KOF XII Coming 31st Jan 2007

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
HYPE THREAD!

Hi res sprites? Holy shit, it actually means SNKP have actually done something!

I havent played KOF past 10 minutes of 01, so i got some catching up to do, KOF 02, 03, NW, XI now this shizz

woo

i wonder what the new team system is like or if there is one

Wonder how many new characters there will be and if they'll actually be good

Will SNKP gain more fans over it?

All of these will be answered on judgement day.

Looking for the japan based members heavy insight and reviews of the game soon after launch :D

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
u sure about the date man. i cant wait to see some pics and vids of the sprites and the game in motion. however i will be verry verry dissapointed if the sprites aint at least as good as 3rd strikes sprites and the same goes for the animation. also lets not forget the gameplay, and just hope they got fucking rid of the in game player tags/changes and tag combos, they really did suck. ill need to buy a new controller just for this game (and TS), probably a stick.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Holy crap! Finally, KOF is being re-done from the ground up! I can't wait... :drool_2: :drool_2:

One of the longest still running series in history. Moves to across to another new hardware system Taito's Type X2. To celebrate King of Fighters with undergo a complete reconstruction.

Even though the technology and graphics of King of Fighters (KOF) has changed though the year. It has always stuck to the same basic sprites to render it's characters. However to fully take advantage of this new hardware, the creative team will totally remodelling all characters, backgrounds and moves.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
If that is correct, then its much sooner than I was expecting. Its gonna be hard to find it in any arcades, but I'll try, infact I bet I'll know a place that would have it. If not I'll check it out when it comes out as a port for a console I don't have a year later.

I'm expecting a lot from this game.

Jimminy

Quiz Detective
Hopefully they don't make the sprites like melty bloods.

(even though I like that game.)

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
A photoshop edited logo? I guess we'll just see when SNK-P's site is updated tommorow.

Last edited:

Kap

New Challenger
Fake. That's not the official logo and don't you think that there would be a shitload of XII news already if the release date was true? Pfft.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Impossible. Loke tests must be performed before release and we would have heard about them. Coinopexpress release dates have always been random.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
OOOH, SORRY!

Regardless, it's out in a few months, lets hype the shit out of it to reach maximum disappointment targets!

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
txtgs2006typex201wa2.jpg
:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
What the fuck? I come into this thread excited as hell to find out that it's a load of shit and that the source was coinopexpress!?
I hate this thread.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
New sprites and all that jazz sounds awesome but I just hope they don't modify the engine/moves too much. If they break with most KoF traditions, they might as well drop the KoF name alltogether (which they won't because it would be silly business-wise)... my excitement about a completely new designed KoF aside, I would not want to play a KoF where all that's left from the old days is the name and a few characters.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Takumaji said:
New sprites and all that jazz sounds awesome but I just hope they don't modify the engine/moves too much. If they break with most KoF traditions, they might as well drop the KoF name alltogether (which they won't because it would be silly business-wise)... my excitement about a completely new designed KoF aside, I would not want to play a KoF where all that's left from the old days is the name and a few characters.

I agree! I hope the game retains some semblance to prior sequels (otherwise it will ruin the franchise for old-timers like us).

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Takumaji said:

You can never satisfy everybody. Year after year many people has complained about each KOF game being almost the same as a pevious one. But if they change, then all old-timers complain too. The same happens when they update the roster-

I personally prefer more changes, in the line as those started by KOF XI. If people like more the old KOFs, they already have like a dozen to choose from.

And they have already changed the name of the saga when they stopped using the years.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Amano Jacu said:
You can never satisfy everybody. Year after year many people has complained about each KOF game being almost the same as a pevious one. But if they change, then all old-timers complain too. The same happens when they update the roster-

I personally prefer more changes, in the line as those started by KOF XI. If people like more the old KOFs, they already have like a dozen to choose from.

And they have already changed the name of the saga when they stopped using the years.

Well, I never complained about new KoFs being the same as previous ones, that mostly goes for people who don't play the games hardcore, simple as that. For ex. some people say 2k1 wouldn't be very different to 2k based on the fact that 2k1 had most 2k sprites and anims, but when it comes to gameplay, there are worlds between the two. Or take 2k2, yeah, lots of old sprites again but a) they still look fantastic to me and b) the BC cancelling system introduced an almost radical (in KoF terms) new element that drastically changed gameplay.

And then there's 2k3, NW and XI, all three of them have unique features.

Still, all these games had the KoF feeling, and that is what I don't want to miss to be honest. I mean, yeah, maybe a totally new game might be cool and all and I'm sure that I will play it like mad, but in this case, I'd prefer a totally new designed game/new series instead of alienating old fans. If they'd come up with something along the lines of Guilty Gear I'd be slightly pissed.

Of course that's all just speculation, we don't know shit about the new KoF at the mo, I don't want to hate on a game that isn't even out yet... just stating my general opinions/views on the series.

I'm really not that hard-assed as it may sound, I also enjoyed MI and MI:2 quite a bit, not as a typical KoF but one of the better 3D fighters... but 2D KoF is special.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to what they come up with on Taito hardware, at least the X-board based shmups I've played looked (and played) very good.

Kap

New Challenger
As long as we don't see nonsense updates like King of Fighters XII Reloading Hardcore Accent Slash X2 it's okay with me.

shadowfamicom

Rugal's Thug
i hope i there is a KOF XII cab at my arcade when it does come out (dont think it will be the 31st) but the arcade i go to has Metal Slug 6, NeoWave and NGBC cabs (huge screens too). they all got them right when they came out too. and alot of times it says 2 tokens a credit but they set it wrong so its only 1 token. also you put a $20 in the token macheine and it gives you 100 tokens instead of 80 so each game of KOF XII will be only $0.20:buttrock:

sorry about the spelling as im in a rush today..........

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Wow, this thread title had me excited.

What a disappointing thread.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
shadowfamicom said:
i hope i there is a KOF XII cab at my arcade when it does come out (dont think it will be the 31st) but the arcade i go to has Metal Slug 6, NeoWave and NGBC cabs (huge screens too). they all got them right when they came out too. and alot of times it says 2 tokens a credit but they set it wrong so its only 1 token. also you put a $20 in the token macheine and it gives you 100 tokens instead of 80 so each game of KOF XII will be only $0.20:buttrock:

sorry about the spelling as im in a rush today..........

ugh...I hope your not talking about good times...that place sucks ass. The mvc2 machine with both sticks broken off is such a sweet setup... and metal slug 6 only had 4 buttons on it for the longest time. you live in mass the only arcade you should go to should be tokyo game action