NGFUsa.com final firesale? (a.k.a. NGF: The Dying Whimper)

astar617

B. Jenet's Firstmate
The same guys who destroyed official SNK merchandise (see below) and made bootleg inserts they used to defraud genuine but unaware fans are dying off...

attachment.php

Did anyone notice this? (emphasis added)

05/30/2010
The biggest transfer of Neo Geo history will be taking place on this site over the next 6-9 months.

I am going to be moving sometime early next year and have decided not to take the rest of my Neo Geo collection with me. I am going to offer all of these pieces to collectors world wide who appreciate the history of the Neo Geo, as well as the related history of NeoGeoFreak Japan magazine, SNK develpment, and SNK art.

There will be items never before seen.... Carts will be a small portion of this sale. There are ton of places to find carts on the net, but this sale will appeal to the historian and enthusiast of Neo Geo history. If you care abou that stuff, keep an eye out, but even if you do not, check back to check out some interesting items you may never see again.

In the mean time, browse the old links from my last mega sale and enjoy the history!
That particular branch of teh drama predates my time as a Neo owner, but I've read the best of threads... so LOL nonetheless.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
the bubblegum blue porsche should be on sale now...

Maybe Alicia Barrone's napkin from a restaurant too.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
You'd think that if they really were the world's biggest Neo-Geo fans they'd bother to keep all the stuff that they've amassed.

Daedalus

If there's a Bandwagon. I'm on it!
I love how none of the links work.....why publish a site with nothing to offer.....build a site, make links/pics active, and THEN talk shit about your collection or what you want to sell.....

this is worse than Microsoft :/

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
I love how none of the links work.....why publish a site with nothing to offer.....build a site, make links/pics active, and THEN talk shit about your collection or what you want to sell.....

It's an old fan site. Most of the links were active several years ago.

IIRC a few years back you could still access the discussion board if you had bookmarked it, even though the link on the main page was dead. Several members here made fake accounts and there was much shenanigans.

Links for the "sale" will probably be up soon.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
lol why update a page with nothing but dead links.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Translation

"I need to sell this stuff to pay my lawyers before I have to serve my time in fuck-me-in-the-butt-prison"

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Poor Chris

I remember when he first started dating Dion. We all knew Dion was Chris' sugar daddy and as they got more and more serious, Dion began to buy him more of this Neo stuff, even helping him set up a store.

It's too bad things went sour around the same time Chris didn't want to be a hermaphrodite anymore and got the sex change to become a man, fully. I guess Dion just lost interest.

Without Dion's money, Chris just couldn't keep up with the rest of us elites in the hobby.

Sad.

Did that carpet sell? I'm surprised he even put it up as Chris told me that he and Dion liked to mash their balls together on that rug. Too much sentimentality, but he has to pay for all of his operations somehow.

Hang in there, Chris. We're all rooting for you.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
The shot stained carpet is still available and reeking of spunk, yours for only $25k

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
Thanks for letting me know. I have no idea why the links broke when I changed that frame. Seems to be a javascript error.

The code is super simple, but I have no idea why I am getting an "unknown object" code 0. Seems like it should be because of a missing page (bad link), but I checked the link/page and it is there.

I will take a look when I have time to make an update I guess.

What I am really looking for is a person living in Japan that can handle dealings with clients from Japan, since most of this stuff will probably go back to Japan to hardcore historians.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
"OH no they're having a fire...sale....everyone get out!
Oh the smoke is so strong I can hardly see, women and children first...........................

and scene"

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
hmm

looking back on things now,i think chris shouldn't have joined forces with dion
chris seems like a nice enough guy to me
he seems to really know and care about neo geo stuff
stuff that 99 % of the posters here don't even know about
i respect him for the love he has for the neo geo
specially now that this site has turned into...i don't know...surely not a neo geo site

they were doing things back in 1998-1999-2000 etc that were so ahead of the time
they really could have been number 1
unfortunately,i think dion's ego got in the way
i don't really think the neo meant something to him
it was just a way to show off and be the center of attention
so you had to read about stamps on the manuals,carts and about frauds and crazy drama / various bullshit
that was really crazy and simply ruined it all for them

but it's all part of the past now
so how lame it is to see people like rade and others insulting chris after all these years
all they can do is post their crap in unrelated
chris could probably talk about neo geo games / stories for hours..

