PDA

View Full Version : Art Of Fighting 3 Mvs Kits AT The Neo Store!

games91999
09-20-2003, 10:15 PM
noticed that the neo store has brand new art of fighting 3 mvs kits. FOR ANYONE WHO DOESN'T HAVE THIS, GET IT, THE GAME IS ONE OF THE BEST I'VE PLAYED!!

roker
09-20-2003, 10:20 PM
I'd buy it if I still had my cab. Not because I particularly like the game, but because it is complete and new.

c.t.h
09-20-2003, 10:20 PM
Is that were you got the one you're selling on ebay?

I might bid on it, seems to be going cheap :drool:

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew
09-20-2003, 11:51 PM
Bought the last one that MD had a few months ago for $50. :buttrock:

games91999
09-21-2003, 12:07 AM
c.t.h.

the one i currently own is practically new, but i would rather sell that one and use the money to buy a totally new kit, i don't see anything wrong with that do you?

Kazuya_UK
09-21-2003, 04:43 AM
I'd be tempted, but I also grabbed a kit off MDGames a few months back for $45. The game rocks, I'm surprised it actually took me that long to actually buy it myself :)

Kaz

Mokum
09-21-2003, 05:53 AM
Brand new stuff is always so... yum! :drool:

Evil Wasabi
09-21-2003, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by the roker
I'd buy it if I still had my cab. Not because I particularly like the game, but because it is complete and new.
That's how most people here are like. Owning is more important than playing to them.

Mokum
09-21-2003, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Stifu
That's how most people here are like. Owning is more important than playing to them.

So what?

Evil Wasabi
09-21-2003, 06:36 AM
Just stating facts.
I just thought SNK made games so they can be played, not to stay on some shelf collecting dust.

Some people even buy super expensive games they don't dare play because they paid a lot for them, they wouldn't want to damage them... They should open a museum instead of claiming they're gamers.

Mokum
09-21-2003, 06:39 AM
Hmm... ever heard of "collectors"?

Try to do a quick search on these boards, you'd find something about them pretty quickly...

Evil Wasabi
09-21-2003, 06:43 AM
I'm a collector myself, but I only buy games I actually intend to play. And that I think I'm going to enjoy.

Mokum
09-21-2003, 06:46 AM
... And so I do.

I'm still missing the point... What's wrong with buying a copy of LoSJ for collecing purpose?

games91999
09-21-2003, 06:48 AM
okay, about the collecting/playing contest going on here. i think its cool when people get into games to collect, but i also agree that while collecting, playing them isn't all that bad as long as you take care of your game and don't throw it around like some 2.00 game you rented. if you pay 500.00 for mark of the wolves (example) you better play that thing OR at least buy a crappy conditioned version to play. thats my take...oh and by the way....
art of fighting 3 is a GREAT GAME!!!

Evil Wasabi
09-21-2003, 06:48 AM
Nothing wrong with it, even if it's far from being the best game ever... Unless you get it for a mad price.
And if I had to buy that game, I'd play it and finish it even if it sucks.

Electroman
09-21-2003, 07:30 AM
Just stating facts.
I just thought SNK made games so they can be played, not to stay on some shelf collecting dust.

Some people even buy super expensive games they don't dare play because they paid a lot for them, they wouldn't want to damage them... They should open a museum instead of claiming they're gamers.

Oh well ahem according to ng.com's competing forums out in cyberspace, we are nothing but collectors anyway:spock:

k'_127
09-21-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Mokum
... And so I do.

I'm still missing the point... What's wrong with buying a copy of LoSJ for collecing purpose?

if there was 500 copies for a game, and each 5 copies of this game ended up in a collector shelves just to syay there forever, 400 gamers would miss the chance to own this game.

not to mention that it woud rise the price (which can't be good) and "MOST" these collectors know nothing about the game itself.

Mokum
09-21-2003, 07:38 AM
Oh come on this is a non-sense!

I'm not stating collectors are better than gamers (I was a collector myself and now I'm just re-buying only those games I do play), but they can do whatever they want! If they love Neo stuff but don't have time to play or just like to see it on their shelf... well, I think it's just plain legit.
How can you blame someone who loves Neo stuff but don't wanna play it? Sure vg's are made to play them, but if a collector loves the NGH counterpart and fear to play it... well, I find it plain legit once again.

SNKJorge
09-21-2003, 09:31 AM
Just stating facts.

The thing is that, every individual on these forums has his/her own
money, and they decide what to spend it on. After they get an
item with the money they can burn it if they want, after all
it was their money eh?

tsukaesugi
09-21-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by xtoo_short20x
The thing is that, every individual on these forums has his/her own
money, and they decide what to spend it on. After they get an
item with the money they can burn it if they want, after all
it was their money eh?

That's what NGF did with their stamps.

Evil Wasabi
09-21-2003, 10:30 AM
I didn't say you shouldn't be allowed to do that, or that you should do something else with your money...
But I still think it's a bit stupid.

You got the games now, why not play them ?

And Mokum, I do not think some collectors don't play their games because they don't have enough time for that.
They'd just rather spend their time cleaning their games and making sure they're all perfect looking, or something. _
I know this is a bit stereotyped, and that collectors don't do that everyday (I HOPE so at least)... But hmmm...

If collectors are afraid of damaging their games, or scratching them etc, maybe they could play their games on emulators ?
This way they could enjoy their games and not make their collection "decay" (*ahem*)... _

Although I think playing games on a computer is less enjoyable than playing the real thing... Be it just for pads and because emulation is not always perfect...

Now that I mentioned emulation, I guess tooshort will be tempted to call me a pirate or something, but that doesn't bother me.

beelzebubble
09-21-2003, 10:44 AM
hey stifu as long as they dont condescend to you coz of the size of their collections then what the fuck does it matter? you were the one who brought it up then proceeded to say what they are doing is in "your opinion" stupid.

you are of course entitled to express your opinion, if i told you not to id be being hypocritical but on the other hand dont expect to make friends or get anything but the coldest reception with an attitude like the one you displayed above.

?

tsukaesugi
09-21-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by beelzebubble
hey stifu as long as they dont condescend to you coz of the size of their collections then what the fuck does it matter? you were the one who brought it up then proceeded to say what they are doing is in "your opinion" stupid.

you are of course entitled to express your opinion, if i told you not to id be being hypocritical but on the other hand dont expect to make friends or get anything but the coldest reception with an attitude like the one you displayed above.

?

Naah man, I'll stand up for Stifu here.

I understand what he's saying.

It's dumb to own a game you never intend to play.

beeze, I'm not dissing you here, cause I know you do play your games...

However, I think it's quite retarded that some 'collectors' buy a copy of both the Japanese and US versions of a cart.

All that means is someone, somewhere, can't get their hand on a cart just cause someone else feels compelled to buy both copies.

Like Stifu said man,

SNK games were meant to be played.

[edit: spelling]

Average Joe
09-21-2003, 11:40 AM
Blackspy:

Stifu > AM NeoGeo

Evil Wasabi
09-21-2003, 11:49 AM
Wow, I'm getting backed up, that gotta be the first time it happens here. :rolleyes:

Although I'm not sure being superior to AM NeoGeo is that much of a compliment.

tsukaesugi
09-21-2003, 11:52 AM
Wow, I'm getting backed up, that gotta be the first time it happens here. :rolleyes:

Although I'm not sure being superior to AM NeoGeo is that much of a compliment.

Pas du probleme, mon ami.

Stifu > most of the other members who have joined in the last six months

Evil Wasabi
09-21-2003, 11:54 AM
Merci toi. :D

k'_127
09-21-2003, 12:33 PM
there is a big difference between taking care of your games and buying games just to keep them as a collection.

I myself collect games and take good care of them, but I don't keep them there in the closet just to stare at them everyday. and I don't own 314,648,614,387 copies of each game.

really, what's the point of keeping more than one copy of a game, if you are using only one of them. at most, I'll keep a mint+ copy as a collection, and another cart/cd only for playing ....... that's unless it's a rare game.

@ too_short: man ...... woulden't you be mad if I preordered all the SvC (or whatever you like) home carts and burnt them all?

Evil Wasabi
09-21-2003, 12:48 PM
Actually I *DO* have double copies of some games... NGPC ones.
But that's to play in link mode.

