Yuji Naka arrested for insider trading

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
What?

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
I would imagine that anyone that works for a company and knows what is being produced or developed can be charged with insider trading when they buy stocks.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I would imagine that anyone that works for a company and knows what is being produced or developed can be charged with insider trading when they buy stocks.

I agree. It's a bit ridiculous. Yes it's unethical and should be illegal, but how the fuck do they intend on policing or preventing this sort of thing? I think they're just trying to make an example out of these guys, kind of like the US did with Marth Stewart all those years ago.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member

It’s to do with the timing of when you buy/sell shares when you have information that the rest of the market does not have, which makes it insider trading or not. Anyone can hold shares. The market is supposed to be a free equal playing field. Of course in reality it isn’t, but there needs to be some illusion of fair play going on.

Some people make successful trading careers just following the movements when company directors buy or sell the shares for companies they work for.

I’m a bit miffed that the creator of some of the best games of my childhood is a crook, greed can turn anyone into a dick.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I’m a bit miffed that the creator of some of the best games of my childhood is a crook, greed can turn anyone into a dick.

I mean, why do you hold him to that sort of standard? Money makes almost any man's dick hard regardless of their body of work or contributions to society.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's $20,000 U.S. dollars is what he invested. That's hardly an investment in the first place....
This guy slept with someone's wife, because no one would launch an investigation over $20,000 USD unless you pissed someone off.

Did you guys even read the article before cancelling him? Probably not.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Yes, most companies have "trading windows" for internal employees for that reason.

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
Boy you have to be a real sonic fan to get that. The song referenced isn't from one of the mainline games.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I got dinged on trying to execute a trade with inside knowledge.

It was an honest mistake though, seriously.

It got caught before the trade was executed though so I just got a slap on the wrist. :D

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I am a bit miffed that the creator of some of the best games of my childhood is a crook, greed can turn anyone into a dick.
11 years old? New to the real world? Retarded?

What did he do:

"Naka is alleged to have bought stock in developer Aiming in early 2020, based on inside information that it would be developing the mobile game “Dragon Quest Tact”.

The special investigations unit of the Tokyo District Public Prosecutors Office reportedly says that Naka had bought 10,000 shares in Aiming for $20,000 U.S. dollars after learning about the game in late January 2020 – well before the public reveal of the title the following month."

Oh, the humanity.

Cheating on your wife and power tripping over an intern is 1000x worse. If he's a crook then what are you?

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Cheating on your wife and power tripping over an intern is 1000x worse. If he's a crook then what are you?

I see. You gonna cyberstalk me round the forum now because your lame attempt to discredit me in the war room with misinformation fell flat on its arse. Nice one Sage, keep digging a hole for yourself.

I don’t really understand what your new obsession with me is about, but it’s probably a heady mix of alcoholism, jealousy and repressed homo-erotism stemmed from your attraction to Sylvie, who I dared to insult on account of her being a cunt.

What a petty pathetic poofer you’ve turned out to be :keke:

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Usually it’s impossible to win an argument with an autistic as you can’t rationalise with a retard.

But I like how Sage only picked out the bit were I claimed he was stalking me, so the rest must be true. Game set match bitch.