Capcom vs. SNK

ravenmgs

Armored Scrum Object
Will this game ever be avaible on cart? If not why not! And wTF doesn't capcom make some games for the neogeo!

zz99

Because effectively (even though I hate to admit it) the Neo-Geo is DEAD !
frown.gif

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
Agreed, as I hate to admit it the Neo is dead and is only around because of hardcores like us. I guess the best bet is to buy a SugerGun/SuperNova with a JAMMA board that playes the latest Capcom games.

------------------
ss2_jubeistand.gif

"You lack dedication...try again!!"

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
....or Dreamcast....hehe

------------------
ss2_jubeistand.gif

"You lack dedication...try again!!"

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
The Neo Geo is not dead (e.g. SNK - The Future Is Now!)
--Shaper MC
BUY MVS ONLY!!!

ravenmgs

Armored Scrum Object
it is NOT dead, reason... METAL SLUG 3! and KOF 2000! Thoes games are FUCKING new! I happen to own an dreamcast, but the fact is it sucks dog cock next to a NEO-GEO as far as haveing any felling at all of being "authentic", not some hacked up the ass home conversion with 1,000 of addons that I realy don't care about and it just clutters up the screen and looks nasty. And then there is the Joy pad, I realy dont feel like slaughtering one of my neogeo joy pads and converting it to a DC pad so I can get a decent feel for a fighter. The NeoGeo is not dead, and try to name one system that has stuck it out 10 years. You can't because there is no 10year old system whith lagitament games being made for it. I think it would be supreamo kick-o-ass-o if capcom released a limited print of marvel v.s. caocom 2 or snk v.s. capcom ---- I know i can't spell so don't mention it

[This message has been edited by ravenmgs (edited March 14, 2001).]

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ravenmgs:
it is NOT dead, reason... METAL SLUG 3! and KOF 2000! Thoes games are FUCKING new! I happen to own an dreamcast, but the fact is it sucks dog cock next to a NEO-GEO as far as haveing any felling at all of being "authentic", not some hacked up the ass home conversion with 1,000 of addons that I realy don't care about and it just clutters up the screen and looks nasty. And then there is the Joy pad, I realy dont feel like slaughtering one of my neogeo joy pads and converting it to a DC pad so I can get a decent feel for a fighter. The NeoGeo is not dead, and try to name one system that has stuck it out 10 years. You can't because there is no 10year old system whith lagitament games being made for it. I think it would be supreamo kick-o-ass-o if capcom released a limited print of marvel v.s. caocom 2 or snk v.s. capcom ---- I know i can't spell so don't mention it

[This message has been edited by ravenmgs (edited March 14, 2001).]

Dude, I love the Neo, but c'mon, Marvel vs Capcom 2 on the Neo? The Neo is a very powerful peice of hardware, even after 10 years, but certain things are just better left the way there are. btw - there really isnt anything wrong the DC port of MvC2..

dragynchylde

Cheng's Errand Boy
it will never happen. It would look evil on the neo(forgive me). The dc snk characters are redrawn with more resolution than their neo incarnations. Also some, if not all of the special effects would not work on neo geo. Sorry. Don't get me started on mvc 2.

------------------

ravenmgs

Armored Scrum Object
NeoGeo carts cost enough as is, it probably wonldn't take to much more effort to stuff some new componets into a cart of ample size. Also.... I know it probably is an badidea.... but maby a 32X style addon would be nice ....please don't hit me.. ::crouches with head covered:::

Ash

Bashful Lurker, ,

Get real. The dreamcast is an amazing piece of kit and while the SNK conversions may not be up to much there are still some fantastic games. Here's a list (although I think you know them already)

Crazy Taxi
Shenmue
Jet Set Radio
Quake 3
Phantasy Star Online
Grandia 2
MSR

As far as good beat-em-ups go there's always

MvsC2
CvsS
Dead or Alive 2
Virtua Fighter 3
Vampire Chronicle
SF Zero 3
Soul Calibur

The Dreamcast is the best living machine for beat-em-ups and if you don't like the pad then buy an arcade stick. They're much better than even the Neo ones.

Oh and you challenged us to name a system that's survived for ten years. Well how about the Gameboy. Its in its twelth year now.

So there.

[This message has been edited by Ash (edited March 15, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Ash (edited March 15, 2001).]

zz99

I agree

The dreamcast arcade stick is a sturdy piece of kit.

