PDA

View Full Version : New Neo Fighter this March/April

Amix
10-03-2003, 05:30 AM
From s-c.com:

No, no, it's not SVC 2, at least we don't think so. It wouldn't be news if it were. SVC 2, as most of us should know, is expected, so what's this all about?

Well, what we do know is there will be guaranteed a "new" fighter coming out for the Neo Geo MVS in either March/April of 2004. When we say "new" we mean it's not another KOF, another Samurai Shodown, another SVC...or another World Heroes.

We have our guesses and all we can say at this time is "Not a Match", but "Be Excited!!!" Be very excited, that is. The time has finally come.

We still have Metal Slug 5 (October/November MVS Release), and KOF 2003 (December MVS Release) to look forward to, but the thought of more great projects by SNK Playmore really has us drooling.

All we can say is...thank you Mr. Kawasaki for continuing your passion of giving us fighting games for the Neo Geo MVS.

The 16-Bit (Neo Geo) beast never wants to give up.

BTW, Metal Slug 5 will make you forget about MS4 real fast.

-trieu

Kid Aphex
10-03-2003, 05:37 AM
Awesome news, and super interesting.
What's with that hint...?
Be excited?...

Hmm...

NeoGoaT
10-03-2003, 05:45 AM
Could it be Las .... no, it couldn't. Could it? Damn Vinh and his cryptic frigging clues. Is there a 2D programming team on the planet that could do justice to a 3rd episode of the Gekka no Kenshi series?

Tarma
10-03-2003, 05:57 AM
Is he implying that it's totally new? i.e never released before on the Neo-Geo (like Matrimelee).

Or is he implying that it's "new" in the sense that it's something we've not heard of previously - like a Last Blade 3... or perhaps a sequel to Ninja Masters?

May be it's a Guilty Gear game or the next Street Fighter sequel?? ;) :loco:

[OCEAN]
10-03-2003, 06:10 AM
A TOTALLY new game for the Neo? Not a sequel?
If that's true, it is some awesome news!:buttrock: :drool:

Another genere could have been greater for the Neo IMO, but seeing the lack of original 2D fighters nowadays on any platform, it's just great news.

I can't wait to see some more info on that...

[OCEAN]

NeoGoaT
10-03-2003, 06:17 AM
Well, he says "The time has finally come" which implies that it's a game weve been waiting for for a long time. He also discounts KOF, SS, SvsC and WH which leaves, well not much, Last Blade 3 or AOF 4 from the established series, maybe MOTW 2.

kernow
10-03-2003, 06:51 AM
finally

Orochi Hearts :buttrock:

Amix
10-03-2003, 07:03 AM
Since "new" is in quotation marks, I don't think he means a brand spanking new series, but obviously a continuation of beloved title or series.

Sorry kids, I'm completely ruling out Art of Fighting 4.

It's either Mark of the Wolves 2 or Last Blade 3. :buttrock:

Hide
10-03-2003, 07:08 AM
I want a LB3!!!

MOTW can wait!

LB fans have waited too longggggggg!!!

SML
10-03-2003, 07:14 AM
Real Bout 3 plz.

kernow
10-03-2003, 07:19 AM
can you feel the RAGE? (again? :spock: )

'RAGE2 - we felt the first title was so critically acclaimed we made a sequel'

EvilMike
10-03-2003, 08:29 AM
This is the first time I've seen people asking for a new Last Blade. Most Last Blade fans I know, including myself, don't think the series needs another title. Also I don't think Playmore could pull it off.

Pink Spider
10-03-2003, 08:37 AM
Thats some pretty hot news.
Cant wait to see what they have up their sleeves!

kernow
10-03-2003, 08:42 AM
someone finally speaks sense.

Originally posted by EvilMike
This is the first time I've seen people asking for a new Last Blade. Most Last Blade fans I know, including myself, don't think the series needs another title. Also I don't think Playmore could pull it off.

Electroman
10-03-2003, 08:46 AM
Part of me feels that I hope it is not LB3, MOTW2, etc b/c SNKP WILL screw it up.

A fresh new fighter, with a new cast, new premises, zoom, lots of parallax ... that would be fine indeed.

FormlessOne
10-03-2003, 08:53 AM
I don't know about you but a new Garou would sure get me intrested. :glee:

kernow
10-03-2003, 08:59 AM
lets see,

they had to squeeze the shit out of the machine to get it to do garou, involving each char being constructed of lotsandlots of sprites, this type of dedication and effort expended simply doesn't exist any more, see how ROTD doesn't even work on some MVS boards. real QA testing there.

but MOTW2? sure, it'll be fantastic,

Zerogoki
10-03-2003, 09:04 AM
It's time for Mark of The Wolves SPECIAL :D .

Robert
10-03-2003, 09:04 AM
And what about a new world heroes?

VanillaThunder
10-03-2003, 09:10 AM
Save this link, refer to this thread in april.

It's Garou 2.. you can bet your house, life, paycheck and first born on it.

Garou 2... take it to the bank.

Amix
10-03-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Robert
And what about a new world heroes?

Because he said it wasn't.

Decepticon
10-03-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Amix
We have our guesses and all we can say at this time is "Not a Match", but "Be Excited!!!" Be very excited, that is. The time has finally come. [/i]

HOLY SHIT! This either has to be LB3 or MOTW2, there is no other game that can make me say the time has come other than when SVC came out.

Please if there is a God this will happen.

Evil Wasabi
10-03-2003, 09:19 AM
Well I'd be surprised if it was a completely new game, since everything SNKP has come out with has been a sequel even if ROTD and Matrimelee are only half sequels. But likely I'm going with Garou 2 since that was also rumored under development when SNK shut down. I'm guessing since he put new in parentheses that it isn't original. Still a sequel just to a series Playmore has done 'justice' to yet.

VanillaThunder
10-03-2003, 09:20 AM
Because he said it wasn't.

What is their only other "MONEY" game on the neo, series wise? One that we would be excited for?

Garou 2, without a doubt.

It would also, I believe, be the 10th fatal fury game released for the arcade.. making another landmark accomplishment for the Neo.

So, hey.. there you go.

The hints are all staring you in the face...

Robert
10-03-2003, 09:22 AM
I was born in april so it will be a perfect birthday's gift.

Evil Wasabi
10-03-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by VanillaThunder
What is their only other "MONEY" game on the neo, series wise? One that we would be excited for?

Garou 2, without a doubt.

It would also, I believe, be the 10th fatal fury game released for the arcade.. making another landmark accomplishment for the Neo.

So, hey.. there you go.

The hints are all staring you in the face...

I only count 8, 9 if you include Garou 2...what am I missing

FF 1,2,Special,3
RBFF 1,2,Special
Garou

Zerogoki
10-03-2003, 09:26 AM

10th Fatal Fury already?

I need a new Real Bout or a Fatal Fury with Andy Blue Marie etc...

rugal2000
10-03-2003, 09:34 AM
art of fighting 4 would be great as long as it was as good as the other 3 and so would Marko f the wolves 2. But another real bout?? No thanks

I think Playmore should convince other beleagured 2d giants tto put their games on mvs. Much in the way SNK convinced people like Data East and Technos to make games on aes in the mid 90's.

Amix
10-03-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by rugal2000

I think Playmore should convince other beleagured 2d giants tto put their games on mvs. .

That would be some impressive convincing.

VanillaThunder
10-03-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by lithy
I only count 8, 9 if you include Garou 2...what am I missing

FF 1,2,Special,3
RBFF 1,2,Special
Garou

Wild Ambition for h64

Evil Wasabi
10-03-2003, 09:51 AM
Wild Ambition for h64

Ah well then we can add Fatal Fury First Contact to ;)

So 8 MVS games, 1 Hyper, 1 PSX Semi-port, 1 NGPC, any others?

VanillaThunder
10-03-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by lithy
Ah well then we can add Fatal Fury First Contact to ;)

So 8 MVS games, 1 Hyper, 1 PSX Semi-port, 1 NGPC, any others?

