WTB: CPS-2 (Capcom) Kick Harness

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Simply explained: I just need a regular CPS-2 compatible kick harness, preferably with wiring, acceptable without.

I'm not really sure at what 'sites on the Internet to look or what I should expect to pay for something like this, and the few 'sites I have found seem to be sold-out on these things. So if anyone knows a good seller to check-out or has one of their own they wouldn't mind unloading, please let me know!

BIGTIME

Galford's Armourer
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
They can be had for $15 prwired with the pigtails and that is the way to go. You can get them from jamma borads if they are out of stock you can pick one up on ebay for the same price.

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
You can get them from jamma borads if they are out of stock you can pick one up on ebay for the same price.
Thank you. JAMMA Boards was the first place I looked, and because they were out-of-stock, I searched on eBay for "kick harness" and "CPS2 harness" and the only things I came-up with were about ten bucks more than JAMMA Boards was asking.

I don't know, but thirty dollars (total) for a harness seems a bit steep on eBay. I might be willing to go for it if its the only place available, but since I can play my MVS for a while without the extra buttons, I think I might just wait until better sellers pop-up or JAMMA Boards gets their items back in-stock.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
Rating - 100%
98   0   0

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
from an earlier thread...
Thank you for the responce; I seem to remember looking at that thread before and getting some ideas from it (including looking at JAMMABoards.com) but the idea of soldering something just scares me. :crying: Truth be told, I've never soldered anything in my life, and though I realise that "growing into a man" in terms of arcade cabinet maintenance will inevitably require some kind of soldering skill, I don't know if a Capcom harness is the right place to start.

What do you think--if I were to begin learning how to solder wires and such, would this be a good place to begin? (because its not like it'll be on a PCB or anything that costs a hundred bucks).

Curt

apostate
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Soldering is pretty easy.

I have some burn scars on my hands though... I guess thats part of being a man. (Or just not having a steady hand)

Anyways good luck with your harness. $30 is definately too steep. I'm sure someone here has one.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Yeah i waited for 2weeks from Jamma Board & until they told me they were out of stock...I got a friend who is making me one, but thanks for that website...I'll probably try to make one too...

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Nope, thats a edge connector.
Well... imagine that! As soon as I have the gall to go to an online seller other than JAMMABoards.com, not only do I end-up getting the part wrong, but JAMMABoards suddenly has the CPS2-type harnesses back in-stock!

Colour me embarrassed! :eek_2: But good enough, I ended-up ordering the harness because after an hour of trying to figure-out how to build one myself, I just couldn't be confident that I would buy the right contacts and housing for the thing. Oh, well. I guess the next step on the path to "arcade manhood" is worrying myself to death about suicide batteries.
icon13.gif