Your Grading of this GAROU insert? (V Large Pics).

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
I wasn't sure where to post this. I did think in the trading area, but I didn't think it was appropriate, as it's not up for sale. <I don't mind it being moved if need be>

That aside, I wondered if some of you chaps might tell me what you grade the quality of this insert for MOTW out of 10.

It was recently purchased and it has no sun-fade. However, in a reasonable light, to the naked eye you can easily pick out what looks to be like light water damage, with stains most notably on the top edges of the insert.

It may seem faint and I did have trouble getting decent images that show this, but you can see them very clearly with the naked eye. In addition there are a few very small dirt patches and lastly there is a crease line, where pressure (and or damp) has forced the insert against the case framing.

I would therefore appreciate some feedback from Home Cart owners, so I can verify my own grading (and the sellers I must hasten to add). I won't list my rating or the sellers, as this is the test of it I think.

Many thanks in anticipation.

1GAROU.jpg

2GAROU.jpg

3GAROU.jpg

4GAROU.jpg

Links to larger photos of the reverse of the insert;

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h90/CHAOS_STEP/GAROU NEO HC/5GAROU.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h90/CHAOS_STEP/GAROU NEO HC/6GAROU.jpg

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'd give it a 6 out of 10.

Or in the neo grading scale (mint - near mint - excellent - very good - good - fair - poor): fair or good tops.

I'd almost rather have a reprinted insert than that.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Not terrible, not mint either, I'd say SLT got it Pretty spot on. Was it sold as mint?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
By the way, the crease lines aren't that bad, You could probably put them under a heavy weight (like a stack of large books) for a while and straighten those out... it's that ugly finger bend at the bottom where the color has rubbed off and the water damage that I downgraded the insert for.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
The creases/indentations are apart of normal wear due to the AES container's design flaw. What I used to do is line the container with typing paper to protect the insert from those indentations.The water damage and insert discoloration is unacceptable unless it was noted in the description and you knew what to expect.

My advice would be to return that copy and find another.
BB

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yeah, you're right, BB. Those creases are worse than I thought on second inspection.

Downgraded to 5 out of 10. Fair to poor.

bloodhokuto

&#1052;&#1077;&#1085;&#1103; &#1079;&#1086;&#1074;
15 Year Member
Thanks guys, I felt that the insert was very poor and it was not sold as such.

It clearly has water damage, which has manifested itself as stains to the outside of the insert and has accelerated the creasing effect of the cart case frame.

Had the seller followed up on the tell tale stain marks and inspected the insert (by removing it), it would appear obvious that something was up and certainly was not worthy of it's 8/10 rating!

This is my second copy of GAROU, my first has awful sun fade. :(

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
This seriously doesn't belong in Unrelated Topics.

bloodhokuto

&#1052;&#1077;&#1085;&#1103; &#1079;&#1086;&#1074;
15 Year Member
So I returned that copy of Garou, got rid of my other copy with sunfade and managed to snag a really nice copy, care of VGI;

Garou.jpg

I'm finally content with my FF / RB series and pretty much my homecart collection overall.

There aren't many more games that I really am after now, except perhaps Breakers - the best Neo Geo SF clone!

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
can inserts be professionally graded? (srs question, like comics maybe?).. how different are the original inserts from a southtown repro?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I'd give it a 6 out of 10.

Or in the neo grading scale (mint - near mint - excellent - very good - good - fair - poor): fair or good tops.

I'd almost rather have a reprinted insert than that.

This entire post is a lie. If its not, your ocd is worse then mine.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
man fuck homecarts, I can hardly be bothered with MVS anymore what with the stupid label freaks and ridiculous prices, let alone 'AES' .. bleh.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
man fuck homecarts, I can hardly be bothered with MVS anymore what with the stupid label freaks and ridiculous prices, let alone 'AES' .. bleh.

Something kern and I can agree on.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

so...you're into the CDZ now, or what, what's going on here

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I have a one slot and four MVS carts, and it never goes in the cab. I honestly can't think of more games to buy either.

Certainly not MOTW, bored shitless of it.