Your common homecarts aren't fake. Please don't ask.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Seeing people on the forums asking if their common games might be counterfeit, let me answer in advance - no, they are not fake.

The cost of making a fake King of Fighters 2000 Japanese home cart is over double the cost of a mint King of Fighters 2000 Japanese home cart.

Let that sink in for a little bit.

The cost of a fake King of Fighters 95 Japanese home cart would be about 4x the price of a mint Japanese King of Fighters 95.

Counterfeit games are typically made from either ether and mythril, or they are made from other games. Both are expensive, but sacrificing other games to make a frankenstein home cart is the cheaper route.

Except with a game like KoF2000, can you even use a KoF95 board and swap in the chips? Someone with knowledge of making fake games can answer that, but I imagine the answer is that a counterfeiter would need a more expensive sac cart. And it's possible that the cheapest sac cart to make KoF2000 is KoF2000. But I can't say that for sure.

Your Blazing Star, Neo Turf Masters, Rage of the Dragons, Samurai Shodown 0 Special, Dracula X, and Twinkle Star Sprites are all fake though. No need to ask us about those either.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Somebody's salty.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
When did Dracula X get a homecart release?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Somebody's salty.

53676205.jpg

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Sometimes i doubt your comitment to the scene and think any day you will leave. A mini bobak of sorts.

Then you post stuff like this and all is good again.

Last edited:

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Your Blazing Star, Neo Turf Masters, Rage of the Dragons, Samurai Shodown 0 Special, Dracula X, and Twinkle Star Sprites are all fake though. No need to ask us about those either.

And your Ninja Masters.

If you still have it...

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
that ninja masters is legit
(provenance)

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Strange, considering that Puzzle Bobble is common as dirt and cheap, yet there are lots of bootlegs. Just the other day I got a lot of MVS carts. The only boot was the only PB cart. Not even the Garous or Slug 3 were boots.

Regards.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Strange, considering that Puzzle Bobble is common as dirt and cheap, yet there are lots of bootlegs. Just the other day I got a lot of MVS carts. The only boot was the only PB cart. Not even the Garous or Slug 3 were boots.

Regards.

MVS, yes. This thread is about AES (homecarts)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
So, Derek, would you say you hold some lingering animosity towards this Dion? You can let it all out, this is a safe place.

:keke:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Except with a game like KoF2000, can you even use a KoF95 board and swap in the chips? Someone with knowledge of making fake games can answer that, but I imagine the answer is that a counterfeiter would need a more expensive sac cart. And it's possible that the cheapest sac cart to make KoF2000 is KoF2000. But I can't say that for sure.

Doesn't KOF2K have a custom daughterboard only available on it and MOTW? Your theory may be correct...you would need a legit JP KOF2K to make a fake JP KOF2K. (Let that sink in)

Jon

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
I think one of the metal slugs also had that daughterboard. Was it 3?

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
MS3 does indeed have some revisions with a daughterboard. My MVS version does at least.

Although there are multiple revisions of the AES version (first and second run), I don't think either has the daughterboard.