Xeno Crisis coming to Neo Geo

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Same! Can't believe the day is almost upon us. Any one see any footage of the final Neo build? Kinda surprised there hasn't been an update with some more footage prior to shipment.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Got my tracking number this morning as well. The order page lists my old address and not the new one that I'd corrected it to when i was asked for a shipping address confirmation. So i hope the order page is wrong and they shipped it to the right address. Though since it looks like it'll get here via the mail I went ahead and filled out a change of address w/USPS real quick just in case.

Hope it shows up w/no hassle...

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Just got a reply back from Mike at Bitmap (17 minutes after I email asking about the address, nice quick reply) telling me that it was indeed shipped out to the proper address that was given to them in the address confirmation form. I guess it just didn't update the address in their system to show the right address on the order page.

So, if anyone else notices that the order page address doesn't match the address on the confirmation form then just know that they shipped it to the address on the confirmation form and not the one on the order page.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
I received one of my two tracking numbers. I ordered the AES version later on.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
I got my tracking number this morning. Hopefully they got enough Neo sales for them to do future games.
As long as it doesn't take 2+ years to produce, I'm all for it. But then again, two years probably isn't the longest people have waited for a Neo Geo release.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Im hoping for good cd sales but I doubt theres a chance in hell that it sold well.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Im hoping for good cd sales but I doubt theres a chance in hell that it sold well.
Aggregate sales might be good though, when you consider it came out on Dreamcast, Genesis and multiple Neo Geo formats as well as the digital release. We'll know soon enough. Tanglewood for example must have done OK considering Big Evil Corp are making another Genny game

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
As long as it doesn't take 2+ years to produce, I'm all for it. But then again, two years probably isn't the longest people have waited for a Neo Geo release.

They had a lot of problems designing the PCB's as i recall, as well as a few other non-typical setbacks while they were producing the Neo versions. Now that they have those issues figured out and now how to produce physical Neo carts it shouldn't take nearly as long to put out any new games should they make more.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Got my confirmation too and am in the edge of my seat! I've been looking forward to this for the last couple years and realistically hoped it would arrive by the end of '21. Looks like that's happening and I couldn't be happier. Well I guess I'll be happier when the game is in hand and I can finally play it and give my first impressions.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Anyone that's received it - do you get the music from left channel only? If I test any other MVS cart everything sounds normal, but it seems the game is outputting music to only left channel. Sound effects and everything else is correct between both channels.

It's annoying because it sounds worse than the Megadrive version that way...

Also noticed a bank switching issue (I think) - tiles messed up.

Cleaned edges a few times. Test any other MVS cart and they all work perfectly. I suspect the graphical thing might not glitch on other MVS models - it could be 1FZ related. I've got tonnes of other MVS to test against later, including other 1FZ if I need to. I think the graphical thing is board layout related tbh. No reply from the developers yet.

Last edited:

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Tested on 4 slot, 6 slot and 2 slot - on that one I used head phone out to be sure of the audio issue. Yep, 95% of music is in left channel. Right channel is very very low on all those MVS, and a bit noisey from what I could tell. But other sounds all come through centre or both as you might expect. The graphical issue seems only to occur on the couple of 1FZ I've tested.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Mate, maybe you got a problematic cart. Speak to the guys in BB, they will most probably replace this.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Mate, maybe you got a problematic cart. Speak to the guys in BB, they will most probably replace this.
I dont think so - I understand how the audio works on the MVS. It's CODED on the cart to be mostly left channel. Unless they wrote the wrong M1 to my cart, that's the only way I could see music going 95% to the left. Let's see what other find before I do a "They fucked it up" video...

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Damn... I hope my aes cart doesn't have weird audio when it arrives

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Damn... I hope my aes cart doesn't have weird audio when it arrives
I think when first hearing it you may not notice a problem! If your stereo setup is good, or you use headphones - it's very obvious. I might see if they can swap the cart, but I think it's unlikely to be a cart problem. Sound for just music being pushed super left, can only be the way it was programmed to the cart. That leads me to worry is this going to be something that needs a recall, and will they even offer that to all? The alternative is some dodgy M1 was written to this cart and not others?!?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I already had concerns about the ADPCM audio, and you're not making me feel any better. Someone on Facebook also reported the music volume is low.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Things like this make me really sad tbh =( It could have been perfect! I am hoping that maybe they had 8 programmers, and perhaps 1 of them had the wrong M1 or V ROMs or something. If this does affect all carts, it's going to p*** off a lot of people I think. The thing I LOVE about the Megadrive version is that kick ass music. It sounds crap on my cart here when its all mono to the left... =/ I was so excited for it all arriving too =/

I also worry they developed against a 1F or something and had the audio switched to mono or something. Therefore you wouldnt notice mixing issues like this. I suspect the Neo CD version should be OK - will test that tomorrow!

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
I also worry they developed against a 1F or something and had the audio switched to mono or something.
Hmmm... I dont know about that. For such a small setup, they went to great lengths to get every variant of the mobo's for testing. I doubt they were careless enough to leave the switch on mono. Fingers crossed its a dodgey cart, I have no doubt they will replace it for you if that is the case.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
You just have to wait for the patch to fix it. Oh wait....

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
People on Facebook and Reddit both seemed to confirm the same audio issue.

Last edited:

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Well, this is bad news imho - I cannot imagine they will be able to fund return shipping of a recall etc. Personally I will offer to pay return shipping if they can fix it. It's not my problem, but it was crowd funded - they did f*** up here, but in the interest of me getting what I want, and them not losing out huge money I would suggest they allow for a donation in cases that don't mind donating, for those that want it fixing?!? Just an idea, maybe they will just offer a return and fix solution?