I was only counting coin-op releases ;)

jeff bogard
10-03-2003, 10:32 AM
Whatever the game is, I hope the characters come out also in future KoF. Like FF characters and AoF characters did on KoF.

Evil Wasabi
10-03-2003, 10:35 AM
I was only counting coin-op releases ;)

Specifics, specifics ;)

Alright you win, but maybe it'll be Last Blade 3, I always preferred weapons fighters more.

the_colonel
10-03-2003, 11:39 AM
Motw 2 has lots of potential if they do the following things to it...

-make 2 more versions of the A+B/down A+B attacks, but make them with C+D as well, it will create 2 more high low moves to adapt too, also increase there speed.

-the game needs to be alot more loose in its controls to make for even more movement & speed.

-also make the characters more thin to make them look taller to give them more hit detetion areas (in the first motw, characters needed to be bigger so it creates there moves punches/kicks be more true to there ranges, it would make a new feel to the game two) instead of short.

A few more additional attacks, even though they had lots of moves in motw.

Then again last blade 3 would be cooler. But we are not going to get ss0 then lb3 are we, two sword fighters out right after oneanother.

geekabilly
10-03-2003, 11:48 AM
Please, please, please,.... Let it be MOTW 2* and don't screw it up!!! if they down the action, frames, or sprites for more fighters dont do it!!! lose some of the old cast and add a few new fighters and a new story!!! let my dreams come true...MOTW 2*..:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

DevilRedeemed
10-03-2003, 12:18 PM
I see it this way. SSO is the 5th in the series and since they haven't revamped the game drastically, I can't but feel that it hasn't really been worth it. LB3 would be the same in my book. The first 2 games already established and refined the play mechanics and the graphic style. There isn't in my opinin, any way to add to this in a way that will make it worth it. KOF is the only series that should be allowed to do this in m opinion.

MOTW on the other hand... The game, along with SF Alpha 1 and 2, is the greatest fighting game I have ever played. A sequel that builds on the first would be perfect.
It would seal it. I don't feel they would need to improve graphics (impossible probably) - just add new characters and change mechanics somewhat.

A third instalment that has little to add on the prequels is silly in my opinion.

MOTW I feel, is a game that was done on MVS and noone can claim it lags behind technically, even by today's standards.
A sequel properly executed would leave little room to argue that Atomiswave is the logical next step.

Playmore has really pulled their stockings up of late. I am of a different opinion than I was back when we would get stuff like KOF2K1 and MS4. Lets hope they don't dissapoint.

ROBOTRON
10-03-2003, 12:38 PM
Couldn't be World Heroes, since that is ADK....another last Blade?

Another sequel to Savage Reign?

Something brand new?

I'm excited none the less...

well...back to Border Down.....:D

SilverAngel
10-03-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Robert
I was born in april so it will be a perfect birthday's gift.

Same here, just hope it reaches here for april:)

Cynn
10-03-2003, 01:04 PM
AOF 4 baby. Picture it: Art of Fighting: Extinction. Eiji as the lead this time tracking down and ridding the world of Kyokugen once and for all after his deadly victory over Takuma! It's an all out street war in South Town baby!
Can Ryo stop the fighting or will he be forced to be come the new Mr. Karate just to survive as his now late father did?

Dare to dream. lol I won't complain over a Garou 2 though! Let's see Andy and the son of the Duck King baby!

Baseley09
10-03-2003, 01:42 PM
Yesssss Ragnagard 2 with polygon characters!!!11

No, serious, it is Fight Fever's Revenge

zerodark
10-03-2003, 02:22 PM
MOTW 2 would be great, as would Last Blade 3, but I want a legit Fatal Fury 4, no Real Bouts or anything, FATAL FURY 4!

Decepticon
10-03-2003, 02:41 PM
It's Legend of Success Joe 2: Electric Boogalo

roker
10-03-2003, 02:45 PM
LAST BLADE 3!!!!!

ok, I'm a little too excited. But he pretty much said it's not a franchise we know on the Neo Geo.

Maybe its a side series, like the KOF only characters in their own game?

Decepticon
10-03-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by the roker
LAST BLADE 3!!!!!

ok, I'm a little too excited. But he pretty much said it's not a franchise we know on the Neo Geo.

Maybe its a side series, like the KOF only characters in their own game?

It would be nice to see it be something going from the deal with Sammy, possibly a GG type game in exchange for KOF being on the Atomiswave

BoriquaSNK
10-03-2003, 02:48 PM
no way, its Neo Guilty Gear.

bokmeow
10-03-2003, 02:51 PM
You guys are way off the mark, it's Legend of Success Joe Jet that we'll be seeing.

MilkManX
10-03-2003, 03:02 PM
I have to agree that SNKP doesnt have the skills to pull off a Garou or Last Blade sequel. :annoyed:

ni-ten
10-03-2003, 08:19 PM
This is going to be Garou 2.
And even if not,I am pretty positiv that Garou 2
will surface next year.
We got snk vs capcom and samurai 5.
Now Garou 2 is the last one of the rumored,to be in development
for years.

FeelGood
10-03-2003, 08:26 PM
fuck last blade 3.

return of success joe pls!

Viewpoint
10-03-2003, 08:35 PM

BTW, Metal Slug 5 will make you forget about MS4 real fast.

It better. 4 was such a turd....

OmegaSaber
10-03-2003, 10:30 PM
if it's Garou 2 I'll piss, shit, and puke all over myself at the same time, possibly leading to an explosion of my entire body.

Electroman
10-03-2003, 10:36 PM
How about Militia Fighter!

Marco, Tarma, Eri, Fio, Trevor, Nadia

the guys from POW, Ikari Warriors, NAM'75, and that little dude that rode inside the Iron Tank and Guerilla War tanks.

Fygee
10-03-2003, 11:06 PM
TRIEU said that it would be a completely new fighter, not a sequel to a current series. So don't get your hopes up about this being Garou 2 or LB3 (not that it wouldn't surprise me if they were working on that as well).

Amix
10-04-2003, 01:12 AM
Where exactly did he say that?

Evil Wasabi
10-04-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Electroman
How about Militia Fighter!

Marco, Tarma, Eri, Fio, Trevor, Nadia

the guys from POW, Ikari Warriors, NAM'75, and that little dude that rode inside the Iron Tank and Guerilla War tanks.

I'm in for that one.

Dean
10-04-2003, 01:47 AM
God help me for saying it, but I don't need another Neo 2D fighter. I can still get my fix from either LB2, MOTW, AoF3, RBFF2, Kizuna, or Ninja Masters. They've done it all and can't improve much on it. Isn't everyone sick of the rehashing of the series? Yeah, I'm into SS0, LB3 and MOTW2 would be cool, I'm buying SvC, but how about something new?

A new sports game: Baseball Stars 3 or Neo Turf Masters 2!
A platformer: Neo Mega Man!
An action adventure game: The Adventures of Link at Neo Geo Land
A puzzler: Neo Columns

Serisously, something different please

Decepticon
10-04-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by D-Lite
God help me for saying it, but I don't need another Neo 2D fighter. I can still get my fix from either LB2, MOTW, AoF3, RBFF2, Kizuna, or Ninja Masters. They've done it all and can't improve much on it. Isn't everyone sick of the rehashing of the series? Yeah, I'm into SS0, LB3 and MOTW2 would be cool, I'm buying SvC, but how about something new?

Megaman on the Neo would fuckin rock!

Evil Wasabi
10-04-2003, 01:50 AM

I agree but the since all of SNK's big names franchises are fighters and Metal Slug I think that's about all we'll get but hey for variety we still hopefully have Pochi no Nya and a friggin Bemani game from ADK.

Bemani on the MVS I doubt this machine will ever cease to amaze me.

[OCEAN]
10-04-2003, 05:11 AM
I agree with some here. I think the Neo needs other type of games that fighters to satisfy it's users and perhaps to gain the attention of new ones.

...but then again, the lack of new 2D quality fighters these days makes a new fighter a great thing anyway. At least I hope (and I know I'll propbably be deceived) that is not some old Neo glory rehash as SS0 is.

