Zero/One Post Accounts

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
I honestly don't care whether it does or not. I just bought my stand up arcade and found this place and wanted to buy a few games. I didn't know I would have to join a brotherhood just to get around a site. It's kind of difficult to navigate a site and comment on things you really know nothing about, is it not? I could just make up nonsense and then add to the stigma that all newbies are trolls, but why would I want too. All that aside, this seems to be the only place on the planet to find these games so I guess I have to try and do what it takes. Then again, maybe I'm just slow and don't have the awesome research skills of some of you guys.

I get it that the site want may want to stay troll free and clutter free, but some people out there just want a few games to play with their nieces and nephews. Not trying to bitch and moan but it's not very productive to think every new member is an idiot. Flame away........

Protip: Don't drop the soap...

protomanSTi

Timid Neo Newbie
I'm mainly trying to get into this hobby and as such my experience from other forums is to read much more than asking questions that have been answered a million times..
but will definitely try to keep above 1 post lol

Wombie

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I can't access anything not even my own account is it due to lack of posts? people just keep ignoring me. grrrrrr I'm getting pretty choked with this site.

I feel your pain, mate. But I guess that we all have to pay our dues, being newbies here and all.... :spock:

Krusher

Bashful Neophyte
True, And I give a damn :).. Just waiting for approval on some messages :).. :buttrock:
If you try to make a deal, but have no posts, be warned that we periodically wipe out all zero/one post accounts. So if a member that you're in a deal with suddenly disappears, it's probably because he wasn't posting on the boards.

To avoid this, all members should try to make at least a few posts.

It's not that hard to give a damn.

bluehedgehog91

Twinkle Star Sprite
It's good to read this thread... and i know this post does't count...

A year ago or so, i have had an account but before posting i was trying to read some good threads on the site just to make a respectable post... but i think i took too much time LOL and i was cleaned up!

I will try to make some contributions.

see you!

(soon will pick and avatar and sign n_n)

Ricter1439

New Challenger
I honestly don't care whether it does or not. I just bought my stand up arcade and found this place and wanted to buy a few games. I didn't know I would have to join a brotherhood just to get around a site. It's kind of difficult to navigate a site and comment on things you really know nothing about, is it not? I could just make up nonsense and then add to the stigma that all newbies are trolls, but why would I want too. All that aside, this seems to be the only place on the planet to find these games so I guess I have to try and do what it takes. Then again, maybe I'm just slow and don't have the awesome research skills of some of you guys.

I get it that the site want may want to stay troll free and clutter free, but some people out there just want a few games to play with their nieces and nephews. Not trying to bitch and moan but it's not very productive to think every new member is an idiot. Flame away........

I feel your pain brother. Just got my cab and the two games I want for it I cannot find on eBay. So I am here making posts so I can try a purchase those two games. But truth be told, after a few days I am starting to have fun and I am also learning a lot about my cab, I also understand the need to make posts to show your are commited and not just here to rip off a seller. Thanks for the great site!

James

CrabbyJay

Timid Neo Newbie
I am a frequent viewer of the message boards and this site and I have now decided to buy a neo-geo aes and I was wondering how do I respond to some of the post that people have put up? I try to and it says that I don't have permission?

rtdzign

Timid Neo Newbie
I'm the same as the guy above me. I've been lurking for a while and am wanting own some flavor of Neo Geo.

AES or Consolizing an MVS. So for now I'll be checkin out threads, and getting information and will try to make an informed decision on what type of Neo Geo I get.

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
I'm the same as the guy above me. I've been lurking for a while and am wanting own some flavor of Neo Geo.

AES or Consolizing an MVS. So for now I'll be checkin out threads, and getting information and will try to make an informed decision on what type of Neo Geo I get.

You should both try harder.

EngineersCake

Timid Neo Newbie
Does this mean if I only have three or four post in the main forum I can post to the wanted forum?

Lum

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Not that I can tell. It is a little weird being unable to view user profiles. I suppose every message board needs something so they'll stand out.

EagleTG

Twinkle Star Sprite
I've been a lurker for years. This policy has caused me to uncloak and try to become an active member. Was so sick of watching the good deals go by.

riggs

Timid Neo Newbie
whoops didn't know

i joined neo geo .com ages ago just to use the chat to talk to other neo players. this was quite a while ago.
i'm keen to seel my neo now, i need the money, was unaware of the forum rules and such, i should have looked em up to start with. my bad. hoping to meet the post requirments so my post doesn't get wipped.

mjmjr25

Critical Damage!,
I think they don't realize that posting in here doesn't up their post counts.
We get that posts here don't count. Conversely, this is one of the forums where we would first post. The collective "we" understands many of you have been doing this for a long time and have (probably purposely) made the site difficult to navigate - to keep newbies/scammers/and 1 sale wonders out of your community. Point understood, taken and even agreed with. With that said, running through the posts i've read in the forums so far, there is so much animosity - even hatred to anyone new it is a massive turn-off to your site and what you love - NEO GEO. Most healthy people want to share what they love, and knowledge of what they love - from a lot of what i'm reading, many of you want to keep all that is NEO guarded like gold bricks in your cellar. If the mods/owners of the site want an exclusive forum for only folks who were born w/red NEO blood running through their veins at birth, that is their right, however as it currently stands, ANYONE is able to create an account. Lest we forget, we were all new at one point, whether it was 10 years ago or this morning. Thanks a bunch for gettin' my hippy feelings all agitated, hope your happy.

NeoGumby

neo-prophet
Staff member
the lament of the n00b:

i am new
your rules
are unfamiliar
and strange
why do you not
treat me
as your child
should i not
be loved?
coddle me
will i not grow?
pamper me
will i not flourish?
do not eat me
i am your young

the answer to the lament is stfu n00b

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
We get that posts here don't count. Conversely, this is one of the forums where we would first post. The collective "we" understands many of you have been doing this for a long time and have (probably purposely) made the site difficult to navigate - to keep newbies/scammers/and 1 sale wonders out of your community. Point understood, taken and even agreed with. With that said, running through the posts i've read in the forums so far, there is so much animosity - even hatred to anyone new it is a massive turn-off to your site and what you love - NEO GEO. Most healthy people want to share what they love, and knowledge of what they love - from a lot of what i'm reading, many of you want to keep all that is NEO guarded like gold bricks in your cellar. If the mods/owners of the site want an exclusive forum for only folks who were born w/red NEO blood running through their veins at birth, that is their right, however as it currently stands, ANYONE is able to create an account. Lest we forget, we were all new at one point, whether it was 10 years ago or this morning. Thanks a bunch for gettin' my hippy feelings all agitated, hope your happy.

I definitely understand that feeling these days... I can agree that there's a lot of new-people "hazing" or whatever that goes on. But sometimes the unassuming, modest, and fair-opinioned people rise up quickly over the people who join and try to call attention to themselves or make 100 threads about video game girl butts. I can't even be one to talk, I joined in 2007 and didn't even own a neo geo until summer of '08.

Anyway, you're from Minnesota and we haven't hung out yet? Jeez, bro, let's get together and be cool. :emb:

Azra113

Ukyo's Doctor
BTW, the "Zelda Doll Trading" subforum is a buying/selling forum for non-NeoGeo, arcade-specific FS/FT/WTB threads. It's named poorly. You probably won't actually trade Zelda dolls there :p

Shoot ! I thought I was gona get me a Ganon Plushie :lolz:

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
Why on earth can I not send a PM, start a thread, or even check my own public profile?

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
Post around, wait a few days, the system will sort you out, no worries.

Good to know. I just assumed that I'd fallen through the cracks or something. I'm buying from some of the members of forum, but it's kind of hard to get much accomplished without PMs.

Monstermug

New Challenger
hmm just opened up an account and can't seem too sell. Maybe i need to post a few more times ....

Heath

, cheyne stoking
hmm just opened up an account and can't seem too sell. Maybe i need to post a few more times ....

Hi monstermug, you brought the cab off me. are you trying to sell the monitor??? i think you need to post more before you can.