Your go to CPS2 & ST-V games

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Since I branched out into the CPS2 and ST-V boards recently, I've been enjoying playing some fresh arcade titles that I've never had the opportunity to play before. This got me wondering, what are your go to titles on the CPS2 and ST-V?

Recently I've been playing some Great Mahou Daisakusen, Giga Wing, Super Puzzle Fighter II X, PuzzLoop 2, and Battle Circuit on the CPS2. For the ST-V, I've been playing Sokyugurentai, Purikura Daisakusen, Sando-R, Tanto-R, Baku Baku Animal, and a few others.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
I don't own either physically, but if we're just talking the games then Dynamite Deka will forever be my favorite ST-V game, hands down.
As for CPS2, I really like all of the pre-VS. Marvel games. They have a certain style to them that kinda faded when Capcom characters showed up. Battle Circuit on the CPS2 is also a great beat-em-up that you don't hear talked about much. I'm really looking forward to the Mister CPS2 core coming out soon!

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Whatever is here, I guess.

I have Cotton 1& 2 and Shienryu somewhere around here, prolly in a box with the STV board.

stv.png

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
For CPS2 my go to is Vampire Savior, X-Men: CotA, and Marvel Super Heroes:

05809863-966D-49A2-A8C2-E41DF1A332E0.jpeg

Last edited:

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Progear and Dimahoo are my main CPS2 jams, I think. I met up with a friend a few weeks ago, and we played some Cyberbots, which was a lot of fun. Always particularly liked SFA3 and ST, lots of fun to play with friends.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
My CPS2 favorites are Alien vs Predator, 14XX, Dimahoo, D&D Shadow Over Mystara, Giga Wing, Mars Matrix, Progear and Super Puzzle Fighter 2.
ST-V favorites are Cotton 2, Dynamite Deka, Radiant Silvergun, Soukyugurentai, and Princess Kurara Daisakusen.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
For cps2 it's Hyper Anniversary, Alpha 2, AVP.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Progear for sure on CPS2. The only way to play it outside of that fugly Capcom stick.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
STV: Guardian Force, Souky, Shienryu, Raidant Silvergun. Usually Guardian Force though, I'm an addict. Would like to get one of the Cotton games some day.

CPS2: AvP, Mars Matrix. Would like to get a Gigawing some day, not going to bother shopping for Progear.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Progear for sure on CPS2. The only way to play it outside of that fugly Capcom stick.

It's coming to Switch in February as part of the Capcom Arcade Stadium release. Better there than a fugly Capcom stick!

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
So I have had both the ST-V and the CPS2 multis for a long time now and I still keep finding new games to play that are great. On the ST-V, I have not played the mini game series’, but they are on my list to get to soon...Sando-R, Tanto-R, and Maruchan de Goo. I like the Othello game on there too.

On CPS2, Super Puzzle Fighter II is awesome. There’s a fun Pang game too.

And of course, the main reason I bought both multis was for the shmups. They are all quite excellent.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
On ST-V I played a lot of Radiant Silvergun, Dynamite Deka and Puyo Puyo Sun!

On CPS-2, mostly fighters. Vampire Savior and SF Alpha 2 & 3 are probably the ones I've played most. Love D&D:SOM too, but requires longer play sessions.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
For ST-V: Die Hard, Shienryu, Radiant Silvergun and Cotton 2.

CPS2: SSF2T, Progear, Alien Vs Predator, and I recently generated a love for Mars Matrix.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
ST-V: Final Fight Revenge proto, Winter Heat, & Decathlete.

CPS2: X•MEN CotA, AvP, & 19Xx

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I only have a few CPS2 games:
Progear Bootleg Edition
AVP
SFZ2

I feel like I don't need to buy the games that have really good DC ports. But I would like a Puzzle Fighter board since the 360 version's characters looks so crummy. The unported shmups are almost always out of my budget when they do come up, which is rare to begin with.