I called SNK and EEI, long.

F

frogman

Reading through everything I decided I would do something to find out the truth. I called SNK offices in Japan last night and they did confirm that they made an english KoF 2000 AES cartridge. They also referred me to contact NGF-USA if I had any mre questions. They said that NGF was their distributor for America and gave me their phone number (702-256-8401). This morning I called EEI and they said the same thing. EEI said they handle coin operations and that NGF handles all consumer.

It looks like NGF really is official and that the English KoF 2000 is legit. I'm sure other people have called SNK and EEI, but I wanted to come here and post what I found out. I called NGF and spoke to Dion. He told me everything was printed in Japan. He told me to call SNK to verify, and I told him that's where I got his number from. He laughed. I already ordered my english KoF 2000 now. So soon I'll have it. He also told me many people on these forums have ordered the English KoF 2000 AES carts, even a moderator. He wouldn't tell me who, but he told me the person will come forward soon enough. It makes sense too. No way NGF could have gotten the insert, sticker, and manual made and printed before the Japanese version release.

Everything they have been saying has been true and they are official. Why else would NGF keep telling people to call SNK and EEI.
It looks like we all owe NGF an apology. I hope they keep up the good work.

Everyone should call SNK and EEI.

"The frog"

F

frogman

I forgot to mention that NGF said Nightmare in the Dark will be out by the end of Jan and the next game is a fighter. But they didn't have any other details.

"the frog"

thurow

n00b
So what is SNK Japans number and EEI's number I have been emailing, to try to get a supplier or manufacturer for their clamshell cases, but no one replies. I am thinking of having some made instead because of the lack of communication.

Travis

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

AHHHHHHHH FUUUCK YOU!!!!! WE ALL KNOW WHO THIS IS!!!

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
bloodbar.gif

Why dont you post the phone that you called?
Let me show all if the KOF2000 US carts are true or not.

------------------
akuma1.gif

Lord Illicious
Primal Massiah
Soul Reaver

Wu Dan Neo Devil of Illness
bloodbar.gif

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
So if this is all true...where is the Made in Japan on the back of the cart insert?? this has been on every neo cart US and Japanes since King of fighter 98 and maybe before...

no as I said this is just a fan made insert sticker and manuel for a Japanese Neo cart. nothing more...nothing less. And what is up with all these newbies posting verification of this "official cart" hmmmm..

S

Silent_Scope

I called Santa last night and he promised to give me a Japanese version of KOF 2000.
It looks like NCS, therage, Buyrite, and videogamedepot.com really are official places to get and that the Japanese KoF 2000 is legit. I'm sure other people have called SNK and EEI, but I wanted to come here and post
what I found out. I didn't call NGF or speak to Dion. He didn't even reply my email regarding MS 3 and Shock Troopers 2 prices long time ago. He didn't tell me if everything was printed in Japan. He didn't tell me to call SNK to verify coz it's wasting my money. He laughed because he thinks he's the King of Neo Geo World. I already ordered my Japanese KoF 2000 now and don't give any shit to English version.

I just want to tell the truth because I'm not one of NGF supporters.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I admit that they might be telling the truth partially. They do show some evidence to support their claims. IF indeed more MVS games pop up in the following months as NGF said, i would consider dropping all the slaunder surrounding NGF. I doubt it is possible to believe everything they say, but i'll gladly listen at least. The English cart appears legit. While my japanese is less than acceptable. I am gonna try calling SNK of Japan as well, once i find a number. I'll let you know if i gather any info

F

frogman

Here are the numbers.

SNK Japan - 011-81-6-6339-5577
EEI - 714-952-2833
NGF - 702-256-8401

"the frog"

bstoppel

n00b
20 Year Member
These are the numbers listed on NGF's site.

SNK Corporation of Japan:
tele - 81-6-6339-5577
tele - 81-6-6339-0110

I don't know if they are real or not, but I thought it might help.

F

frogman

I am not taking sides. I just wanted to find out the truth and I have. So far, everything NGF has said and has been saying has been proven true direct from SNK in Japan and from EEI. I thought more people would like to know the truth. All my KoF AES cartridges are in English. It would lokk stupid to have all of them in English and the last one in dumb Japanese. We should all be thankful to NGF for bringing an English version.

"the frog"

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Regardless of whether Dion's KOF 2K cart is legit or not, I'll pass on it. Why?