Just look at the amount of Capcom games for the system, I reckon it's the best "new" system for 2d. Although the KOF conversions aren't up to the Neo-Geo versions.

ravenmgs

Armored Scrum Object
I never said the Dreamcast was not a quality peace of machinery. I do like my Dreamcast, just not for fighters, the fighter conversions concentrate on to many "extras" instead of improving on more pressing things like graphics, gameplay, and more diverse characters. The DC is not "living" it is dead, Sega announced it and the price of a dc dropped to 99 bucks. Now on to your games list..
Crazy Taxi has to be one of the most fun I have ever had playing on my dreamcast, the game is just straight up cool. Sega is good at doing stuff like that. Shenmue
is not all that and more, the game has excellent graphics but the game play and story are enough to bore a person out of their mind. Lots of aimless wondering and boring game play
Jet Set Radio, haven't played it, can't say anything on it.Quake 3, this is a good conversion to a home system but over all it is not a platform game, if you want to play these types of games get an decent computer!
Phantasy Star Online, this game is to addictive! Me and my friend got together and hooked up all our dreamcast to all the different phonelines in the house and played for 4 days solid, some sleep and pizza. How ever the game is nothing more than addictive, the game it's self is poorly done, takes advantage of non of the dreamcast's graphics, (looks like a N64 game) and the actually weapons and level system is the worst I've seen on any RPG. How ever it is quite an accomplishment on a platform system.
Grandia 2, never bought it because of bad reviews, got slammed up one side and down the other.MSR.. what is that??? And youforgot the best one!! Skys of Arcadia! That game is the most pippin rag on the Dreamcast!! And you forgot sonic adventures! Now on to your fighters....

MvsC2, has way to many "extras" with the point system, I hate that, I want more gameplay and less crap cluttering my screen
CvsS, yes this is a god game that's why I want it for my neo geo! Because the DC arcade stick sucks a big one next to the neo geo one! And if you don't think so then why do you even own an neo geo system? The Dreamcast has almost every recent SANK game reproduced for it. Dead or Alive 2, umm you like this game because the "bounce" feature, any game that uses 2 buttons can't get that good admit it. Virtual Fighter 3 this game was a letdown, it wasn't even a full arcade conversion..Vampire Chronicle.. haven't played that..SF Zero 3 and this is ok if you like the old school street fighter style. Soul Caliber, this is kick ass muff said.

In conclusion... I want Capcom games for my NeoGeo, it will never happen, and the DC sucks a big one next to the Neo as far as arcade games go
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by ravenmgs (edited March 16, 2001).]

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
the gameboy is NOT in its twelfth year, The Black and white gameboy was abandoned about a year ago. The Gameboy Color doesn't count, and don't say it does since it's a totally different piece of hardware.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member

CvsS, yes this is a god game that's why I want it for my neo geo! Because the DC arcade stick sucks a big one next to the neo geo one! And if you don't think so then why do you even own an neo geo system? The Dreamcast has almost every recent SANK game reproduced for it.

SNIP

I disagreed with a lost of stuff in this post, but these few lines really bothered me. The DC does not have most recent neo geo games. It has kof98, kof99, and LB2. Now, even if you are 100% satisfied with the conversion quality of these 3 games (and I'm sure many of you out there are like me and hate LB2 and kof98 on DC), there are still a ton of other neo geo games worth playing that weren't ported. And if you look at all the neo ports on all systems, almost all of them pale in comparison to the real thing. That's probably the biggest reason people own neo geos. They are a fan of a certain SNK series or game and to get the best version available they have to own one.

That's why people have a neo. Not because they like the neo geo sticks better then everything else. Let's face it, the neo geo sticks aren't the king of the hill anymore. There are lots of sticks out there now that rival and even surpass the neo sticks in quality.

And for the record, DC is far from dead. They might have ceased console production, but game production will go on for at least another year, and with titles like Planet Harriers coming out, the future is looking pretty bright.

Matt

dragynchylde

Cheng's Errand Boy
You have no clue, do you? Crazy taxi is fun but has no gameplay? A story? You are a taxi driver! Is that too complicated? Phantasy star looks like a N64 game? You are surely going blind. NO N64 game looks like that, and few ps2 games look any better. The bright shining light of your ignorance is blinding me.

As for extras in fighting games, don't use them then! Honestly you are the only person I've heard of bitching about too many extras. More than your tiny mind can handle eh?

Congratulations! Your idiot of the year award is in the mail. Go back to your ps1 and leave the thinking to people with IQs.
Moron.

edited so I could add a paragraph more of ranting.

[This message has been edited by dragynchylde (edited March 15, 2001).]

cox_xoc

Mr. Big's Thug
Geez none of you pointed out the most obvious fact that both MvsC2 and SNKvsCapcom were made for the Naomi (dreamcast) arcade board! Whether anyone likes to admit it or not, the neo can no longer do as much as the new arcade boards, especially meaning how both games have 3d parts ala naomi. The neo can't do that. If you really want the experiance, buy it on naomi and play it in a jamma cab.

------------------
svcm_orochiioristance.gif

MVS is eternal...but I love my Pocket.

chainsawyak

Raiden's Valet
"Geez none of you pointed out the most obvious fact that both MvsC2 and SNKvsCapcom were made for the Naomi (dreamcast) arcade board! Whether anyone likes to admit it or not, the neo can no longer do as much as the new arcade boards, especially meaning how both games have 3d parts ala naomi. The neo can't do that. If you really want the experiance, buy it on naomi and play it in a jamma cab."