Magnaflux
09-21-2003, 12:54 PM
I love Art of Fighting 3. The visuals are tops, the engine is very unique, and the music is the best of all. I really like the smooth animation, I've had several people comment on the looks of the game. If you don't own aof3, you really should pick it up especially if you're not a hard core fighting fan. Aof3 is a bit simpler than other fighters and is pretty easy to get into.

Evil Wasabi
09-21-2003, 01:08 PM
I just don't like the gameplay, neither most of the new characters.

As for gameplay, is it not possible to do crouch + kick to make your opponent fall ? It didn't seem to work for me, my character would just do a shitty kick.
Also, doing crouch + random attack sometime makes your character stand back up then attack, I don't like that either.

Amano Jacu
09-21-2003, 01:20 PM
Well, I've never liked that game nor the saga, definately it's not worth 95$ at all.

By the way, I find the MVS prices in the neostore to live in another planet. ROTD 44$ and SDB 99$ are very cheap (well, we all know the story on those two), but Shock Troopers 2 165$ and Zupapa 89$ are just insane.

This was supposed to be constructive critic.

KaedesBlade
09-21-2003, 01:24 PM
Wow $95 for the kit, I didn't know that game was worth that much. I bought my for $45 from Trieuminator months ago.

Evil Wasabi
09-21-2003, 01:25 PM
Zupapa is more recent than Super Dodge Ball, and its price is lower... Just because that kind of games appeal to few people doesn't mean they should make them a lot less expensive.

It must cost about as much for them to make those 2 games, I guess, although I'm no expert in that field.

Amano Jacu
09-21-2003, 01:46 PM
Zupapa is more recent than Super Dodge Ball, and its price is lower... Just because that kind of games appeal to few people doesn't mean they should make them a lot less expensive.

It must cost about as much for them to make those 2 games, I guess, although I'm no expert in that field.

Prices are based on supply and demand, so the rarity is much more important than the release date, specially in complete MVS kits.

Super Dodgeball was very rare thus very expensive, but now that a lot of them surfaced in Barcelona and are sold in the Neostore its price has dropped to 99$. However Zupapa has always been a very common title (and it's always sold complete) and you can get it for 50$ easily.

And yes, as I said I also find AoF 3 at 95$ very expensive, specially for a non-outstanding game IMHO.

beelzebubble
09-21-2003, 06:10 PM
However, I think it's quite retarded that some 'collectors' buy a copy of both the Japanese and US versions of a cart.

hey i totally agree. never said i didnt. just i dont see the point in expressing that kind of opinion on a message board unless someone straight out asks me.. "what do you think?"

SNKJorge
09-21-2003, 06:28 PM
Again for those of you who don't seem to understand.
I can buy any x or y game. It is my right and only my
right to decide what to do with the games regardless.

I bought
them I can eat them, burn them, play them, give them away
etc....

Stop this stupid shitty envy and ignorance already.:rolleyes:

AND just for the record, if you don't like the NeoStore prices,
DON"T BUY! easy as that, and make sure to STFU.:glee:

Evil Wasabi
09-21-2003, 06:37 PM

I bought
etc....

Would you eat a U11 if I paid you 1k over the buying price ;)

Anyhow, I don't care what you do to buy as many games as you want. Although I do find it funny how many MSX's you and Tarma own combined.

games91999
09-21-2003, 06:39 PM

I bought
etc....

i have to say that i started this thread because i like the game and think its worth buying especially BRAND NEW from the neo store. i have to say that i totally agree with xt00_short20x and what he says. i use to collect only and found that wasn't my cup of tea and so now i collect/play, etc. I THINK ANYONE, I MEAN ANYONE, WHO BUYS NEO GAMES (collectible/non-collectible) HAS TO SOME DEGREE BE BUYING THEM TO COLLECT, OTHERWISE WE WOULDN'T PAY THE MONEY WE DO AND BUY THE GAMES WE BUY!! so again, xtoo_short is totally right, buy what you want, do want you want with it and for the last time, PLEASE SOMEONE JUST SAY SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT THE DAMN GAME!! its a good game, buy it, thanks.!!!:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Underdog
09-21-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by games91999
I THINK ANYONE, I MEAN ANYONE, WHO BUYS NEO GAMES (collectible/non-collectible) HAS TO SOME DEGREE BE BUYING THEM TO COLLECT, OTHERWISE WE WOULDN'T PAY THE MONEY WE DO AND BUY THE GAMES WE BUY!!

Not necessarily. Ports are usually missing something (no let's not get into the "inferior ports" debate again), someone can consider it worth paying extra to have the original instead of the cheaper versions without any desire to collect.

PS: Less caps plzkthx ;)

SNKJorge
09-21-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by lithy
Would you eat a U11 if I paid you 1k over the buying price ;)

Anyhow, I don't care what you do to buy as many games as you want. Although I do find it funny how many MSX's you and Tarma own combined.

Metal Slug X is an amazing game, and it does not deserve to
be floating around...

Mokum
09-21-2003, 08:27 PM
My opinion is that a so called "gamer" should have loads of cash to throw on Neo games. This way he'd discover that collecting Neo games for the only purpose of watching them is plain legit (once more) and it's not stupid.

I know yours is just an opinion but so is mine.

I repeat: I once bought loads of games without playing any, while I' buying only those I'm gonna play now... I felt what a collector feels and how a gamer looks at "collectors" and I just think every way you look at the Neo world is just fucking legit :D

I see there's too much "racism" about collectors... ;)

And, Stifu, trust me: while I enjoy playing the Neo I really have no time to do it...

3.26 a.m. now here... 'nite all ;)

striderpunk
09-22-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Electroman
Oh well ahem according to ng.com's competing forums out in cyberspace, we are nothing but collectors anyway:spock:

and they suck my balls

BlindDrunk
09-23-2003, 04:21 PM
With regards to MVS kit prices, supply & demand.. I see the Matrimelee MVS kit has sold out and that was $365 (If I remember correctly).

And I like the bit on s-c that the home cart Kizuna might be a fake - that would hurt If you had paid the insane price for it.

The_Chosen_One
09-23-2003, 04:28 PM
Sooooo anyways, Art of Fighting 3 is a badass game. For those of you who don't own it you should. And Shawn is an awesome guy to deal with so it's doubly great that you can get it from him.

galvatron
09-23-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by KaedesBlade
Wow $95 for the kit, I didn't know that game was worth that much. I bought my for $45 from Trieuminator months ago.

Me too...

As for the side debate: I don't really get any joy from collecting, but if someone does then good for them. Too_short's right on that one...if you buy it then you can do whatever you want to with it.

Underdog
09-23-2003, 04:41 PM
Playing devil's advocate here..

If people who paid for a cart can do whatever they want with it, conversions are perfectly legit. Sure, it destroys a cart, but they paid for it so it's their call right?

Now, I don't think that's exactly true. But someone buying half a dozen of a game for their collection does the same thing as making a conversion: Takes more of that game off the market needlessly.

games91999
09-25-2003, 12:33 AM
with all that has been said about collecting and not collecting, etc. THE POINT IS even though some think the price is high, the game is new/complete and A KICK ASS GAME, SO BUY IT FROM SHAWN!!! THANKS:buttrock:

Loefye
09-25-2003, 01:57 AM
Metal Slug X is an amazing game, and it does not deserve to
be floating around...

Yeah, it doesn't deserve to be floating around so that other will have a chance to own a copy as well, does it Jorgey? ;) :tickled:

Hopefully I can find myself a copy of MSX when I go to Japan in a few months.

tsukaesugi
09-25-2003, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by mikace01
Yeah, it doesn't deserve to be floating around so that other will have a chance to own a copy as well, does it Jorgey? ;) :tickled:

Hopefully I can find myself a copy of MSX when I go to Japan in a few months.

Hit me up with a PM before you go, me, eight one, and RBJake will give you the Akihabara tour.

galvatron
09-25-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Underdog
Playing devil's advocate here..

If people who paid for a cart can do whatever they want with it, conversions are perfectly legit. Sure, it destroys a cart, but they paid for it so it's their call right?

Now, I don't think that's exactly true. But someone buying half a dozen of a game for their collection does the same thing as making a conversion: Takes more of that game off the market needlessly.

Within the law, of course....I thought that went without saying. Conversions are illegal since they violate copyrights.