-- $559 for a cart brand new that costs $332 from other retailers? How stupid do they think we are? $250 extra for a U.S. manual and insert? Nah, someone can scan those and then we can have them lying around for "reference" (but not IN my ORIGINAL JAPANESE cart!). Why waste $250 on that? That covers FIVE of the brand new Neo carts I just got from NCS, a better way to invest the money for sure!

-- Bad reputation. Can't count on even GETTING the product at all, so why would anyone send that kind of money to them?

-- Bad attitude. Everyone knows this, I really don't need to say more.

Thanks for that post, "The frog", but you know of course that you have no credibility. A newbie with 4 posts gives "the answer" to the KOF 2K controversy? Uh, I don't think so, "frogman".

F

frogman

Some people prefer the English AES carts, such as myself. Had it have been a completely different or new title, I might have suffered with a japanese version. Since all my KoF aes carts are in English, naturally I would want KoF 2000 to be in English as well. I'll report on how it looks when I get it. I am having it sent by EMS and it should arrive tomorrow or sunday.

"the frog"

S

Silent_Scope

Well, God gives everyone freedom of choice so let it be. I hate to use the word over and over but if there is moron who loves to spend extra money to buy "US" version or tries to complete his all "US" collection, let him go for it. I don't have any credibility in anywhere but I just want to tell my fellow Neo fan not to spend extra money on a game that you can buy it cheaper from somewhere else, more reliable. It's Christmas time, everyone wishes to get his/her things but just play smart. Even if no one listens to me, then at least you can listen to chipmaster or some other elder Neo members in here. Just don't want to see my fellows to waste the hard-earn money on something cost cheaper in other places.

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
bloodbar.gif

What the hell is EEI?

------------------
akuma1.gif

Lord Illicious
Primal Massiah
Soul Reaver

bloodbar.gif

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
What the hell is EEI?

Said to be the US co. that took over after Apple didn't wan't to distribute MVS cartridges anymore.

All in all, what a load of bullshit.

F

frogman

EEI is the SNK distributor for arcades.

As for English vs. Japanese, just look at so many other games. The jap versions of all games are more common. That is a fact. And that is why jap games go down in price. Sometimes the jap artwork may have been nicer, but all the newer games have the same art and insert style. MotW and KoF 99 were the same, as is KoF 2000. To some people it makes all the difference in the world, and I'm one of those people. I don't like the Jap versions. I think they are ugly and they just depreciate too much.

"the frog"

F

frogman

JMKurts posted this: The funny thing is, when I contacted SNK Japan, I was told to contact their *authorized distributor in USA*...
"for more details, please get in touch
with our sales office in C.A. Co: Electronic Ent. Int*l Tel :
714-952-2833)"

Jeff

So did you contact EEI?
When I did they told me to call NGF for consumer products. What did they tell you? They said they had received many calls that day asking about Neo and that all consumer questions can be answered by NGF. EEI said they only handle arcade sales and NGF handles consumer.

"the frog"

Mike

Bead Banger
Dion the "Frogman"

ha ha ha!

Special note to frogman
frown.gif
I'll be at the games dion, you better be-no cops and no lawyer, fag.)

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
OK guys, I think its time I came out and said that I bought an English KOF 2000. I know a lot of you are gonna feel like ridiculing me, but let me just state the facts of the matter.

I'm not trying to convince anyone to buy the game, or that NGF is great, or whatever. I'm not preaching. I'm just going to tell you what I know and how I came to make this decision.

Chimp, you make some good points. The price is indeed incredibly high. So much higher than the already expensive Japanese version that it's hard to rationalize. In my case, after making some needed changes to my neo collection I was able to free up a little extra cash. Since there are only 100 carts made, I feel pretty confident that it might be hard to get my hands on later.

As for the part about the cartridge never arriving, I can confirm that its already been shipped to me (I have a tracking number) so no worries there. Yes, you might remember I had a problematic deal with Chris Ray of NGF but that was amicably resolved earlier in the year. This was my first deal with Dion and so far, everything is 100% smooth. Like I said... I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. These are just my experiences.

Now I will tell you how I feel about the legitimacy of the cartridge.

I was told about the official English KOF 2000 about 3 weeks ago. At first I was highly skeptical. I talked to Dion on the phone and he told me that this is a 100% SNK produced cartridge, cart, manual and everything. He then (3 weeks ago) sent me images of the pre-printer proofs for the English manual, as well as the Japanese insert - 3 weeks before release (no bar code was filled in yet). These printer proofs correspond 100% to the pictures of the manual on NGF's site as well as the corresponding pages in the undisputed authentic Japanese version. The proofs showed 2 manual pages per sheet, and outside the alignment borders was japanese type (marking it as some sort of official paper stock). Kinda difficult to explain. I would upload the pics if I could but I am at home for the holidays and they are on my other computer.

