New Neo Fighter this March/April

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
From s-c.com:

No, no, it's not SVC 2, at least we don't think so. It wouldn't be news if it were. SVC 2, as most of us should know, is expected, so what's this all about?

Well, what we do know is there will be guaranteed a "new" fighter coming out for the Neo Geo MVS in either March/April of 2004. When we say "new" we mean it's not another KOF, another Samurai Shodown, another SVC...or another World Heroes.

We have our guesses and all we can say at this time is "Not a Match", but "Be Excited!!!" Be very excited, that is. The time has finally come.

We still have Metal Slug 5 (October/November MVS Release), and KOF 2003 (December MVS Release) to look forward to, but the thought of more great projects by SNK Playmore really has us drooling.

All we can say is...thank you Mr. Kawasaki for continuing your passion of giving us fighting games for the Neo Geo MVS.

The 16-Bit (Neo Geo) beast never wants to give up.

BTW, Metal Slug 5 will make you forget about MS4 real fast.

-trieu

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Awesome news, and super interesting.
What's with that hint...?
Be excited?...

Hmm...

NeoGoaT

Mickey's Coach
Could it be Las .... no, it couldn't. Could it? Damn Vinh and his cryptic frigging clues. Is there a 2D programming team on the planet that could do justice to a 3rd episode of the Gekka no Kenshi series?

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Is he implying that it's totally new? i.e never released before on the Neo-Geo (like Matrimelee).

Or is he implying that it's "new" in the sense that it's something we've not heard of previously - like a Last Blade 3... or perhaps a sequel to Ninja Masters?

May be it's a Guilty Gear game or the next Street Fighter sequel?? ;) :loco:

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
A TOTALLY new game for the Neo? Not a sequel?
If that's true, it is some awesome news!:buttrock: :drool:

Another genere could have been greater for the Neo IMO, but seeing the lack of original 2D fighters nowadays on any platform, it's just great news.

I can't wait to see some more info on that...

[OCEAN]

NeoGoaT

Mickey's Coach
Well, he says "The time has finally come" which implies that it's a game weve been waiting for for a long time. He also discounts KOF, SS, SvsC and WH which leaves, well not much, Last Blade 3 or AOF 4 from the established series, maybe MOTW 2.

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Since "new" is in quotation marks, I don't think he means a brand spanking new series, but obviously a continuation of beloved title or series.

Sorry kids, I'm completely ruling out Art of Fighting 4.

It's either Mark of the Wolves 2 or Last Blade 3. :buttrock:

Hide

Banned
I want a LB3!!!

MOTW can wait!

LB fans have waited too longggggggg!!!

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
can you feel the RAGE? (again? :spock: )

'RAGE2 - we felt the first title was so critically acclaimed we made a sequel'

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
This is the first time I've seen people asking for a new Last Blade. Most Last Blade fans I know, including myself, don't think the series needs another title. Also I don't think Playmore could pull it off.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
someone finally speaks sense.

EvilMike said:
This is the first time I've seen people asking for a new Last Blade. Most Last Blade fans I know, including myself, don't think the series needs another title. Also I don't think Playmore could pull it off.

Part of me feels that I hope it is not LB3, MOTW2, etc b/c SNKP WILL screw it up.

A fresh new fighter, with a new cast, new premises, zoom, lots of parallax ... that would be fine indeed.

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
I don't know about you but a new Garou would sure get me intrested. :glee:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
lets see,

they had to squeeze the shit out of the machine to get it to do garou, involving each char being constructed of lotsandlots of sprites, this type of dedication and effort expended simply doesn't exist any more, see how ROTD doesn't even work on some MVS boards. real QA testing there.

but MOTW2? sure, it'll be fantastic,

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Save this link, refer to this thread in april.

It's Garou 2.. you can bet your house, life, paycheck and first born on it.

Garou 2... take it to the bank.

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Amix said:
We have our guesses and all we can say at this time is "Not a Match", but "Be Excited!!!" Be very excited, that is. The time has finally come. [/i]

HOLY SHIT! This either has to be LB3 or MOTW2, there is no other game that can make me say the time has come other than when SVC came out.

Please if there is a God this will happen.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Well I'd be surprised if it was a completely new game, since everything SNKP has come out with has been a sequel even if ROTD and Matrimelee are only half sequels. But likely I'm going with Garou 2 since that was also rumored under development when SNK shut down. I'm guessing since he put new in parentheses that it isn't original. Still a sequel just to a series Playmore has done 'justice' to yet.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Amix said:
Because he said it wasn't.

What is their only other "MONEY" game on the neo, series wise? One that we would be excited for?

Garou 2, without a doubt.

It would also, I believe, be the 10th fatal fury game released for the arcade.. making another landmark accomplishment for the Neo.

So, hey.. there you go.

The hints are all staring you in the face...

Robert

20 Year Member
I was born in april so it will be a perfect birthday's gift.