[OCEAN]

ltron2020
10-06-2003, 06:18 PM
its gotta be a whole new game. Not a sequel to anything. I would love Garou 2.....but wouldnt they just say Garou 2 was being made!? Plus he said its not a SEQUEL!!! Im hoping snorks vs smurfs

Fredscape
10-07-2003, 12:57 AM

Exactly what I was thinking when I read this post, I was more thinking in lines of a complete new platform game.
It would be a nice change I guess as the number of fighters will of course neven be enough but some change now and then would be nice :)

OmegaSaber
10-07-2003, 01:07 AM
Here's all the clues that have been given:

"new" fighter, names series off that it's NOT, doesn't say it won't be a sequel.
Names off nearly all of SNK's big name fighters but FF, and AOF
They state "The time has finally come. Dreams do turn into reality." Meaning, it's something we've been waiting for.
Says thanks for continuing fighting games, well, it's a fighter.
And "be excited" but I'm not sure about that one.

All signs point to Garou 2...I for one can't wait if it is.

Kid Aphex
10-07-2003, 01:34 AM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

What the Neo really needs as a send off is one final, bombastic shooter. Maybe another "star" game. Could be gorgeous.

leGionellz
10-07-2003, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by Kid Aphex
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

What the Neo really needs as a send off is one final, bombastic shooter. Maybe another "star" game. Could be gorgeous.

My guess is it will be a shooter indeed.

SNKP aims at the arcades and there aren't many interesting shooters released there nowadays. a Star game would indeed be very interesting.

And people that complain about fighters.. Isn't the neo all about fighters ? There's nice other games as well, I agree, but compared to the piles of great fighting games, there's not too many of them.

I'd love a new fighter !

I'd love 10 of them as well.

ltron2020
10-07-2003, 10:35 PM
All signs point to Garou 2...I for one can't wait if it is.

jesus tap dancing christ i hope so

RabbitTroop
10-08-2003, 03:43 AM
Not sure what to make of this... either Trieu's sketchy with the details himself and means "it is about time" as in something new or finally... or it is some genre we have been lacking... perhaps a good boxing or wrestling game? Ahhhh, who cares... I'll probably skip it over for the music game anyway ;) If that's good it is never leaving my cab!

-Nick

roker
10-08-2003, 04:16 AM
Well, what we do know is there will be guaranteed a "new" fighter coming out for the Neo Geo MVS in either March/April of 2004. When we say "new" we mean it's not another KOF, another Samurai Shodown, another SVC...or another World Heroes.

I don't know, when he says "new" I'm thinking a new series.

I think your seeing what you want to see.

And it is definately a fighter.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for a LB3 or Garou 2, but I'm thinking a completely new fighter, maybe with a guest appearance from fighters we know.

I'm thinking that's why he said something about dreams becoming a reality.

Gamefan
10-08-2003, 02:59 PM
I could be way off here, but would it not be awesome if it were some fighter that contained characters from Magaician Lord, Robo Army, and say LOSJ?

GAMEFAN:buttrock:

RabbitTroop
10-08-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Gamefan
I could be way off here, but would it not be awesome if it were some fighter that contained characters from Magaician Lord, Robo Army, and say LOSJ?

The Magician Lord should have been in SvsC... it would have been a great addition to the character lineup, and fit in very well.

-Nick

roker
10-08-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by nruva
The Magician Lord should have been in SvsC... it would have been a great addition to the character lineup, and fit in very well.

-Nick

Magician Lord vs. Tabasa
:buttrock:

Evil Wasabi
10-08-2003, 03:25 PM
Real Bout 3 !!! :D

I seriously doubt it will be Real Bout 3, but I really wish it was.
Most likely Garou 2, I would say.

Edit: But when I read the first post of this thread, I thought it would be a totally new series, as it's already been mentioned in the thread by Fygee.

tbogard99
10-08-2003, 03:33 PM
I remember reading a rumor about 4 or 5 years back about a possible Samurai Shodown vs. Last Blade game dubbed "The King of Blades". Although highly unlikely that would be awesome if a game like that was made.

