Would you want to work a different job everyday?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I would, to me, that would be the ideal profession. Kind of like Mike on that Dirty Jobs TV show. I like variety.

Obviously, you wouldn't be able to do really skilled professions, like a doctor, but, there are lots of different things an average person could do. Like, Monday you could be a garbage man, Tuesday, a receptionist, Wednesday, a dog sitter, Thursday, a cook, Friday, a cashier, weekend off, then, next week, a new batch of M-F jobs. Life would never be dull and you'd learn all sorts of new stuff/skills.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
One of the best things about getting older is that you get better at your job. Everything gets easier and you produce better results with less effort and have more respect because of it.

So, no. Fuck no.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
If you really want that experience then being a substitute teacher might suit you well.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
One of the best things about getting older is that you get better at your job. Everything gets easier and you produce better results with less effort and have more respect because of it.

So, no. Fuck no.
You've been coasting for ten years.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
This was part of the reason working maintenance for a mall has been my favorite job. We did everything the mall and it's grounds needed. Sweeping, mopping, mowing, electrical, plumbing, hanging drywall, painting, etc.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I would, to me, that would be the ideal profession. Kind of like Mike on that Dirty Jobs TV show. I like variety.

Obviously, you wouldn't be able to do really skilled professions, like a doctor, but, there are lots of different things an average person could do. Like, Monday you could be a garbage man, Tuesday, a receptionist, Wednesday, a dog sitter, Thursday, a cook, Friday, a cashier, weekend off, then, next week, a new batch of M-F jobs. Life would never be dull and you'd learn all sorts of new stuff/skills.
This doesn't seem unattainable, does it? Gig economy and all that.

Hmm, read your post again, perhaps different everyday forever might be a bit of a tall ask

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I don't want to change from one crappy job to another crappy job day after day.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I had a job that was very different every week working as consultant in genetic analysis methods. Sometimes it was AgBio....sometimes Clinical Pathology...sometimes a Major university or even Community Colleges. It was challenging, and I enjoyed it immensely. Every year was different. . Some of that was the advancement of technology and some were the new applications with customers. I did this for almost a decade before focusing on my current role. I am ruined to an extent because I'll never be able to go back to working for a single group. I couldn't imagine doing the same thing every day.

As long as it isn't factory work, there are many jobs that tackle different things on a daily basis even if it's the same field.

Last edited:
Reactions: @M

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Be a maintenance man for a business or hotel/apartment complex or something along those lines. While I'm sure there would be some overlap, you'd likely have a different challenge every day. I thought of IT for a company as well, but it seems like it's always the same issues in that line.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I dunno I could do that once my mortgage is paid off and it doesn't matter what I get paid.

The right answer right here.

I've only had financial comfort a few times in my life and every time I did, I would take contract type jobs (pay per report stuff) and my life was less stressful. Slept whenever. Woke up whenever.

Now that I'm looking to take on big purchases and such, it's back to full time bullshit and pretty much same pay so I can qualify for a house.

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I have to switch between writing, design, video production, and post-production pretty regularly, which I like. I end up getting bored of one thing, so it's good to be able to move onto something else once one project is done. If I had a manual or retail job, yes, I'd want to work in a different location / have a different task each day.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
No I would hate that.

I like working with people and developing meaningful and very special relationships with them, but that takes time.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Different job within the same field yes.

Completely different job with different people no.

Also even so called unskilled labor jobs require a degree of skill on some level. If you actually worked a different job everyday it would be horrible. You'd have to start from nothing every single day and end up spending most of your time watching someone else do the work while you just stood around like a dumbshit. Essentially you'd be in a never ending training session.

Even worse if you were just thrown into a new job without the training everyday without any experience you would just constantly be making mistakes, getting chewed out and watching other people have to fix all your fuck-ups.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
I wouldn't want to change jobs daily, but yearly yeah. I hate routines

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

This.

Kind of what position I'm in now. When I was working earlier for Peter Piper Pizza when it was a franchise store, I was strictly a game tech. Worked on games, did counts and audits and preventive maintenance and frack everything else. Now since corporate took over, I'm now a Technical Manager. While the title is nice, pay is better and bonuses are now a perk, my range has increased. Janitorial, opening prep, inventory and a few other things added to my workload. I do a few specialty things on certain days of the week so I do different jobs daily but within my field so to speak.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

Also even so called unskilled labor jobs require a degree of skill on some level. If you actually worked a different job everyday it would be horrible. You'd have to start from nothing every single day and end up spending most of your time watching someone else do the work while you just stood around like a dumbshit. Essentially you'd be in a never ending training session.

Even worse if you were just thrown into a new job without the training everyday without any experience you would just constantly be making mistakes, getting chewed out and watching other people have to fix all your fuck-ups.
Man I dunno bout you but if you were to combine all of the time I spent in 'training' on all the jobs I've worked you'd call it a multi-year bong, drunk off your ass, do nothing watch fest of weekly pay thanks buddy seeya tomorrow. It was fuckin awesome. Can I have that every day? I'll get shat on to watch / do shit wrong and get paid anyday.