WTB: GBI Gameboy Interface memory cards

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
147   0   1
Can someone make me .gbi GameCube memory cards so I can play GBA either through the Zelda XPro GameCube HDMI adapter or through Framemeister using component cables?

I don’t own a Wii and I’m don’t think you can make these GBI memory cards any other way. I’m using the 007 Agent Under disk/exploit if that helps.

Ideally I’m looking for a memory card with the 240p output GBI and a second memory with the 720p output GBI that will work. :loco:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
You can buy a SD memory card adapter for $5 on eBay and make it yourself.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
147   0   1
I have dropped the files onto an SD memory card adapter and it won't work. Apparently you need a Pro Action Replay + SD Memory card adapter OR a modded Wii to create a card to work with an exploitable game.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
You need a way to boot game boy interface directly or run swiss first, then GBI after. The most direct option is installing a modchip and burning the ISO release of GBI onto a mini DVD-R disc.

Given you already have a 007 Agent Under Fire exploit available, just get one of those SD memory card adapters, setup the game's exploit to boot Swiss located on an SD card in memory slot B and then run GBI from there. I think you can also have an exploited game boot GBI directly but Swiss is just better. It's like the Gamecube version of the Wii's Homebrew Channel.

Also for clarification, you can't just whip up a plain Gamecube memory card to run GBI, even if you have an exploited save file for SSBM/Agent Under Fire/etc. GBI, Swiss and other Gamecube homebrew software needs the SD memory card adapter. Gamecube memory cards are only functional with save files.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Holy crap what the hell are you guys talking about?? sounds interesting

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Neorebel,

Gameboy Interface is a homebrew program that replaces the software disc that comes with the Gameboy Player. It allows for much better graphic options, including playing the games in 240p with no scaling. You have to run it either from a DVD-R with a modded cube or use a Pro Action Replay with GBI on a memory card.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Neorebel,

Gameboy Interface is a homebrew program that replaces the software disc that comes with the Gameboy Player. It allows for much better graphic options, including playing the games in 240p with no scaling. You have to run it either from a DVD-R with a modded cube or use a Pro Action Replay with GBI on a memory card.

Whoa! I'm definitely going to look into this, particularly if there is an action replay workaround to modding. I still have my GCN and GBA player. I'll have to look up that "Zelda XPro GameCube HDMI adapter" too - I had no idea there was an alternative to the component cables that I never shelled out for

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
What chu linked to is probably the cheapest way to get it done since it has both the things you need. If you're handy the mod chip it super cheap too.

Thamiel

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Whoa! I'm definitely going to look into this, particularly if there is an action replay workaround to modding. I still have my GCN and GBA player. I'll have to look up that "Zelda XPro GameCube HDMI adapter" too - I had no idea there was an alternative to the component cables that I never shelled out for
That ZeldaXpro thing is a pile of shit. Get this: https://insurrectionindustries.com/product/carby/

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
What chu linked to is probably the cheapest way to get it done since it has both the things you need. If you're handy the mod chip it super cheap too.

Thanks guys I appreciate it! Looks like that adapter Thamiel posted is a little less expensive too, but it's out of stock atm

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
I have the Carby, it's very good. My one thought though is one probably shouldn't use it in tandem with Gamecube games run from an SD memory card adapter, I get games with visible stutter. Running games direct from the optical drive works fine.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I have the Carby, it's very good. My one thought though is one probably shouldn't use it in tandem with Gamecube games run from an SD memory card adapter, I get games with visible stutter. Running games direct from the optical drive works fine.

I never had much luck with running anything from a memory card adapter outside of the Gameboy Interface. The modchip is cheap and easy to install, and the mini DVDrs are getting hard to find but you can still order them from Amazon.