WTB: Just snagged an SSDS3 - Looking for SuperGrafx!

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As the title says gentlemen. I'm going whole-hog on this NEC setup. Probably my last real console purchase before I dip my balls in MiSTer. Wait, does that make me ghey?

Looking for an unmodded SuperGrafx in decent condition.

fuck - posted this in the wrong forum....

Last edited:

ginoscope

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a mister setup recently and I do own an ssds3 with a supergrafx. I would recommend you try out the mister first. The turbo core is so good you may not want to invest in a supergrafx.

c0nn0r

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've heard that the MiSTer core is quite good, but I do want to have the original for erection reasons. Same reason I got a MegaCD to put under my MD with it's MegaSD in is. After this I will be going full MiSTer.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I just got an SSDS3 and have it hooked up to a Supergrafx too. I almost never use my Supergrafx so it’s like it’s gotten a new lease on life now. :) It’s not as compact as a regular console but it’s a heck of setup. Glad I never got around to selling it. Good luck in your search!

I’ve been intrigued by MiSTer as well. Maybe next year...

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Rating - 100%
309   0   0
Ive been after a SG for several years and after playing the 3 exclusive games....I no longer want one. Don't overpay, it's not worth what they ask.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
It’s not 3 exclusive games. SuperGrafx had 7 exclusive games. (5 + 2)

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I got a deal several years back on mine before prices started going nuts. I doubt I’d get one now.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I got a deal several years back on mine before prices started going nuts. I doubt I’d get one now.

I got one last December for $50 on eBay, gave it to my ex when she moved out - when I went to rebuy one in the spring - it was ridiculous. Good luck OP.

Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Supergrafx will only be worth it when someone dumps "Strider (SGX).pce".

Surely it will be better made than the Arcade CD version, and without the corrupted/incorrect palettes, right?

c0nn0r

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just got a mister setup recently and I do own an ssds3 with a supergrafx. I would recommend you try out the mister first. The turbo core is so good you may not want to invest in a supergrafx.

You looking to sell your SGX?

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Your entitled to your own opinion. The SuperGrafx had 5 hucards which ONLY functioned on the SuperGrafx console. That’s 5 pieces of supportive software. Yes, 1941 & Ghouls n Ghosts were ports of their arcade counterparts. So what? What difference does that make? How does that negate them? Super Mario World counts as a SNES game (original effort) and Magic Sword (arcade port) counts the same. How is this any different? Furthermore, Darius Plus & Darius Alpha (although playable on a standard pc engine) have enhancements which, again, can only be accessed & utilized on a SuperGrafx console.

It could possibly be debated wether the Supergrafx had 5 or 7 games in its library. I don’t, but some people do. But I have NEVER heard anyone ever argue against it having those 5. I have no idea why you would think this way, but again, your entitled to your opinion.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Rating - 100%
309   0   0
Your entitled to your own opinion. The SuperGrafx had 5 hucards which ONLY functioned on the SuperGrafx console. That’s 5 pieces of supportive software. Yes, 1941 & Ghouls n Ghosts were ports of their arcade counterparts. So what? What difference does that make? How does that negate them? Super Mario World counts as a SNES game (original effort) and Magic Sword (arcade port) counts the same. How is this any different? Furthermore, Darius Plus & Darius Alpha (although playable on a standard pc engine) have enhancements which, again, can only be accessed & utilized on a SuperGrafx console.

It could possibly be debated wether the Supergrafx had 5 or 7 games in its library. I don’t, but some people do. But I have NEVER heard anyone ever argue against it having those 5. I have no idea why you would think this way, but again, your entitled to your opinion.

Shut the fuck up you moron. I said EXCLUSIVES. Ports are ports. Jesus fucking Christ you're dumb. Go sell some more clip art you dumbass.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
I carefully & politely clarified the vagueness (inaccuracy) in your post. And I even made it clear that you were entitled to your opinion. Your spiteful overreaction was not in the same kindness and was completely unnecessary & unwarranted. (it’s why so many people hate this site) There’s not a single historian in the world who doesn’t classify the SuperGrafx as having 5 games. And the vast majority agree it’s 7.

Putting aside some much later years PlayStation compilations & emulations, the ONLY way to play 1941 was (STILL IS) if you had the CPS1 arcade board or the SuperGrafx version. If that’s not “exclusive” enough for you, then so be it.

And even if you strongly disagree with me, then say so, but anger & insults are simply not needed.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
Relax SG, you sound like some noob who joined yesterday. Talking about insults. Moron isn't even really all that bad.

Who cares about the supergrafx anyways.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darius Plus & Darius Alpha (although playable on a standard pc engine) have enhancements which, again, can only be accessed & utilized on a SuperGrafx console.

If only you knew how hilariously half-baked the "enhancements" NEC Avenue made to Darius Plus were...

Darius_Plus_Layers.jpg

Funny how they tried to pretend they were still supporting the Supergrafx by making those "dual system" hucards. No, developers and SGX owners, we, the only dev of Supergrafx software, aren't abandoning the platform, trust us.

I often wonder how did they manage to fuck up so badly, this is beyond Sega of America/Japan bickering fail tier.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Yes, I’ve got an MVS Thrash Rally cart available.
Might have the mini marquee, but need to check on that.
For you, I could do $45 shipped on it.
(continental USA)

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Yes, I’ve got an MVS Thrash Rally cart available.
Might have the mini marquee, but need to check on that.
For you, I could do $45 shipped on it.
(continental USA)

Many thanks!!

I’ll shoot you the PayPal later tonight. I can send usps money order if you prefer.
Please PM me your details.