Zero/One Post Accounts

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
Staff member
If you try to make a deal, but have no posts, be warned that we periodically wipe out all zero/one post accounts. So if a member that you're in a deal with suddenly disappears, it's probably because he wasn't posting on the boards.

To avoid this, all members should try to make at least a few posts.

It's not that hard to give a damn.

aria

Former Moderator
Just to add to what wasabi wrote:

We regularly make sweeps of all zero-post account to remove sleeper Spam-bots. One such sweep just took place on Sept. 16. There is no set schedule for these sweeps, so please be wary if you are in the midst of a deal with someone on NG.com that has no post count.

The easiest way to prevent this from occurring is to post/reply in the forums where posts are added to your post count. The only sub-forums where posts do not count are Suggestions, the War Room, and all the Market forums.

The Market forums were originally created to serve the established members, and the difficulty in differentiating between "real" zero post account and bot zero post accounts is virtually impossible (Mods and admins cannot see if you have PMs or sort by that number). Literally dozens of new accounts are registered each day, and a significant number of those accounts are bots that, finding our set moratorium on starting a thread, end up not spamming the board but sitting dormant (and sometimes reawakening and causing problems).

We apologize for any confusion caused by this last sweep, but please note that this will continue in the future.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
Also not being part of the community doesn't add to your post count. In other words don't come here only to sell.

Bskull

Crossed Swords Squire
Agreed. Please drop by the main threads and contribute. It doesn't take much to care. lol

ratson

Medical Marijuana., Pfffttt......, Dumbass 'murika
Not caring or 0 postcount=go sell on Ebay:cool:

aria

Former Moderator
A cleaning just occurred. The site feels lighter already!

One-post accounts (most of which are very old) are also being eliminated. Post or DIE.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
Flush-O-Matic.

EDIT: I hope anyone with deals pending with gowcaizer78 get their items or money back. This place doesn't need anymore SERGE-like members.

Last edited:

ratson

Flush-O-Matic.

EDIT: I hope anyone with deals pending with gowcaizer78 get their items or money back. This place doesn't need anymore SERGE-like members.

Justice for all!.According to gowcaizer he sold the same 2 kits i have for sale for more money then my asking price,yeah right:lolz:.
Thanks for the flush,Bobak:buttrock:

onefortheride

Dodgeball Yakuza
A cleaning just occurred. The site feels lighter already!

One-post accounts (most of which are very old) are also being eliminated. Post or DIE.

What about those of us who just don't post much anymore? Are we still allowed to stalk the forums without posting? :p

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
What about those of us who just don't post much anymore? Are we still allowed to stalk the forums without posting? :p

What's the point of having an account then? I think you can still lurk without being a member.

ratson

There is a nooob-tsunami this week,everyone take cover.

bluebajabug

Timid Neo Newbie
I honestly don't care whether it does or not. I just bought my stand up arcade and found this place and wanted to buy a few games. I didn't know I would have to join a brotherhood just to get around a site. It's kind of difficult to navigate a site and comment on things you really know nothing about, is it not? I could just make up nonsense and then add to the stigma that all newbies are trolls, but why would I want too. All that aside, this seems to be the only place on the planet to find these games so I guess I have to try and do what it takes. Then again, maybe I'm just slow and don't have the awesome research skills of some of you guys.

I get it that the site want may want to stay troll free and clutter free, but some people out there just want a few games to play with their nieces and nephews. Not trying to bitch and moan but it's not very productive to think every new member is an idiot. Flame away........

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
I honestly don't care whether it does or not. I just bought my stand up arcade and found this place and wanted to buy a few games. I didn't know I would have to join a brotherhood just to get around a site. It's kind of difficult to navigate a site and comment on things you really know nothing about, is it not? I could just make up nonsense and then add to the stigma that all newbies are trolls, but why would I want too. All that aside, this seems to be the only place on the planet to find these games so I guess I have to try and do what it takes. Then again, maybe I'm just slow and don't have the awesome research skills of some of you guys.

I get it that the site want may want to stay troll free and clutter free, but some people out there just want a few games to play with their nieces and nephews. Not trying to bitch and moan but it's not very productive to think every new member is an idiot. Flame away........

This belongs in the arcade, errr... orochinagi.com.

aclbandit

Another Striker

Welcome to the forums. It's a rough place compared to some, I guess, but it's a great place to learn new stuff. I haven't had a lot to contribute yet (see post count :P) since I'm pretty new to the arcade scene, but I'd bet that as I learn more, I can give more back.

But yeah, you gotta start somewhere, and as you said... this is the only place on the planet to find some of this stuff. And really, what can you contribute without a few MVS carts and arcade boards to talk about?

Enjoy your stay.

This belongs in the arcade, errr... orochinagi.com.

LOL. You'll hear this a lot. Be ready.

BTW, the "Zelda Doll Trading" subforum is a buying/selling forum for non-NeoGeo, arcade-specific FS/FT/WTB threads. It's named poorly. You probably won't actually trade Zelda dolls there :p

bluebajabug

Timid Neo Newbie
It's cool. I totally get what your saying, and thanks for the welcoming. I'll look around and see what I can contribute to a few post and see what happens. Hope for the best and expect the worst I suppose

jonny5

Cham Cham's Banana
sorry for a stupid question, but what is the criteria to be able to send/receive PM's here?

ive checked the FAQ and the rules, but cant find the relevent info

thanx

playanigslice

Timid Neo Newbie
I can't access anything not even my own account is it due to lack of posts? people just keep ignoring me. grrrrrr I'm getting pretty choked with this site.

ratson

That's why they invented ebay.