Arcade's! adapter

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Arcade's adapter arrived today via Federal Express. We've been testing this adapter since 1:09pm today (its 7:50pm right now; almost 7 hours) and all is well. =) We need to get MS3 MVS before we can
render a final verdict, but the adapter is real nonetheless. Arcade! has 1) proven he is
truthful 2) that his adapter exists and 3) compatibility isn't an issue so far. Even when MS3 arrives at our office for evaluation on the adapter, we seriously doubt that there will be any problems. More as it develops.

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
neonews.cjb.net

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited January 11, 2001).]

Todd

Galford's Armourer
Did you test the other protected carts such as Strikers or Ganryu and so on? If they work ill probably be in the market for one of them.

------------------
24221248.gif

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
LOLZ todd so you like the moriya ??? and you like my new signature i made it myself
smile.gif

------------------
AnimationWizard2.gif

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by Todd:
Did you test the other protected carts such as Strikers or Ganryu and so on? If they work ill probably be in the market for one of them.

Not yet, but we will!
biggrin.gif

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
neonews.cjb.net

Todd

Galford's Armourer
Sweat PrOzErG i have to fool around with some stuff i dont have time to fool around and make interesting signitures.

------------------
24221248.gif

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

I HAVE NO DOUBTS ABOUT THE CONVERTER!!

[This message has been edited by DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL (edited January 11, 2001).]

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Correct me if I'm mistaken... but I think I recall seeing a pic of that adapter where it looked like there were 2 AV outs on the side, can you confirm this NeoLord?

If so has it been explained what the purpose of these AV outs are? Struck me as a little odd.

Todd

Galford's Armourer
Suposedly they are supposed to be stereo outputs i beleive.

------------------
24221248.gif

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Yes, there are 2 stereo outs on the adapter, and they do not work on my Neo (serial 231xxx). I have been told that for people with old Neos, they can use these outputs for stereo sound in place of using the headphone jack, if the neo is not modded. All that would need to be done to get them to work on my neo is a mod on the board. JMKurtz is probably nore qualified to answer this than I.

So far, no problems, I have briefly played Strikers, Ganryu, and PI2. (I also received mine today!)

Very well constructed piece!

I will test more this weekend (I have nearly 100 items on Ebay ending in 1 hour!).

Kudos to !Arcade! Solutions!

The Neo Geo has now entered the 21st century of gaming!
smile.gif

------------------
Keith

mmlink.gif

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Thanks for the great news. though I have a converter already, guess I will have to foot the bill and get this one too.

------------------
ff318s.jpg

Ok!

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Would some one please be kind enough to tell me how to insert a picture or animation after my post? (Sorry to be off topic) Thank you very much.

-Ukyo

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by Geddon_jt:
Correct me if I'm mistaken... but I think I recall seeing a pic of that adapter where it looked like there were 2 AV outs on the side, can you confirm this NeoLord?

If so has it been explained what the purpose of these AV outs are? Struck me as a little odd.

The jacks output the clearest sound that I have ever heard from my Neo-Geo system. Every sound is distinctive and clear!

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
neonews.cjb.net

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Hey, thanks alot Lord Illicious!

[This message has been edited by Ukyo (edited January 11, 2001).]

KainDC

New Challenger
I just have one question. If you have Debug chip installed in your Home system, will you able to use the dip switch? or Call out KOF 2000's last boss Zero, something like that?

thanks.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Hey, just trying the UBB code...thanks.

ukyy8.jpg

[This message has been edited by Ukyo (edited January 11, 2001).]

S

Silent_Scope

cool......I might get one ASAP.........
no need to spend $300 + for MS 3 and MS X.....ha

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
The recently released games are still expensive. For ex, MS3 goes well over $200 and MSX abit over $100 on ebay. But still, for the most part, places like Cosmico are cheaper.

Now that I am thinking, I wonder if the new games that are rumored to come out to MVS will have diffrent encryption, thus not compatible w/ Arcade's converter. I hope not. I might have to wait a bit longer, I guess. I already have a fairly good converter. Don't want to spend $400 to play couple of games past 98. I have fair amount of those as home carts anyways...But to those who don't already have a converter, this is a good deal.

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

Neo Fan

King's Dry Cleaner
Originally posted by KainDC:
I just have one question. If you have Debug chip installed in your Home system, will you able to use the dip switch? or Call out KOF 2000's last boss Zero, something like that?

thanks.

I was wondering the same thing. Does it turn the mvs game into a home cart (uses mod chip switches, etc.) or can't those options be accessed in an mvs game playing in a home system?

Anthony

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Hmm...I am only guessing, but it shouldn't really matter, since it's actually using the Neo Geo home system bios.

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

Robert

20 Year Member
with this kind of adapters,more people will buy recent games (like MS3,as you said Neolord)because they are cheaper than the Neo cart.But,I would like to see it because I have never seen one,even if lot of peoples speak about it.So,if someone has a picture of this adapter,it would be glad.