I find it highly unlikely - next to impossible - that a 32 page manual could be translated by a couple of fans, before the release of the Japanese version. A project like this would take a LONG time to complete convincingly. You would need to have the complete Japanese manual in a digital format (so all the pages are the same and there is no degradation from scanning) as well as a translator and access to the same type of printer SNK uses. Making the insert would require a bare-bones digital version of the art on the japanese version. Scanning or using a digital image of the completed Japanese version would be impossible because some of the logos (like the SNK and meg count logo) obscure portions of the artwork that are revealed on the English version. I haven't seen pictures of the actual cartridge yet, but official SNK stickers are easy to identify.

All in all, in my view, it would be impossible to assemble this cart without SNK of Japan providing basically all of the necessary materials and resources short of just printing it up themselves.

I own a Baseball Stars 2 with an NGF insert and although I consider it to be a high quality insert it is OBVIOUS that the printing process is different/inferior to my other official carts. The difference is super clear and I know how to identify a non-official insert. Same goes for the manual paper stock and printing method.

I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't believe deep down that it was real. Obviously I dont yet have it physically in my hands but I fully expect it to be an authentic cart. If it isn't, I'll tell you guys. I'm not here to sing anyone's praises or to try and convince people, or try and justify the high cost or any of that. I think I covered about everything that led to my decision; if you guys want to ask me some questions feel free.

Take from my post what you will, and I'll update everyone once I recieve the game. Thanks for reading

John

F

frogman

I received my tracking number today also and I can't wait to get it. I am 100% positive that it is an authentic SNK made cartridge.
It's cool that you actually saw SNK printer proofs of the english manual 3 weeks before the Japanese release. Now there is no denying that this is an official product. Very nice post Geddon_it.

"the frog"

S

Silent_Scope

That's weird......How come Geddon_jt has 4 stars but only 86 posts?
Anyway........it's freedom of choice. Do whatever you want. Japanese version is still better than US one in my heart. Only made-in-Japan is 100% Original. Hahah

wjw123

Krauser's Henchman
Originally posted by Silent_Scope:
That's weird......How come Geddon_jt has 4 stars but only 86 posts?
Anyway........it's freedom of choice. Do whatever you want. Japanese version is still better than US one in my heart. Only made-in-Japan is 100% Original. Hahah

Silent,

Geddon is a moderator that why 4 stars.

Good Luck Geddon.

William

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
The man is the moderator
smile.gif

Thanks for the info and good luck.

[This message has been edited by Master Terry Bogard (edited December 23, 2000).]

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
bloodbar.gif

Man i cant fcking believe this.
In the NGF KOF2000 auction a lil while ago it was the same game except for the insert style.
Also stated in that auction was said that "noboby posseses the ability to duplicate this cart as NGF can" or some shit like that.
If there is no KOF2K US version then you can make up anything from the past experience of the sneak ass art of converting.
Meg count, translations? BLah! Its already there or all ya have to do is just ask a jap.
LORD! With all the KOFers, do you think it would be that difficult to convert a jap to US homecart if you had the toolz?

You very well know that NGF has all the tools to make any sticker, insert, casing or whatever to make a cart look officially like a SNK original.

Where did they get the manuals and inserts for the unreleased homecarts like Breakers Revenge or some shit?
With all the shit they have done in front of ya face like ripping off NCSX's price guide, that stupid NGFKOF2KUS cart auction crap, distributors that come here and frequently post their arrogant egos, that poor kid who thought he bought a SNK cart from NGF but instead it was a fake so he was selling it on Ebay.
Shit, i can keep going till my fingers bleed.

Aint no way a distributor cannot have some proof of consumer/distributing or whatever without some recits, papers to confirm or some shit but no the have the carts which is the true proof. BLAH!

There are other sources for your Neo carts but instead you wanna take a risk ith a unreliable source.

Do what you want but dont be blinded by the bullshit untill you have some solid proof directly from SNK cuz being a legit US distributor should mean and recognize something at SNK of Japan.

------------------
akuma1.gif

Lord Illicious
Primal Massiah
Soul Reaver

bloodbar.gif