Well, NGF "announced" it. That means it has to happen because they are never wrong
wink.gif
I think a Neo Geo version of Capcom vs. SNK is highly unlikely... I wouldn't even really want it to happen, Capcom vs. SNK isn't a very good game. If Capcom was to ever make Neo Geo games, I think they would be better off doing something else, like a new Ghouls and Ghosts game or something...

------------------
~~Thanks
Çhâïñ§åw ¥àK
Tempest X000!!!
My Game Trading Zone Page

"A moment of realization is worth a thousand prayers."

Ash

Bashful Lurker, ,
Capcom have made Neo Geo games. Well if you count the pocket anyway.

ravenmgs

Armored Scrum Object
Pocket doesn't count >
tongue.gif
. Thank you for pointing that out to me, I didn't know that those were made for the DC arcade board, I do have a jamma carbonate but games for it are extremely hard to find around here, know any good sites? Also, the Neo can't do as well as it used to be able to against the competition doesn't mean it can't still hang in. I think 2D games have about reached their peak with the Dreamcast, everything else from here on out will mostly be cell shaded 3D. However the neo geo is a perfectly good system, still, to develop fighters for despite it's lack of 3D abilities. But honestly I think SNK should start pulling a saga an stuff the new hardware into the carts ala Virtual Racing for genesis. I know when saga did it was completely unsuccessful, but SNK is not dealing with a Sega audience, their dealing with people that will shell out $300 for a good game on average. Just a thought . . .

Of course a dumb ass 5th grader with no real argument would point this out. I clearly said "Shenmue is not all that and more, the game has excellent graphics but the game play and story are enough to bore a person out of their mind. Lots of aimless wondering and boring game play" Learn to read before trying to respond!!The reason why I complain about all the extras is because they wasted their time to put something so pointless in like being able to change your characters colors. O WOW I'M GREEN NOW LOOK AT ME! This at best has the power to amuse small children who have to much time to play videogames.PSO has the worst graphics of any recent DC game. I don't know what is worse, the plants in the FMV for Christ sakes that look like bad origami or the fact that you have no fingers! I am used to that in the N64 chartrooms but please, don't bring your moronism to the NeoGeo just because it is a cart system. Go play with your N64 and leave us grownups alone.

I edited it after I read dragynchylde's rude childish responce to my post.

[This message has been edited by ravenmgs (edited March 16, 2001).]

chainsawyak

Raiden's Valet
"Capcom have made Neo Geo games. Well if you count the pocket anyway."

IIRC, SNK made the NGPC games. They licensed the Capcom names and made SNK vs. Capcom: Match of the Millenium and Card Fighters Clash on their own, and Capcom made Capcom vs. SNK Millenium Fight 2000. That's why the respective companies names have top billing in the titles, SNK's game is "SNK vs. Capcom" and Capcom's game is "Capcom vs. SNK". That struck me as kinda silly, SNK vs. Capcom just sounds better, the words flow better.

------------------
~~Thanks
Çhâïñ§åw ¥àK
Tempest X000!!!
My Game Trading Zone Page

"A moment of realization is worth a thousand prayers."

dragynchylde

Cheng's Errand Boy
Nice edit! But I'm still calling you on PSO. No fingers eh? Guess what, most people won't notice or care. They're probably stunned by the superlative texture work, hi-resolution, great character design, and over all tight gameplay. Tell me, if it's such a bad game why play it?

Again with the extras, they're gravy, that's all! Useless or not some people get off on that stuff, leave them to it. I agree with you that much of the extras in capcom games don't significantly enhance the game, but so what? I don't use them either but I don't piss and moan about their inclusion.

Getting back to the original topic, no developer cares enough to even try. As for a 32x style add-on we're talking 16 bit to 128. Even if the system weren't effectivly in mid death rattle they would just make a new system anyway.

I also agree that I was being childish there and I apologize. I'm 1st and formost a sega guy and tend to get a bit overwrought when people hack on them. Sorry

------------------

Shuuchan

Crossed Swords Squire
The reason Marvel vs. Capcom 2 or Snk vs Capcom wont be released on Neo because it can't handle them. The Neo was powerful system when it came out. The Naomi board is SO MUCH MORE POWERFUL THAN NEO GEO IT ISN"T FUNNY! In fact the Saturn is more powerful than the Neo Geo also(check out games like Rayman) The Neo Geo looks good because SNK put so much effort into their games, technologically the Neo is quite weak compared to new consoles.

PSO look like N64! WTF are you veiwing it on a 40 year old black and white TV with dog shit smeared on the screen!?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It won't be released on the cart system , because it was not done by SNK. Capcom did the majority of the programming and it was not released on MVS format. Thus, there would never be a cart release, unless SNK wanted to rewrite the whole game for MVS.

------------------
last9.gif