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
the roker said:
I don't know if they could do that.

I thought the sprites in MOTW where shorter than the characters in KOF

Not only that, but MOTW is moroe anime like, in the style of Last Blade. You can't just rip his sprite over to KOF and have it look any good.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
brammes said:
Remember me!!! The guy who post the line up for this game, lets see how many more characters from my post show up in this Game!!!!! :D

Originally posted by brammes

Psycho Team: Athena, Chin, Kensou

Japan Team: Kyo, Benimaru, Daimon

Garou Team: Terry, Rock, Marco

Shiranui Ninjitsu Team: Mai, Andy, Joe

Ikary Team: Leona, Ralf, Clark

K' Team: K', Whip, Maxima

Women Team: King, Mary, Hinako

Korea 1: Kim, Chang, Choi

Korea 2: May Lee, Jhun, DongHwan

Kyokugen Team: Ryo, Robert, Yuri

Hizoku Team: Lin, Lan, Shato

Ex Agents Team: Vanessa, Seth, Ramon

NESTS Team: K9999, Angel, '01 Krizalid

Single entries: Shingo, Eiji

Hidden characters: Iori, Bao

Sub-bosses: Misty

Boss: Ron

hmmmm . . . so far none! Unless you count Terry. But even my 3 year old Nephew saw that coming. Even though Joe is also in your prediction, you specified a different team. I don't see Tizoc on that list anywhere.

Last edited:

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
brammes said:
Yeah, I remember you -- the guy who post the bullshit lie rumor thread for KOF'03 based almost entirely on Shito's bullshit lie rumor thread for KOF'02 (but I'm trying to forget). Why do you think the announcement of an apparent South Town Secondus Team for KOF'03 in any way validates your crap post? If you recall, you claimed the "Garou Team" would be Terry, Rock, and Marco, the "Shiranui Ninjitsu Team" would be Mai, Andy, and Joe, and you never mentioned Griffon Mask / Tizoc at all. So far, the only thing you got right was the inclusion of Terry and Joe, and that wasn't exactly a risky prediction to make, seeing as they've been in every game in the series. Maybe if you'd specified that Terry would be in his MOTW duds you could be impressed with yourself -- as it is, any similarity between the final roster and your "official line-up" will be purely coincidental.

--Chris

EDIT: Nuts -- the roker beat me to it while I was proof-reading.:p

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
just like Kim in KOF2k2 was given a different stance/standing animation and made him look somewhat out of place, so too will the addition of Terry's new sprite compared to the other characters. And if you take into account that 2K2 was a springboard for Kim's new personification to jump into SvC, maybe they are doing the same with respect to KOF2K3 and SvC2.

If you look at it this way - Kyo was given a new costume as of KOF99 and then in 2k1 so was Andy, but the rest of the cast was the same, I have a fealing they are going for the same thing here.

I higly doubt all the other characters will be given new sprites...
Tizoc has an incredible design, howver sprite ripping from Mark of the Wolves will cheapen tht game a bit, take away somewhat from its exclusivity. If this character is introduced to the KOF roster with style, however it would be a different story. I would have preffered Big Bear's inclusion but oh well.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
the roker said:
Originally posted by brammes

Psycho Team: Athena, Chin, Kensou

Japan Team: Kyo, Benimaru, Daimon

Garou Team: Terry, Rock, Marco

Shiranui Ninjitsu Team: Mai, Andy, Joe

Ikary Team: Leona, Ralf, Clark

K' Team: K', Whip, Maxima

Women Team: King, Mary, Hinako

Korea 1: Kim, Chang, Choi

Korea 2: May Lee, Jhun, DongHwan

Kyokugen Team: Ryo, Robert, Yuri

Hizoku Team: Lin, Lan, Shato

Ex Agents Team: Vanessa, Seth, Ramon

NESTS Team: K9999, Angel, '01 Krizalid

Single entries: Shingo, Eiji

Hidden characters: Iori, Bao

Sub-bosses: Misty

Boss: Ron

hmmmm . . . so far none! Unless you count Terry. But even my 3 year old Nephew saw that coming. Even though Joe is also in your prediction, you specified a different team. I don't see Tizoc on that list anywhere.

Heh, someone got pwned by his own damning post.:D

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
With the inclusion of MOTW characters I assume this is another dream match. I was hope to see Dong Hwan or even Freeman, but I guess this is good enough eh?

Last edited:

NO STYLE DM

NEST Puppet
FormlessOne said:
With the inclusion of MOTW characters I assume this is another dream match. I was hope to see Dong Hwan or even Freeman, but I guess this is good enough eh?

ehh , who said it was a dream match , tizoc is no kid , he could possibly be in kof2k3 without it being a dream match , i cant say the same for lets say .. rock

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Hmmm...I dunno.

I have the feeling these MOTW sprites will look just as out of place as Kim's sprite did in '02, and the way Hugo's and Dhalsim's did in SvC. If there's one thing Playmore doesn't have any kind of fucking handle on at all, it's artistic consistency.

I love the idea of the new Garou team, I just hope the rest of the game measures up.

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
SNK Junkie said:
3. Speaking of strategy, does anyone know what the supposed new system is like ? Obviously, it's still 3 on 3, but what did they mean by new, or was something lost in the translation, as always?
3 on 3 has not been confirmed as far as I know.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
In a way, they're all dream matches. In '95, everyone was one year older than in '94 -- and they've never aged since. For example, Kim was 28 in FFS, 29 in KOF '94 and 30 in KOF '95-present. But he continued to age in the FF games. 32 in RBS. His date of birth is given as Dec 21, 1964, which makes it seem like KOF takes place in some kind of timeless dimension or something. Nevermind having the AOF characters not be 10 years older than the FF characters, which has been brought up a million times. Not that I mind. I stopped worrying about the internal logic in 1998.

I kind of look at KOF as sort of a SNK version of Capcom's VS series -- except with better gameplay and characters I like to play as.