- Dark Souls II

Biggest Disappointments

- Watch Dogs
- Destiny
- AC: Unity

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Dark Souls 2, because it got me into the series and now I'm going back and playing through DS1 then onto Demon's Souls.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Console
Super smash bros - Wii U: played the hell out of this game the past few days. Such a great fighter
Mario Kart 8 - much more arcadey in feel and tone, which equates to more fun.

Handheld
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire- 3DS:- its much better pacing and a wealth of stuff to do
Theatrhythm Curtain Call - 3DS: much more fleshed out than its predecessor
Smash Bros - 3DS; see above

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
The only 2014 games I've bought are:
Bravely Default
Titanfall (got this one for free actually)
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Bravely Default is amazing.
Titanfall was fun but I got sick of it after a few months of playing on the weekend.
Jojo's is well made but kind of boring.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Persona 4: Arena Ultimax
Far Cry 4
Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign-
Strider

Honorable mention:
Bayonetta 2
-get more games and I might buy a Wiiu

marktheshark

Morden's Lackey
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Retro's doing a really good job of bringing back the DKC series for modern consoles so far. This one's even better since you have more control options so no more having to use a Wiimote and tilting it to roll. :buttrock:

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Retro's doing a really good job of bringing back the DKC series for modern consoles so far. This one's even better since you have more control options so no more having to use a Wiimote and tilting it to roll. :buttrock:

That's one I'd really like to play. I don't have a Wii U, so I'm at the mercy of what my friends buy and want to play. That said, my favorite games of 2014 are Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. Wii U. But I've only played a handful of titles from this year.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
There were the big name games of course like Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros (neither of which disappointed thankfully)...

But my real favorites were the pleasant surprises like:
- Curtain Call (3DS)
- Captain Toad (Wii U)
- Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)
- Freedom Wars (Vita)

Oddly enough, the only one of those games I've spent a considerable amount of time playing is Curtain Call...but the other ones have left such a good impression on me I will spend alot more time on them once I have some more time.

Heck, I'll even give an honorable mention to Bayonetta 2 (even though I still like NG3 RE more...)

Also, I have Senran Kagura (Vita) in the mail right now...and I am sure that will please as well....

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Persona 4: Golden (Vita)
Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls (PC)
Gran Turismo 6 (PS3)
Crusader Kings II and the expansions (PC)
Europa Universalis IV (PC)
Spelunky (PC)

I played A LOT of games in 2014. I had some free time on my hands. I think I had the most fun playing online and skype chatting while playing Diablo 3. The game got really good after the Loot 2.0 patch.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Hearthstone is the #1 game for me in 2014. I log on at least once a day to get in a match or two. I guess Diablo 3 and World of Warcraft are up there, too, but those are off and on.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
The only 2014 games I've bought are:
Bravely Default

I'd say that game, but the twist that made it extremely tedious ruined it for me, so it's a close second.

I vote for Fantasy Life.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
In no particular order, these were my top 5 games of the past year:

Strikers 1945+ (MVS)
Gunlord (MVS)
Super Turrican (SNES)
Mega Man 2 (NES)
Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (PCE)

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
For actual 2014 releases...

1) Bravely Default - This game isn't just in the running for favorite 2014 game, it's also one of my favorite all time games. Really excited for Bravely Second next year.
2) Bayonetta 2 - Was not a big fan of the first title and even after playing through the second, still not. But this game, they nailed it 100%.
3) Super Smash Bros WiiU - Everything about this game is more grand than the prior titles.
4) Guilty Gear Xrd - Great return for the series. I'm still getting into it, but the magic is there.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
2014 games? Ain't nobody got time for dat.

I wish I played more games this year. I could tell you about the awesomeness of Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros and Guilty Gear like a real nigga.

Truth is, most of my stuff collected dust this year. I'm just an old fart who's falling asleep in front of the TV now :(

Last edited:

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
X bone/PS4:
1. Alien Isolation
2. Shadow of Mordor
3. Diablo 3 expansion

Wii U:
1. Bayonetta 2
2. Donkey Kong Country
3. Mario Kart 8

I second Coryoon ' s statement on getting old and falling asleep in front of the TV. This is happening more and more often

Last edited:

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I've been bonin' it up with the Master Chief Collection these past few days. Most fun/time I've had for video games all year.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Shovel Knight
Dark Souls II
Mario Kart 8
Shantae and the Pirates Curse

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
^ Shantae was pretty darn good.

My favorite by far was Super Time Force. Looks like a run & gun, but has a lot of puzzle-like depth to it. Plus it's funny as hell if you enjoy dumb puns like I do.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Dark Souls 2, because it got me into the series and now I'm going back and playing through DS1 then onto Demon's Souls.

You started with the worst one. Most people like Dark Souls 1 best, and I really can't argue that, but Demon's Souls is freaking awesome. It's a shame you missed it in its prime. The level design, and all around atmosphere is the best. If you are playing on PS3 or steam hit me up.

mine...

Dark Souls 2
Bravely Default
Link Between Worlds
Curtain Call
Grimrock 2

this has been the year of handhelds for me. I could go on for awhile.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
1.) Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
2.) Alien: Isolation
3.) Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
5,) Space Hulk: Ascension
5.) The Banner Saga
6.) Bravely Default
7.) Assassin's Creed: Rogue
8.) Final Fantasy Theatrhythm: Curtain Call
9.) Valiant Hearts: The Great War
10.) Child of Light

Disappointments:

AC: Unity
The Evil Within

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
I'm going to go with CoD:AW (PS4) as my fave this year. I haven't put so much time on MP since CoD4.
#2 goes to South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS3). It's a loving tribute to games like SM:RPG while keeping the over-the-top humor intact.
#3 goes to P.T. Demo (PS4). Scariest experience I've had when it comes to games/movies.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
#3 goes to P.T. Demo (PS4). Scariest experience I've had when it comes to games/movies.

Seconded. Only a few scenes of Dead Space have grabbed me from no where. PT got me quite a bit. It bodes well for Silent Hills.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
South Park, stick of truth was the only game I bought day one and fully enjoyed. No season pass crap or anything, it was glorious.