WTB/Build Request: SCART or RGB cables for US SNES GEN and PVM 2530 Adapter

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
It would be awesome if someone here can build me these cables. I just got a PVM 2530 and it has a proprietary connector in the back, so I need to go from that co nnecter to female SCART or RGB; and then depending on what region that adapter is made for I will need either SCART or RGB cables for the SNES and Genesis.

I can only find RGB and SCART cables from retrogamingcables UK and I have read bad things about them on here so I rather have a member make me high quality ones. They are also sold out of the 2530 adapter anyway.

Please help me out as it's killing me having this monitor and not being able to use it! Haha.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
It would be awesome if someone here can build me these cables. I just got a PVM 2530 and it has a proprietary connector in the back, so I need to go from that co nnecter to female SCART or RGB; and then depending on what region that adapter is made for I will need either SCART or RGB cables for the SNES and Genesis.

I can only find RGB and SCART cables from retrogamingcables UK and I have read bad things about them on here so I rather have a member make me high quality ones. They are also sold out of the 2530 adapter anyway.

Please help me out as it's killing me having this monitor and not being able to use it! Haha.

What did you hear bad about retrogamingcables? I've been using cables that I purchased from them for years and never had any issues.

You might want to contact Daskrabs.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
There's an eBay user named retro_console_accessories who I've bought my RGB cables from and they are great quality.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
Retro Gaming Cables are about the same quality as the cheap ones from HK/China. They (usually) work but are bare bones, ie. unshielded.

Retro Console Accessories make good SCART cables. For SNES, pay the extra for their multicore option.

I can build you a high quality SCART to DB25 adapter for $40 shipped.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
Retro Gaming Cables are about the same quality as the cheap ones from HK/China. They (usually) work but are bare bones, ie. unshielded.

Retro Console Accessories make good SCART cables. For SNES, pay the extra for their multicore option.

Hmm, never paid any mind since they always worked fine, good to know. Will search for Retro Console Accessories cables in the future.

Edit:

Just looked up Retro Console Accessories. I use to order from that chick from Florida back when I first started RGB gaming and her cables would fall apart on me. I guess she stepped up her game.

Last edited:

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I found the adapters on eBay for the PVM and they are $40 so I guess I will just get one from there. The guy said he can wire it for JP RGB, already have a RGB cable for the Genesis so I'm good there. Finding a SNES cable is a bitch though; for some reason the official ones are like $70 and all the rest I see are cheap $7 ones from China. Retro Console Accessories told me that they are out of parts for SNES cables and they don't know when they will get them. Now I wish I didn't trade my official RGB cable for the SNES to Wyo! Hahaha.

Man there really is a market for these if someone with the skills made high quality ones.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Rating - 100%
36   0   0

Can you make all cables for me and give me a deal? :D

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
There's a dude called "wookiewins" on eBay who can make custom cables for you if you reach out to him. He makes good-quality shit. I had him make me BNC to female scart cable to go out the output side of my PVM so that I could pass the signal along into my Framemeister for capturing the footage.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
Can you make all cables for me and give me a deal? :D

Sorry man, I just make the adapters.

There's a dude called "wookiewins" on eBay who can make custom cables for you if you reach out to him. He makes good-quality shit. I had him make me BNC to female scart cable to go out the output side of my PVM so that I could pass the signal along into my Framemeister for capturing the footage.

Yeah, that guy is legit!

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Rating - 100%
36   0   0

Sweet, I will to reach out to him for an SNES cable.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I bought some cables from that Wookiewins guy and they worked great, but he continues to send Dick picks to my address. Not classy upshot ones, but like pictures of him spreading peanut butter on it, or just pressing it real hard in a phone book just super weird shit. Would buy from again...

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I bought some cables from that Wookiewins guy and they worked great, but he continues to send Dick picks to my address. Not classy upshot ones, but like pictures of him spreading peanut butter on it, or just pressing it real hard in a phone book just super weird shit. Would buy from again...

Haha.

Actually it turns out he was the seller that had the 2530 adapter listed in the first place. Went ahead and bought that and managed to find both a Genesis and SNES cable in stock from retroconsoleaccessories as well. It seems they only list three stock of each cable each day then re-list the next; they probably don't want to deal with so much shipping each day.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Haha.

Actually it turns out he was the seller that had the 2530 adapter listed in the first place. Went ahead and bought that and managed to find both a Genesis and SNES cable in stock from retroconsoleaccessories as well. It seems they only list three stock of each cable each day then re-list the next; they probably don't want to deal with so much shipping each day.

Good choice quality product. But seriously, enjoy the pics...

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Good choice quality product. But seriously, enjoy the pics...

So last thing I'm confused on is the audio side of things, with my Genesis 1/Sega CD making it even more complicated...

Basically what I want to do is be able to use my PC studio monitor speakers for both the PC and my Genesis and SNES without having to unplug cables each time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/192064469690?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

This is my adapter cable. My monitors plug in with a 3.5 male cable to my PC since I've already been using a XLR to 3.5 adapter.

So I'm assuming what I need is a female RCA to female 3.5 to get sound out of my SNES from this adapter to my speakers but I'd just have to unplug the 3.5 from the PC and plug into this adapter each time...

For the Genesis I am more confused, as the stereo jack is on the front with the headphones, which is also attached to a sega CD 2. Do I just plug the 3.5 from my speakers directly to this and ignore the RCA on the 2530 adapter?

Lastly is there any possible way to have both systems and my PC connected to the speakers at once so I do not need to keep unplugging things each time I swap?

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0

WHAT THE FUCK? I sent him those pics. That's my dick he's sending you pics of. He wishes that was his dick. Not cool.