ZDTF's What's it worth thread.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
Seems like a popular idea that has been floating around, it has been mentioned multiple times. Any thoughts, suggestions, drama, all of the above?

mookie3three

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Good idea, or you could have an everything else what's it worth thread instead. Might be easier then having to choose between a Neo or ZDTF wiw thread to ask what's my Gley Lancer worth?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
I'm just thinking we should do this exclusively for ZDTF, maybe a separate thread in everything else as well?

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I think it's a good idea. Can be quite hard to gauge the value of some harder to find pieces. Just have to watch it doesn't become a "Make me an offer" type thread. Not sure how to best enforce that one though.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
I think it's a good idea. Can be quite hard to gauge the value of some harder to find pieces. Just have to watch it doesn't become a "Make me an offer" type thread. Not sure how to best enforce that one though.

I dunno, well let's say for example I'm interested in selling Macross Plus PCB, as you guys know that's not a super rare title but you hardly ever see it for sale, so with that in mind how much should you sell it for if you don't know. Let's say I ask how much is worth in the thread and after finding the answer I proceed to sell it but before that someone PMs me with interest in buying it for the price agreed, how do you feel about that? Is that shady? This is why I want to discuss this. I like giving a general consensus and not asking for more than something is worth.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
This is a good idea, but hard to execute.

Remember when APButtrider was an $80 game?

Ok, maybe that example is extreme...but, I got my Macross from PCEfanX a couple of years ago for $125. It will always be worth $125 to me, even if DRKitty & STV sell it for $300 or more.

We know it's not rare, but like you say-some of these don't pop up too often.

Does that make a $80 game worth $200-300? I dunno how to crack this nut.

Again-great idea...but how do we enact it?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
I don't think going by prices from eons ago is gonna be the way to go. I think the whole philosophy of supply and demand should have an effect but not unfairly like most sellers tend to do in places like ebay and what have you.

You're not gonna get a Batrider for 80 bucks, just like we're not gonna get DDP for 350 or 200 anymore, that ship has long sailed.

Enforcing it? Well, I'm just counting on the good will of people here at ZDTF. Thus why we police this place like hounds, we're fair people and as such we should keep it honest. You can smell a flipper a mile away now days in here so I think we should be safe?

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I like the idea, I'm entertaining the idea of selling some my own special panels, but since they're pretty unique... this would help.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Okay, let's try it out.

I've been looking for a loose Mushihimetama board for several years. I've never seen one offered here. :(

What should I expect to pay when I finally come across one?

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
450   0   0
Sounds like a good idea to me. Couldn't hurt, and it's always helpful to get the opinion of others.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
Okay, let's try it out.

I've been looking for a loose Mushihimetama board for several years. I've never seen one offered here. :(

While not readily available stateside - they are pretty firm at right around $300 in the JP shops; so i'd say that plus maybe $15-25 for ship and fees if you have to import.

I think it might overthinking it with the idea of "what if someone pm's someone trying to get a scoop, or lowball, or use this as a defacto mmao thread." There are already a half a dozen ways to do that. Interest Check, For Trade, etc. Heck, you can post an item in the "I received today" thread and say something like, "probably gonna sell it, not my cup of tea" and lo and behold, you will get some PM's with offers. So, I wouldn't worry about that. As long as people post genuinely unknown / unique / uncommon items then this is a good idea.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Okay, let's try it out.

Get in line, dude!

Lol, j/k...but seriously, get in line.

Legend offered me one for $340, a couple of months ago. I had to pass, because there was a time not too long ago, that it was a $130 board all day. I kick myself for not picking it up.

But this is what I mean-a 'what's it worth' is going to be hella hard to manage, with stuff changing in price so crazily in the last year or two.

I'm open to a team approach, where we have multiple members weigh in, to come to an agreeable/solid consensus.

The OGs will always look out for each other...none of us is going to shit where we eat; however, I really think we have to be open to teamwork to make this work.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
I agree whole heartedly 100%

A general consensus should be a fair gauge to work with, of course a little back up to someone's claims would be good, we don't want people throwing prices out of a hat if you know what I mean. I think if we treat this thread as a suggestion rather than set in stone it could go more chill rather than start some serious debates or anything like it. Just a thought. I'd hate to start bad blood with good pals over some prices, I dunno, maybe that won't even be an issue and I'm just thinking too much into it.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
Me too but the one in question before was Tamma, the puzzle game, personally I think it used to sell for less than Sama 'cause I almost bought it thinking it was a good deal for Sama when I read too quickly, I can't say I know what current value is though but for what I've seen a couple months back on a place like coin express (I know, I know) they had it for sale for more than Sama but they were out of Sama at the time and you know they only update their crazy prices when they have stock. Just stating that as a point reference for correlation to one another for measuring purpose, just my 2 cents.

Edit: IMHO, Tamma really wasn't all that when I played the rom, granted it wasn't running 100% but I got a somewhat feel for it. I liked Uo Poko better 'cause it reminds me of Battle Balls (Seibu).

Last edited:

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Edit: IMHO, Tamma really wasn't all that when I played the rom, granted it wasn't running 100% but I got a somewhat feel for it. I liked Uo Poko better 'cause it reminds me of Battle Balls (Seibu).

Mushihime-Tama rom plays pretty much perfectly on two of my computers, as far as I can tell (unlike MMPork, which lags very badly). I like the game...but it's really hard to justify dropping $300+ on a puzzle game that has definite solutions for every course. It's a really fun game with some fun bosses, but the replay value has a finite limit after a while. Uo Poko too...but at least that's only a $100ish board. Just feels like $300 that's better spent towards getting a CAVE shmup, you know? But if you've gotta have everything Mushihime, then the pull is strong, I'm sure.

Last edited:

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I think it might overthinking it with the idea of "what if someone pm's someone trying to get a scoop, or lowball, or use this as a defacto mmao thread." There are already a half a dozen ways to do that. Interest Check, For Trade, etc. Heck, you can post an item in the "I received today" thread and say something like, "probably gonna sell it, not my cup of tea" and lo and behold, you will get some PM's with offers. So, I wouldn't worry about that. As long as people post genuinely unknown / unique / uncommon items then this is a good idea.

I suppose that's true. I'm just used to people bringing out the pitchforks when prices aren't listed in for sale areas. It's one thing if people are lazy, pitchfork away, but if they're not sure what somethings worth I've still seen quite the debate over how they should sell it on this forum.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I think it's a great idea. I think we all have stuff that's hard to gauge a price on if we sell it. I'm a little to gun shy to sell most unique things as I don't want to be pitch forked anymore then the next guy.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
Exactly, I think if we approach this as an open discussion environment without compromising, it should work drama free...hopefully.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
Bumpacha!

Time to put it to the test.

Air Gallet
Kingdom Grand Prix
Macross Plus
19XX
Brave Blade

Any help or sources are most welcome. I've been thinking of putting up some PCBs in trade for a DDP PCB, just to see if anyone is willing to part with their DDP but chances are no one is gonna, I do however have some PCBs that are sought after and would like to know their value in order to ask for a fair trade.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Bumpacha!

Time to put it to the test.

Air Gallet
Kingdom Grand Prix
Macross Plus
19XX
Brave Blade

Any help or sources are most welcome. I've been thinking of putting up some PCBs in trade for a DDP PCB, just to see if anyone is willing to part with their DDP but chances are no one is gonna, I do however have some PCBs that are sought after and would like to know their value in order to ask for a fair trade.

Aye, I got dibs.

Brave Blade free to TonK? I've always wanted to give that game a try. Lmk.