X-Arcade Joystick Neo Geo Themed

ajflutie

n00b
Background: I have been wanting a MVS cabinet for over 5 years, but because of my job I move year to year and it is not very practical for me to have one because I have no permanent home.

Solution: I bought a X-Arcade stick to modify into a Neo Geo theme joystick. I bought the Dual Joystick instead of the Tankstick because I do not want a track ball in the middle of my joy stick (looks tacky imo).

Process: So I took the x-arcade dual, replaced both joysticks with happs competition. Replaced 8 buttons with happs competition buttons. Measured the joystick and created a design and had it printed at a local print shop, put it all together then boom!

1568ewl.jpg

28hq7gp.jpg

11ta7u1.jpg

Still not the OG MVS, but will do until I am able to get one! One pro is I am able to use it with other games including my favorite KOF, 13.

If anyone wants my original decal design just ask and I will send it to you.

Vidfreaky

New Challenger
That's cool dude! I'm the same way, I'd love a full red cab but no room in my condo for it so I bought the Omega CMVS.

How do you connect the X-Arcade to your Neo Geo? Do they make an AES adapter?

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
That looks nice man, well done.

Seems pretty versatile too.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Looks nice, I would recommend replacing the Happ gear with IL, Happ is now Chinamart stuff and is not what they used to be :(

ajflutie

n00b
Thanks everyone!

How do you connect the X-Arcade to your Neo Geo? Do they make an AES adapter?

It is USB, so it plugs up to my PC and I use Steam/NeoRageX.

Im not sure, someone very technical might know. There is a VGA port and the joystick itself uses the keyboard hack instead of actually being a controller. So I am sure the window is open for some converting modifications.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
oh wow, that is too awesome! very good solution for an awesome twin stick with that neo geo feel to it!

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Thanks everyone!

It is USB, so it plugs up to my PC and I use Steam/NeoRageX.

Im not sure, someone very technical might know. There is a VGA port and the joystick itself uses the keyboard hack instead of actually being a controller. So I am sure the window is open for some converting modifications.

I think this applies, but not totally sure. Undamned makes USB to DB15 adapters that can use x360 or ps3 sticks. 100proof has a pair of em, he uses em for his CMVS. I've also used em on my supergun with a neo setup and they worked perfectly.

unfortunately, I think they are all sold out atm, but I thought I saw him say on SRK that he plans to make more soon (Which is good cuz I need some, I've been borrowing 100proof's)

http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/undamned-usb-decoder/1551-undamned-db15-usb-decoder.html

edit: and yer stick does look really nice man :D

Last edited:

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Really liking this mod OP, never been a fan of the X-Arcade sticks but you managed to make them look sexy. Looks great!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
looks nice. Good thing you replaced the buttons/sticks. I'd go with Pandas recommendation and get some IL sticks.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
this is one of the best looking x-arcade sticks ive seen, looks clean. I feel you on moving every year. im on the same boat and i have a big red. Its a pain but only costs me lunch and some beer to get my friend to help me out lol.
Btw what monitor is that? Just curious.

Also, you should consider playing NG games on fightcade. Its pretty good plus nothing beats human opponents

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I love the design, but isn't it strange to have the black buttons concave while the rest are convex?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Plug the extra black button at the bottom, it's useless anyway. Make the black buttons convex as well and you're all set.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Looks great but I wouldn't be able to deal with the button configuration personally.
BB