Show them if you got them "Candy Cabs"

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
I have been looking into getting a candy cab for awhile now. I haven't decided on which one to get, but I have noticed that some members here have some sweet looking candy cabs.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Cool keep them coming, :D I like to see pics of people cabs no matter what type they are.

ericb

NEST Puppet
I don't have a cab, and I'm terribly envious of all you guys who do have them, but I'm considering picking one up. The inhibiting factor tends to be shipping... how did you guys ship your cabs? About how much did it cost? The local arcade operators/distributors in my city pretty much never touch home applications, so I'm stuck having to ship one in. I know at Coin-Op Express, shipping can be upwards of $1000US, which seems really, really high... What's the best way to ship these things?

MrLonghair

Morden's Lackey
The original SNK MV25UP model is my baby.

Old pic, took it a few minutes after lugging the damn thing upstairs to my apartment.

cabinet.jpg

Have since sold Salamander 2 and replaced the buttons with Sanwa-ripoffs, player2 has a pink knob and matching buttons, had a switch done to be able to switch the harness pinout from jamma to mvs, as well as rigging up some buttons on the control panel behind the door with the coinmech.

ClubNinja

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
20 Year Member
My Taito Egret:

egret2.jpg

Currently loaded with Twinkle Star Sprites.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Besides my sig, here are my candies

Capcom impress, Konami Windy, Jaleco Pony, MVS 33, Megalo
japarc3.jpg

japarc2.jpg

HyperNeo
japarc18.jpg

In the dark...
dark15.jpg

Not pictured: Astro City, 2nd gen Neo Candy

ericb

NEST Puppet
I am so impressed/envious of StealthLurker's setup...

You wouldn't happen to be looking at getting rid of any of those cabs, would you? Just out of curiousity, of course...

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
candy25.jpg

I've since replaced the joysticks and added the missing locks from the control panel and cash box.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
MrLonghair said:
The original SNK MV25UP model is my baby.

Old pic, took it a few minutes after lugging the damn thing upstairs to my apartment.

cabinet.jpg

Have since sold Salamander 2 and replaced the buttons with Sanwa-ripoffs, player2 has a pink knob and matching buttons, had a switch done to be able to switch the harness pinout from jamma to mvs, as well as rigging up some buttons on the control panel behind the door with the coinmech.

I've never actually seen one of these... only the sketch at hardmvs. They are freaking awesome.

@StealthLurker

I hate you.... and love you at the same time. :D

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
ericb said:
I don't have a cab, and I'm terribly envious of all you guys who do have them, but I'm considering picking one up. The inhibiting factor tends to be shipping... how did you guys ship your cabs? About how much did it cost? The local arcade operators/distributors in my city pretty much never touch home applications, so I'm stuck having to ship one in. I know at Coin-Op Express, shipping can be upwards of $1000US, which seems really, really high... What's the best way to ship these things?

Ask around to see if there are any auctions within driving distance - that's how I got mine. You may spend a hundred bucks to rent a truck, but you'll get to see tons of cabs and you'll probably come back with something pretty nice.

Athlon64

Galford's Armourer
StealthLurker said:
Besides my sig, here are my candies

Capcom impress, Konami Windy, Jaleco Pony, MVS 33, Megalo
japarc3.jpg

japarc2.jpg

HyperNeo
japarc18.jpg

In the dark...
dark15.jpg

Not pictured: Astro City, 2nd gen Neo Candy

Nice cabs and btw what's the model of the bimmer:)

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
StealthLurker said:

I would never let Godzilla play my CandyCab! he may scratch it all up! :p

Man, your collection of candy cabs just rocks!
I wish I had one too, but since they weren't popular at all here in Spain, it's almost impossible to get one.

[OCEAN]

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
galfordo said:
Ask around to see if there are any auctions within driving distance - that's how I got mine. You may spend a hundred bucks to rent a truck, but you'll get to see tons of cabs and you'll probably come back with something pretty nice.

Where did you find a candy cab at in North Carolina? :conf:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
neo_X7 said:
Where did you find a candy cab at in North Carolina? :conf:

I don't have a candy cab - I've got a big red 6-slot. Since the guy just said he couldn't find a cab, I thought he'd be happy to get any kind of cab.

Anyway, in case you're wondering where I found my 6-slot - it was at an auction in Winston-Salem about 3 months ago. There were enough dirtbags there to fill an entire unemployment office, but there were also some really cool cabs. It was definitely worth the trip.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
galfordo said:
I don't have a candy cab - I've got a big red 6-slot. Since the guy just said he couldn't find a cab, I thought he'd be happy to get any kind of cab.

Anyway, in case you're wondering where I found my 6-slot - it was at an auction in Winston-Salem about 3 months ago. There were enough dirtbags there to fill an entire unemployment office, but there were also some really cool cabs. It was definitely worth the trip.

When is the next one, is it worth the trip, did they have allot if Neo stuff or just neat stuff in general?

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
http://www.auctiongamesales.com/AuctionDates.htm

Got my cab (4 slot big red) from Auction Game Sales too, never heard you got a cab galfordo, got any pics. They're great to deal with, and of course what is for auction depends on what the ops bring but in my experience there are usually at least a few dedicated Neos and plenty of other stuff. Where do you live?

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
neo_X7 said:
When is the next one, is it worth the trip, did they have allot if Neo stuff or just neat stuff in general?

Here are the dates:

I definitely had a good time. The atmosphere is a little rough and the people are a bit on the trashy side, but that's all overshadowed by all the arcade goodness. :drool_2:

I saw about 6 Neo Geo machines when I went to the auction in Winston-Salem, but a couple of those were conversions.

There were tons of arcade games, and lots of other cool stuff as well. It's worth the trip just for the experience alone, even if you don't buy anything. However, I'd definitely bring a pickup or a cargo van just in case ... ;)

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
galfordo said:
Here are the dates:

I definitely had a good time. The atmosphere is a little rough and the people are a bit on the trashy side, but that's all overshadowed by all the arcade goodness. :drool_2:

I saw about 6 Neo Geo machines when I went to the auction in Winston-Salem, but a couple of those were conversions.

There were tons of arcade games, and lots of other cool stuff as well. It's worth the trip just for the experience alone, even if you don't buy anything. However, I'd definitely bring a pickup or a cargo van just in case ... ;)

Is it ran like a bidder auction or just and over sized flea market with vendors and booths?

How much should I expect to pay for a decided cab at the auction?

Last edited:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
neo_X7 said:
Is it ran like a bidder auction or just and over sized flea market with vendors and booths?

How much should I expect to pay for a decided cab at the auction?

My cab was 240 plus tax and fees so 289 and change

Its run like a bidder auction

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
japarc2.jpg

That’s the most beautiful thing that I have seem in along time! :crying: