WTB: CPS2 B Boards, preferably phoenixed, any game.

darksoft

DO NOT ASK ROT, FOR ACCOUNT DELETION, WHEN HE'S ON
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
As the title says, drop me a PM if you have any WORKING CPS2 B Board that you'd like to sell.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
* Dreams of a cps2 multi board *

But we already have that. Although pricy and somewhat unreliable on genuine hardware ( and not made anymore).

I wish the CPS2 games had a training mode to be honest.

Last edited:

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Someone is working on an ST training mode, I'm not sure how finished it is.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
But we already have that. Although pricy and somewhat unreliable on genuine hardware ( and not made anymore).

I wish the CPS2 games had a training mode to be honest.

Oh yeah, those 18 in 1 boards. Would be cool to see a more reliable solution with all the games for the platform still running on an original A board.

FreedomGundam

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Oh yeah, those 18 in 1 boards. Would be cool to see a more reliable solution with all the games for the platform still running on an original A board.
That was my biggest gripe about the 18-in-1 boards, is that they weren't a consolidated B-board, but rather a standalone thing.
But more importantly, the fact that Marvel Super Heroes isn't in the list of games is a total deal-breaker for me.

darksoft

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Out of about 45 games the 18-in-1 only supports 18 and not particularly well. I'm thinking of a solution based on an ARM microcontroller that will be attached to the top of any B Board and will allow for loading any game from a microSD. To choose game just change jumpers. See here:
nxt4k7.jpg

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Out of about 45 games the 18-in-1 only supports 18 and not particularly well. I'm thinking of a solution based on an ARM microcontroller that will be attached to the top of any B Board and will allow for loading any game from a microSD. To choose game just change jumpers. See here:
nxt4k7.jpg

Nice! Those look like the same simms as a cps2 black board and cps3. Would all 45 games or so fit on those or would you need to flash new games like your cps3 solution?

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
pm sent about my progear and avp conversions. I would otherwise keep them but I hope I can help you out with this... and possibly instead of selling them, swap vs your future product(s) would be of interest to me. :)

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Nice! Those look like the same simms as a cps2 black board and cps3. Would all 45 games or so fit on those or would you need to flash new games like your cps3 solution?

I am only guessing but maybe you could fit all games in sd card, then choose game and thats when that one game would load from sd card to ram... and you could probably fit any one game on those simms... they would erase themselves automatically on power loss like reboot (possibly saving some data back to sd card first if need be) and then load another game from sd card the next time... right?

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I am only guessing but maybe you could fit all games in sd card, then choose game and thats when that one game would load from sd card to ram... and you could probably fit any one game on those simms... they would erase themselves automatically on power loss like reboot (possibly saving some data back to sd card first if need be) and then load another game from sd card the next time... right?

This isn't RAM, it's a kind of flash memory. Which is why the CPS3 boards are battery-free. you write the game and it stays on there until deleted in bios.

TravistyOJ

Another Striker
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
IT'S HAPENNING!!

Seriously though, I think CPS2 really deserves a nice multiboard. That 18-in-1 isn't generally available, only has a portion of games, has terrible failure rates, and isn't a B board. I'd love to see this happen!

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Im glad i got outbid on ebay for that 18-1 CPS2. This is going to be awesome, so excited for this!

darksoft

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Yes,that's right. That picture is of one Board that Capcom delivered with some games and that used SIMMS instead of EPROMS for the graphic part and some of the sound part, but it still needs eproms for the other parts, so it's not a definitive solution.

The idea is the same as with STV Multi-game. All games loaded from a SD card into flash memory. If you don't update the game, then it will be kept in the flashes of the new board.

What I plan to make is a board that "SITS" like the one of the picture, only that without SIMMS, just regular flash roms.

See blog for 64darksoft.blogspot.com

And now, please let's not get out of focus. Who has B Boards for sale? Especially from Europe, as no import taxes, lower shipping costs, etc.

This isn't RAM, it's a kind of flash memory. Which is why the CPS3 boards are battery-free. you write the game and it stays on there until deleted in bios.

Last edited:

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
This is a good idea.

There are about 40 titles in the CPS2 library.

And the current 18-1 is not so good with the 18 it has, to be nice.

Heh, I'm even trying to dig up a few boards for this.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
will it play Mega Man the Power battle? apparently that one is a rather difficult one to make a conversion of and the original is rare as hens teeth :(

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will it play Mega Man the Power battle? apparently that one is a rather difficult one to make a conversion of and the original is rare as hens teeth :(

But honestly its the same game as the CPS1 version. So it's not that hard to find really. But the CPS2 version is one of the few CPS2 games I do not own and I would love to have an original.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
But honestly its the same game as the CPS1 version. So it's not that hard to find really. But the CPS2 version is one of the few CPS2 games I do not own and I would love to have an original.
Yes I know this but I live in an apartment where space is rather limited and CPS2 boards are much easier to stack and store and less likely to break with their protective shells. And personally CPS2 just looks so much nicer and is so much easier to swap out than CPS1. :D lol has anyone thought of the possibility of making shells for CPS1?