Evil Wasabi
10-08-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by tbogard99
I remember reading a rumor about 4 or 5 years back about a possible Samurai Shodown vs. Last Blade game dubbed "The King of Blades". Although highly unlikely that would be awesome if a game like that was made.

Just a couple of months after the release of Samurai Shodown 5, that's unlikely...

tsukaesugi
10-08-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Fygee
TRIEU said that it would be a completely new fighter, not a sequel to a current series. So don't get your hopes up about this being Garou 2 or LB3 (not that it wouldn't surprise me if they were working on that as well).

Eolith's

D A R K

A W A K E

Pantarou
10-08-2003, 04:36 PM
How would that be... An RPG like Secret of Mana on the Neo... with an special memory card too :D

tsukaesugi
10-08-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Pantarou
How would that be... An RPG like Secret of Mana on the Neo... with an special memory card too :D

Nah, it's a new fantasy based fighter that Eolith is putting out.

Dark Awake is a fantasy style 2D fighter game developed by a Korean company, Eolith, and published by Taito. The graphics are distinctly different from traditional fighters, as the characters seem to be somewhat influenced by The Lord of the Rings and the art style that complements it.

The selection of characters includes an archer, a warrior, and a mage. Races include elves, trolls, and orcs. The game system adopts the striker system from SNK's King of Fighters 2000 but with a bit of a new arrangement. At the beginning of each stage in Dark Awake, the player can select a character to be his playable character. The player can replace them with an item, such as a healing potion or an invisible cloak. Items have many uses and can be used multiple times in a round. If the characters are not replaced by items, they can be called out to assist the player.

Also unique to Dark Awake is that characters on both the winner and loser's side rotate to the next fighter when a round ends.

Taito will also be publishing a puzzle game from developer Aiky named "Pocchitto Nyaa" which features falling pieces of blocks in the shape of cats and dogs that must be erased. The method of erasing the block pieces is to set them into a row and simply wait for a shining piece of the same color to come falling, but in order to receive a high score, the player must make branches extending out of each row. A higher score can be achieved when there are more branches extending out from a single row of blocks.

http://www.gamespot.com/arcade/driving/clubkart/news_6074978.html

Evil Wasabi
10-09-2003, 01:49 PM
tsukaesugi: I had already heard about that game something like 1 month ago, are you sure that's the "secret" game we're talking about here ?
It could just be ANOTHER fighting game...

Below The Radar
10-09-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Gamefan

Magician Lord? Impossible. ML is Alpha Denshi property.

Man now that we're talking about dream games, I made this thread in the Creative Forums about Ikari 4.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65997

Check it out.

Oh yeah, a Crystalis 2 would look tight on the Neo.

Evil Wasabi
10-09-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Pantarou
I already replied after you said that, but yeah, I'd definitely love that too. I was hoping they'd make a similar game for NGPC before it died...

Also, it's supposed to be a new FIGHTER, so that kills all hopes for an RPG game. :p
Plus, RPG and NeoGeo/arcade don't fit together.
There might have been a similar game on Neo CD, but not on NeoGeo...

Anywaaaaay... Seiken Densetsu forever ! :buttrock:

Pantarou
10-09-2003, 04:43 PM
Well elts see then how this new fantasy fighter will be.I always liked the weapon throw at Kabuki Klash btw ^_^

Anywaaaaay... Seiken Densetsu forever !
Yeah!

tsukaesugi
10-09-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Inazuma
tsukaesugi: I had already heard about that game something like 1 month ago, are you sure that's the "secret" game we're talking about here ?
It could just be ANOTHER fighting game...

It's just a guess... I did read somewhere that Dark Awake was going to be on MVS, but a) I can't remember where I read it, and b) it might have just been a rumor anyway.

Giby
10-09-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by tsukaesugi
It's just a guess... I did read somewhere that Dark Awake was going to be on MVS, but a) I can't remember where I read it, and b) it might have just been a rumor anyway.

Isn't Dark Awake coming out in Nov or Dec?