Show em if you got em....MVS Cabs

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
We've had the thread on candy cabs, now how about showing the old style wooden MVS Cabs if you have them.

Last edited:

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Keep the pics coming in everyone.

Last edited:

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
I have a red US MVS 4-slot. It's awesome, but I although I have a digital camera, I don't have anywhere to host the pics. If someone wants to host a pic, I'd be happy to post it.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
^send it to me at jviale@utk.edu

Here's mine
mycab.jpg

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
The_Chosen_One said:
Bad shot, although you get a nice mirror of me :)

100_9037.jpg

Nice 4-slot MVS cab you have there. ;) :kekeke:

Can my Consolized 2-slot MVS motherboard still
work inside a Neo Geo MVS cab with the jamma
harness?. :conf: :kekeke:

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Pando said:
Here's my L&AI 4-slot.

3aayo

Hey nice cab, havent seen one like that before. How do you get on with the button layout as its different from the normal way the buttons are usually set. Nice looking cab tho!

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Shawn Carr2o said:
Nice 4-slot MVS cab you have there. ;) :kekeke:

Can my Consolized 2-slot MVS motherboard still
work inside a Neo Geo MVS cab with the jamma
harness?. :conf: :kekeke:

Depends on who made it.

ManoRevolver

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I dont have an official Neo-Geo cabinet.
Mine still needs a shitload of work anyways, but it works fine for now.

collection_01.jpg

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
ManoRevolver said:
I dont have an official Neo-Geo cabinet.
Mine still needs a shitload of work anyways, but it works fine for now.

collection_01.jpg

That is good looking, I would have that.

ManoRevolver

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Thanks.
Some people that came over at my place thought it was a bit weird, because you have to pull out the red piece (where the sticks and buttons are on), to get to the mvs system.

I still need a lamp to fit in on the top.

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
I think its a quality looking cab, do you have any close up pics of the inside? Be good to see how it looks when you finish all your work on it.

dark penguin

Thanks to anyone(ie lithy!) that offered to host this for me, but I remembered I have a photobucket acc't, so here goes:
(sorry, low quality img, but oh well...)
0c828c0e.jpg

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
What are the dimensions of a 4 slot Big Red? I am thinking of buying one but I don't know if I can fit it through my doors.

lithy

20 Year Member
neo_X7 said:
What are the dimensions of a 4 slot Big Red? I am thinking of buying one but I don't know if I can fit it through my doors.

A dedicated 6 slot is the only dedicated cabinet that will not fit through a standard doorway.

onefortheride

Dodgeball Yakuza
lineup.jpg

there are a few of mine. still need to photograph my other gold cab and that crappy conversion.

dark penguin

neo_X7 said:

Make sure you have a couple of friends on hand to help you out...they're motherfucking heavy and awkward. :D

onefortheride

Dodgeball Yakuza
they're probably around 300lbs and they fit in a decent sized SUV (on their side). my brother and i move them all the time ... just make sure you have a good furniture mover (dolly). not sure on the exact specs though.

Cut Chemist

Bash,
(I was going to just start a new thread, but the discussion seems to be going in this direction anyhow, apologies if it irks anyone)

I recently moved an hour and a half from home to go to college, and in the next week or so, I am going to try to bring my 4 slot Big Red down here with me. That said, to those of you who have done this before/several times, what do you recommend? I drive a mid-size pickup, and I am wondering if hauling it in that would suffice, or perhaps should I rent a trailer for the added advantage of having a ramp? Should it be left upright or put on its side? Any advice/pointers/et al anyone can give would be appreciated. And, when I get it here, I will be sure to post a picture here. :)

lithy

20 Year Member
My cab is in my dorm room as well. Load it up in whatever vehicle you can on its back or side (I'm not sure which is better)

Anyway if you have a couple friends its no problem loading and unloading and then get something with wheels. I've moved in and out of the dorms twice now and it takes me like 15 minutes to get the cab on a dolly, downstairs and into a vehicle.

Not sure if I'm leaving anything out.