WTB: Empty Candy Cab

acblunden2

Rugal's Thug
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need something for TATE games. Already have an Astro City. Would like to pair it up with another one. Condition doesn't matter as I am handy. If it has a broken off/cracked CP from someone sitting on it, I'll take it as long as the pieces are still there. I have a spare 29" monitor I am hoping to pair it up with. Will be a personal collection piece, no need for purity; just exterior aesthetics need to be in place

Local pick-up Norcal. Please let me know.

Last edited:

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Rating - 100%
216   0   0
Good luck finding an empty candy cab. Why not just buy a complete one and TATE it, I'd be easier.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
$1,050 for a roached-out NAC is a pretty optimistic price point.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
Good luck finding an empty candy cab. Why not just buy a complete one and TATE it, I'd be easier.

I recently sold my project Astro and Blast for $250 and $300. They were basically Yaton condition shells with non-working monitors.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Rating - 100%
216   0   0
I recently sold my project Astro and Blast for $250 and $300. They were basically Yaton condition shells with non-working monitors.

Except you don't live in California. Lots of people don't like to have cabs shipped for whatever reason.

acblunden2

Rugal's Thug
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks dawg. A bit too far and pricey for an empty shell. Hoping for a NorCal region pickup. Leaning for an empty shell as I would love to get some use out of this tri-sync monitor. A kat named Cereth operating out of Reno from the port of Oakland has some cabs coming in soon from Japan. But I would really like to use that monitor.

Yeah his pricing is way high for dirty cabs. 1k for nac/ac but 900 for new net?

Yeah, I don't want to price shame anyone. But yes, that his high for that quality.

Except you don't live in California. Lots of people don't like to have cabs shipped for whatever reason.

Someone had a Tecmo Kyotaro for sale recently. It was hax0red to death and seller said he was going to take parts from the monitor chassis, so I passed. But would have been cool to pick up that cab. Has a TATE mechnism in it. Too much of a project and risk though. But someone swooped it up recently.

Thanks for the info all. Appreciate it.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0

Why would they? The streets of California are paved with candy cabs.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Kou Cheu also is located in So Cal. The high price of the cabs plus the cost of the drive in my truck are a kick in the pants for sure. I was looking at the New Net City cabs he has for sale. Wanted to go with the Naomi+NetDIMM setup so I could netboot games.

You see a lot more arcade stuff in SoCal than you do NorCal, which sucks. San Jose has a lot of good stuff once in a while though, it's where I got my Neo cab.

acblunden2

Rugal's Thug
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just saying, living in CA and not being able to find a candy cab is like living in Thailand and not being able to find a ladyboy...

I know brutha, I know. But seriously, such a shame to have a nice 29" tri-sync monitor as my workbench tube. Really leaning towards an empty cab to unite it with. Plus I'll pay homage to Voltron at the same time.

No rush on this. Will wait for the right opportunity. I have like 20 cabs so lots to keep me busy in the meantime.

acblunden2

Rugal's Thug
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not fix the Astro you have? I can't imagine you playing many 31k vert games.

Oh, I haven't updated my cab listings over at OA in my sig link for a while. I fixed that Astro a long time ago. She is lovely. Only makes noise when I touch her.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Rating - 100%
216   0   0
I'm just saying, living in CA and not being able to find a candy cab is like living in Thailand and not being able to find a ladyboy...

Well... some people thinks they'll get a mint cab for $100. Others don't want to have cabs shipped... because California is a big place. Whatever the reason... people are just cheap lots of time.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
$900 for a new net city isn’t a terrible price- it’s just weird that he wants more for an Astro than a new net. New net Toshiba monitor is probably the nicest monitor I’ve played on for crts.

This monitor you’re wanting to use- I am curious as to what brand it is.

acblunden2

Rugal's Thug
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$900 for a new net city isn’t a terrible price- it’s just weird that he wants more for an Astro than a new net. New net Toshiba monitor is probably the nicest monitor I’ve played on for crts.

Not terrible price but not cleaning it and your source of income is importing these cabs isn't a good business either. Plus, it is a 500mi trip.

In fact, it came off a Konami Windy II and is a Toshiba PB7534. So you see now my dilemma/desire?

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Not terrible price but not cleaning it and your source of income is importing these cabs isn't a good business either. Plus, it is a 500mi trip.

In fact, it came off a Konami Windy II and is a Toshiba PB7534. So you see now my dilemma/desire?

I think the windy 2 is a semi curved monitor like the blast- honestly I’d see if maybe you can haggle with him on the blast cab. Cost might be higher than what you wanted to pay, but ease of getting that monitor in would make up for it. Since you’re in Cali, I’d just keep my eyes peeled for a non working blast since those chassis turd out often. Windy 2 monitor is on par with new net so I’d def try to get it in a cabinet.

acblunden2

Rugal's Thug
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That windy 2 monitor would fit nicely inside a Blast City.

Hoping to pair up my one candy cab which is an Astro City with another one. So my preference is for something in the Astro City line-up. Again, I can wait for this. Updated my OP accordingly.

Blue0524

n00b
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Thought I would chime in here about that net city. The reason it’s $900 is because it doesn’t come with a board or any games. I ALMOST grabbed one a couple weeks ago from him but when I found that out I bought a U4 instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk