WTB PS2 Network Adapter

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Your in box is full.

Also, is this the one you are looking for?

20201217_060453.jpg
20201217_060459.jpg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
Amazon sells the sata one's. Might want to go with one of those since you could put a bigger new drive.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You lose the ethernet port with those chinese SATA ones, I'd recommend actually modding an official one for SATA.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
You lose the ethernet port with those chinese SATA ones, I'd recommend actually modding an official one for SATA.

I never bothered with the network adapter on the original adapter or sata adapter. It's so easy to pull out the HD and just plug it into the pc via usb.

Burning Fight!!

10 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never bothered with the network adapter on the original adapter or sata adapter. It's so easy to pull out the HD and just plug it into the pc via usb.

But what about the online GAEMS (and booting isos from outside the HDD via network)?
Resident Evil Outbreak is still gold to this day. I ain't giving up ethernet lol

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
But what about the online GAEMS (and booting isos from outside the HDD via network)?
Resident Evil Outbreak is still gold to this day. I ain't giving up ethernet lol

I didn't even know online games still worked on the ps2. I don't think I played any online games on the ps2. I did on the og Xbox but not ps2. Yea, I guess if your still doing stuff online it makes sense. I also never tried running games through the network. I did transfer iso's through the network but for me never found it to be a necessity.

Its just to easy to unscrew 2 screws pull out the adapter and plug in the hard drive to the pc. It's been awhile since I added games but I think I also added stuff through the thumb drive.

Burning Fight!!

10 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't even know online games still worked on the ps2. I don't think I played any online games on the ps2. I did on the og Xbox but not ps2. Yea, I guess if your still doing stuff online it makes sense. I also never tried running games through the network. I did transfer iso's through the network but for me never found it to be a necessity.

Its just to easy to unscrew 2 screws pull out the adapter and plug in the hard drive to the pc. It's been awhile since I added games but I think I also added stuff through the thumb drive.

I suppose it really is since transfering through ethernet is slower than directly into the hdd via SATA, but I find it to be too unwieldy of a process myself. Maybe if I had one of those neat USB3 SATA hdd docks.

Yeah there are several (revived) online ps2 games but you can count on fingers the games that aren't a ghost town. Outbreak and its sequel has a surprisingly active community, you can hop in any time of the day and join a full 4-man game if you're not too picky on difficulty settings or scenario configs (and if you are just create your own, you'll fill it up with relative ease).

Funny thing is that I used to goof off in Battlefield 2 on the PS2 in 2014 on official servers. Some lasted a damn long time and no one really knows why lol

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
I suppose it really is since transfering through ethernet is slower than directly into the hdd via SATA, but I find it to be too unwieldy of a process myself. Maybe if I had one of those neat USB3 SATA hdd docks.

Yeah there are several (revived) online ps2 games but you can count on fingers the games that aren't a ghost town. Outbreak and its sequel has a surprisingly active community, you can hop in any time of the day and join a full 4-man game if you're not too picky on difficulty settings or scenario configs (and if you are just create your own, you'll fill it up with relative ease).

Funny thing is that I used to goof off in Battlefield 2 on the PS2 in 2014 on official servers. Some lasted a damn long time and no one really knows why lol

Yea, I guess if a bunch of people are still playing, they keep those servers going. I also have one of those HDD docks and they are great. Just keep it on my desk connected to my pc. I use it more for cloning drives but also comes in handy for transferring stuff quickly. Nice if I'm upgrading a drive on my computer to just clone it and extend it with disk utility if it's a bigger drive.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
Will outbreak work online if you don't have the disc and are running the game from the hard drive? I think I'll give it shot for shit and gigs.

Burning Fight!!

10 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will outbreak work online if you don't have the disc and are running the game from the hard drive? I think I'll give it shot for shit and gigs.

It does, but it has to be the Japanese version and you have to configure the DNS in the network settings to point to their servers. I used to play with my original copy (with the built-in HDD install feature) but using an HDD install via OPL is way faster.

http://obsrv.org/wiki/index.php?n=Server.FAQ

IIRC the same guy who did the custom servers to this two games also did servers for a PS2 Gundam game.

Last edited:

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I have a PS2 network adapter with an official hard drive and hard drive boot disc if you’re not squared away yet...