good luck with your sale

Rade K

20 Year Member
hmm

looking back on things now,i think chris shouldn't have joined forces with dion
chris seems like a nice enough guy to me
he seems to really know and care about neo geo stuff
stuff that 99 % of the posters here don't even know about
i respect him for the love he has for the neo geo
specially now that this site has turned into...i don't know...surely not a neo geo site

they were doing things back in 1998-1999-2000 etc that were so ahead of the time
they really could have been number 1
unfortunately,i think dion's ego got in the way
i don't really think the neo meant something to him
it was just a way to show off and be the center of attention
so you had to read about stamps on the manuals,carts and about frauds and crazy drama / various bullshit
that was really crazy and simply ruined it all for them

but it's all part of the past now
so how lame it is to see people like rade and others insulting chris after all these years
all they can do is post their crap in unrelated
chris could probably talk about neo geo games / stories for hours..

good luck with your sale

Uh, I don't think Chris had a gun up to his head. By associating with Dion and never criticizing him, he condemned himself. He was still one half of NGF.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Meh, Fran has become just as much an unsavory part of the Neo Geo as Chris and Dion. I'd much rather hang out with Chris than Fran if forced to choose :emb:

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Not liking Chris either but that's personal opinion.
If someone has something good for sale and it's affordable to me,i'd buy it.
I have sold some stuff to Kenny boy.People complained so i asked them were their offers were in the 2 weeks it was up.Kenny paid me a fair price so he got the stuff.
Although i don't like the way Kenny or guys like Chris did/do business it's not my problem.
The days of NGF were luckily before my time and i wouldn't want a stamped game.
Everything fully original and not stamped or signed by some selfproclaimed neo hero could be interesting and i couldn't care less who to buy it from.
So to anyone who wants to save the neostuff from guys like Chris: This is your chance i guess.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Uh, I don't think Chris had a gun up to his head. By associating with Dion and never criticizing him, he condemned himself. He was still one half of NGF.

that's true and logical . can't argue with that

Meh, Fran has become just as much an unsavory part of the Neo Geo as Chris and Dion. I'd much rather hang out with Chris than Fran if forced to choose

i don't even know who you are,really
you don't want to hang out with me ? who cares ?
i am just expressing my opinion
"unsavory part of the neo geo"
you are out of your mind,you don't know what you're saying

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
t
i don't even know who you are,really
you don't want to hang out with me ? who cares ?
i am just expressing my opinion
"unsavory part of the neo geo"
you are out of your mind,you don't know what you're saying

Predictable response :emb:

Rade K

20 Year Member
With Christopher Ray you have the good cop in the good cop/bad cop relationship.

He's still a bit of a dick. He was stamping the inserts with Dion. He was shredding the inserts with Dion. He chuckled as he and Dion forced Jigen into a photoshoot. He probably burst a nut laughing when Dion headlocked Mooky.

Let's try to abondon this revisionist's version of what NGF was all about.

He has never once renounced Dion Dakis or apologized for their general ass-hattery. They still claim to be insiders of the old SNK and the only true fans of the company.

Chris, to this day, continues to tow the line that NGF-USA had some kind of intimate association with SNK.

Like 'sage said, if they know so much about the company, why don't they share more? The want you to think they were partnered with SNK, but in fact, they were a couple of rich groupies who bought their way into a lot of merch and some photo-ops with stolen jackets and carpets.

Their entire story is ambiguous for a very good reason.

I'm sure guys like Shawn and other high rollers know the exact nature of Chris Ray and Dion Dakis' relationship with SNK, but there seems to be a lack of definitive, once and for all, explanation of it.

I know most can merely observe NGF antics from the last 15 years and conclude that they are a step above snake-oil salesman, but there's always this ambiguity about NGF, and Chris Ray's truthfulness, I'll never understand.

Last edited:

SSS

neo retired
Uh oh, chrisrr is online. Expect a long winded middle aged delusional rant to follow: