X68k Mini

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Most of these mini consoles get eye rolls from me, but this one is something I can get behind (if it turns out well).

FUs02_macAACBJC.jpg

4dbba05f2a8e8558c824798ac48e53833c2bfbd3.jpg

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I like the system but I'm not sure about the actual content and target group. The fame of the x68k among hardcore gamers came from its arcade-perfect ports but you can play them on emu or shitons of official releases on shitons of consoles starting from PSX to current systems so I don't really see the point, unless they include the more obscure stuff which may cater to Japanese fans but that would be it.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
They'll be some Limited Run release in an "exclusive US purple" variant that will be $200 higher than the Japanese release with only 100 available to only the most ardent of shelf collectors. Mark me. lol

I'm with @Takumaji - not sure who the target audience is here unless you lived in Japan and dove into the Japanese exclusive titles that weren't 68000-centric arcade ports. I mean, there are better ways to play Akumajou Dracula these days... Still, it's a cool little thing that will probably have the same kind of nostalgia pull in Japan as the C64 mini and Amiga Mini in the territories where those micros took off.

Last edited:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Since real X68K machines are likely past the price range of me getting started with one, I might have some level of want for this. Is there a release date?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If this comes loaded with the cool games I'd absolutely get this to tinker with since I've never had the real hardware. I'd pick it up for Castlevania alone. Of course, it remains to be seen if they actually try to pick up those Konami and Capcom licenses.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Since real X68K machines are likely past the price range of me getting started with one, I might have some level of want for this. Is there a release date?
No release date yet – only the teaser images have been released. Zuiki is the same company that's manufactured a bunch of mini consoles though, so hopefully they nail it.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I like the system but I'm not sure about the actual content and target group. The fame of the x68k among hardcore gamers came from its arcade-perfect ports but you can play them on emu or shitons of official releases on shitons of consoles starting from PSX to current systems so I don't really see the point, unless they include the more obscure stuff which may cater to Japanese fans but that would be it.

that's true for all of these mini consoles.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member

Japanese kickstarter first then a regular production after that.

https://kibidango.com/2285

It's been 35 years since the X68000 took the world by storm with its mind-blowing specifications and arcade port of "Gradius. The "X68000" took the world by storm with its mind-blowing specifications and a port of the arcade game "Gradius.

It was a "dream beyond dreams," the dream of many a PC boy. We want to revive this monster machine as the "X68000 Z" by downsizing it while recreating the design of the time.
To do this, we need the understanding and cooperation of our supporters to raise at least 33 million yen, and if possible, 100 million yen.

We look forward to the understanding and enthusiastic support of all "X68000" fans.

---

Introduction

We at Zuki Corporation have been involved in the development and manufacture of numerous mini-retro game consoles.

Even people who do not play games have heard of them. However, not all of the great consoles that deserve to be called legends are known to everyone. They are known only to those in the know. For game and PC fans, the revival of famous machines that can bring back memories of those days with enthusiasm. We launched "Project Z" with a sense of mission as a company responsible for development in this field.

The first project released by Project Z is the revival of the X68000, a monster machine of its time.

---

Why crowdfunding?

When we announced "X68000 Z," we received a great response on the Internet, including Twitter.
Along with the joy and anticipation, we are still receiving comments from many people that they want to see a system in which the product is properly delivered to the hands of those who want it.

In addition, it is a challenging product that requires a certain level of skill and understanding on the part of the users who have purchased the product in order to bring it to completion, and it is not an easy product to distribute in general from the beginning.

Given these circumstances, we have decided to utilize the crowdfunding system, which will enable us to determine the number of demand while gathering your understanding and sympathy, and to deliver the product to those who want it.
We would be grateful for your understanding and support, as well as your enthusiasm.

https://www.deepl.com/translator

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
same CPU from all mini: ZUIKI Z7213 SoC
Easy to mod ? for installing ES

EDIT
it's old, but for 20$ : Helmets x68000 Raspberry Pi case (2/3 model B/B+)

Last edited: