PS2 NGBC thread (reviews and opinions)

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Well at least it has been shipped to me. It should arrive in 2 to 4 days. Im pretty excited!

O.

Last edited:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Damn that didn't take long to, SNKP to port at all :eek:

I realy gota mod my PS2 soon :annoyed:

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
Im sure youll give us the lowdown. Soundtrack, Controls, cuts and downsizeing, etc.
:D

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I thought it wasn't coming out til the 22nd hmm well that means mine will be here soon as well. CAn't play it til christmas however since its a gift >_<. It'll go well with my OnePiece Grand Battle Rush that it's coming with.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
enomosiki said:
On the same day it has been released? Hot damn.

Where?

You should know better than to ask that kind of question here. :shame: ;)

Comes out tomorrow here in Japan; can't wait. I should check and see if maybe the game store is selling it early today, but I doubt it.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Yah i pre-ordered mine from play-asia LOOOOOONG ago....im talking back in October. And I got an email earlier today stating that it had shipped. Once it arrives I will do my best to give an impartial review, I havent had the pleasure of any exposure to the cab so I cant make direct comparisons though.

O.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Chunky Lover 53 said:
Got mine from Play asia as well. Should be here by Friday :drool:

You must bring it over....muwahahahahaha.

*eyes his HD Loader knowingly*

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I already downloaded it to check it and just tried it for 5 minutes. I will post impressions later. So far it feels very similar to the Neowave port.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
I already downloaded it to check it .

man, thank god we have people like amano 'checking' stuff for us

thanks dude.

the worlds a safer place.

:chimp:

:p

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
kernow said:
man, thank god we have people like amano 'checking' stuff for us

thanks dude.

the worlds a safer place.

:chimp:

:p

Thanks, you can paypal me donations to continue my hard task. I will review it later and see if I can give it my seal of approval. :cool:

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Does anybody know what score it got in famitu?

sammaz

Quiz Detective
i got it loaded on hdd but it freezes every time you press start to begin a game...if anyone knows what settings are working please let me know. It freezes also in attract mode if you leave it on

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
Amano Jacu said:
I already downloaded it to check it and just tried it for 5 minutes. I will post impressions later. So far it feels very similar to the Neowave port.

You forgot to mention the somewhat sucktacular load times. :P The game has load times that bring back bad memories of Samurai Spirits V for the PS2. It does bring the game down a bit, but it's really going to depend on whether or not load times bother you. Guess the Xbox 360 port will be the definitive version. I am wondering about the online play; I'm not going to pay the monthly fee just to play one game online when I can walk down the street and play it in the arcade against other people, but playing this game online with those load times....ugh.

I will admit that I did try the game the same way Amano Jacu did; it won't be in stores where I am until tomorrow, and I'm hoping that maybe the ripped version floating around has load issues or something. Doubtful, but fingers crossed.

Load times aside, it's a great port, and the arranged soundtrack is very nicely done. The game has the same graphic options as KOF Neowave, with soft and normal screen types, and six levels of flitering for the sprites. Game modes include Arcade Play and Vs., Tag Play, Survival Challenge, Practice, Gallery, and Network Match.

Oh, and I don't see any 3D backgrounds this time around. Maybe you unlock them?

Last edited:

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
Weird, I just found the 3D stages in the practice mode, but there's no option to change to them in regular games that I can find.

The 3D backgrounds are really cool; theyre original BGs instead of remakes of the 2D stages. One of them is from Metal Slug; you're on the back of a mine cart, and a huge mech is chasing you, swiping at you with its claws and firing bombs that destroy the ground behind you. Another is something that looks like it could be out of Samurai Spirits; there's a huge dragon in the background that flies over the characters during the fight. Easily the best 3D backgrounds SNK has made yet, but the 2D backgrounds look bettr IMO.

I'll write up a review and take screenshots when I get the real game tomorrow for anyone who is interested.

Last edited:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Yeah, loading times are very long, but I thought it was because my 5-year old PS2's lens... There's a sort of "loading screen" anyway so you know it might be serious.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
Amano Jacu said:
Yeah, loading times are very long, but I thought it was because my 5-year old PS2's lens... There's a sort of "loading screen" anyway so you know it might be serious.

Well, even the arcade version has some load time before the match (same loading screen), just not as long. Something about the game, I guess.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
its nice and all but a lot of charas seem to have gotten their old sprites but reedited or retouched. like the jins and tung. though im happy they didnt do the same to hanzo and fuuma since their sprites would have been fucking ugly otherwise. so far i just looked how my little brother plays the game. will play it today or tomorow and post impressions. anybody else also dl naruto game 3 for ps2.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
I'll have my copy tomorrow and Kristoff and I are going to get together for about 24 hours straight of gaming tomorrow night and into Friday, so we'll both post impressions friday afternoon. I've never played the atmoswave version, so this will be a review of gameplay and everything, not just port quality. Hope it will help some of you that have never played the game. It will prolly be posted on his web site. We'll try to take some screen grabs and after I get my digital camcorder for christmas we'll take some in game videos over next week and we learn the system well enough. I'm excited as all get out to play it as I havent got to play a real "new" SNK game in so long. So many sequels and nothing too fresh. As long as it is at least the quality of NeoWave, I'll be more than happy with it.

Stephane

Boss Hogg,
If everything is fine for me, i will get my game and my neo ps2 stick tomorrow :buttrock: :buttrock:

Since i played NGBC a lots this month a the arcade, i cant wait !

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Mine should be here tomorrow or Friday. Cant wait. Although word of loading times seems kinda disappointing. But Im sure I can get over that if it is not too bad.